The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Liverpool are not favourites regardless of what Chelsea say. They may be tired but when you spend £500million or whatever on a squad you should have no excuses. Liverpool are 11/4 with Eastwoods tonight i think. Essien is a huge loss for Chelsea, their best player in my opinion. Score draw would do tonight.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

magpie seanie

According to Graham Hunter Carvalho plays as does Makalele. Chelski team as follows:

Cech

Diarra   Carvalho   Terry    Cashley

Makalele

Obi Mikel       Fat Lamps

Joe Cole

Drogba        Shevchenko

SuperDooperCooper

Good or bad news? - hard to see either player figuring before the end of the season.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liverpool fans will be delighted with the news that both Harry Kewell and Luis Garcia are making great strides in their recovery from injuries.

The Reds duo have been out of action for some time now, but could just make it back in time for the final few games in the Premiership and Champions League run-in.

Winger Kewell has not featured at all this season for the most successful team from Merseyside after he played through the pain barrier for Australia at last summer's World Cup.

The former Leeds United player is back in full training now at Melwood, and could make a surprise return to the Liverpool squad for their remaining fixtures.

Spanish playmaker Luis Garcia is another player fighting back to fitness after falling down injured in a cup tie against Arsenal in January.

He isn't as close as Kewell is to a comeback, but could be fit in time for the Champions League Final - if Liverpool make it there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Think we need to score tonight - hard to see Chelsea not scoring over the 2 legs like 2 years ago.
Head ruling heart 1-2 with Gerrard getting the goal....

Tony Baloney

Mourinho has won a mediocre Premiership after spending about £350 million on players. Hardly broke much delft himself.

The one he really wants (and I'm sure his employer Mr. Abramovich wants too) is the Champions League. Mark one in the Rafa Benitez column for that one!

Ethan Edwards

Jose

Finnan       Jamie     Agger         Arebola

Stevie G    Alonso    Mascarano    Riise

Crouch        Kuyt

WHAT YOU THINK
SCORE 1 - 1
That'll Be The Day

Gabriel_Hurl

Liverpool team:

Reina

Arbeloa
Carra
Agger
Riise

Gerrard
Alonso
Mascherano
Zenden

Kuyt
Bellamy

Subs:
Dudek
Hyypia
Gonzalez
Crouch
Pennant
Sissoko
Paletta

Zenden?

The Real Laoislad

Is that the offical team Gab Hurl?
Surprised with Zenden if it is
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

20mins gone 0-0 I think we are riding our luck a little Chelsea should have at least scored one
I think we are missing Steve Finnan,A couple of times now a cross has come in from Riise  and it files straight over head of Chelsea defense to other side of pitch with no one there from Liverpool to collect,Finnan would always be there to send it back in again
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

1-0 Cole, can't say it hasn't been coming, defence can't handle Drogba at all

Syd The Sailor

"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ExiledGael

True, he's bad, but Bellamy was far worse and deserved to be hauled off.
Only five seven fouls in the first half according to Andy Gray, know he's a p***k but that's pretty tame stuff!

The Real Laoislad

Frustrating >:(..Never looked liked scoring,As for Zenden ???  ::)  is all i can say
Very disapointing overall and I think we have left ourselves with too much to do
Arbeloa was terrible as well
You'll Never Walk Alone.