The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 25, 2009, 06:29:58 PM
Keane would be right to walk out! What would he not give to get a run of games like Kuyt does!
Hopefully he plays Wednesday or it could be the end!

He would be right to walk out? Catch a grip.

Keane had ample opportunities and didnt take them. On Monday night he was anonymous yet again. Terrible attitude to boot, wont be sad to see the back of him.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:34:23 PM
Keane would be right to walk out! What would he not give to get a run of games like Kuyt does!
Hopefully he plays Wednesday or it could be the end!

Does he desve it though? Kuyt has been a better player this season without doubt.

Could also be argued Keane hasn't been given a fair chance.
There have been times this season when Kuyt has been brutal and he is never subbed,Keane went on a run of scoring in a few games and he was dropped for the Newcastle game,nevermind all the times he wasn't brought on when we needed a goal or brought off when he was playing decent enough
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

LL has it! Keane to me is a confidence player. The newcastle game took the biscuit, despite it being Liverpools best performance it had to be the worst team they have faced all year. If Keane had of started that game god knows how many he could have scored!
Kuyt offers nothing on the wing and not much more up front! keane to me is a better all round player pity he cant get a chance to prove it in Red!

corn02

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 25, 2009, 06:54:32 PM
LL has it! Keane to me is a confidence player. The newcastle game took the biscuit, despite it being Liverpools best performance it had to be the worst team they have faced all year. If Keane had of started that game god knows how many he could have scored!
Kuyt offers nothing on the wing and not much more up front! keane to me is a better all round player pity he cant get a chance to prove it in Red!

If you think Kuyt brings nothing you are ver ymuch wrong.

Yes LL I agree with your points. Kuyt does seem unsubbable at times - Hull being the prime example, but, when on the field, Keane hasn't been good.

Also this argument that Carmen and other people have brough up about the Newcastle match is one of the stupidest I have ever heard. When a team wins 5-1 you cannot question selection. And if you are, you need to catch a grip big style.

By your logic Carmen, he may have messed up every attack and we may have lost the game.

gawa316

Keane would be right to walk out!
Catch yourself on. If the rumours are true about him walking out, Keane would not be right to do so. Keane isn't child so shouldn't act like one. If am getting grief at work from the boss, I can bet ye I don't walk out in a huff

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on January 25, 2009, 07:09:31 PM
Keane would be right to walk out!
Catch yourself on. If the rumours are true about him walking out, Keane would not be right to do so. Keane isn't child so shouldn't act like one. If am getting grief at work from the boss, I can bet ye I don't walk out in a huff

Bingo!

Nobody is saying Keane doesn't have a right to be annoyed but if it is true - good riddance. Didn;t he pull a stunt like this at Spurs - flung the jersey. Taking after his  namesake if true and getting out when the going is getting tough.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 07:18:48 PM

Nobody is saying Keane doesn't have a right to be annoyed but if it is true - good riddance. Didn;t he pull a stunt like this at Spurs - flung the jersey. Taking after his  namesake if true and getting out when the going is getting tough.

Yeah, you're 100% right, Roy Keane spent 12 years at Man United. Robbie Keane has been at six clubs since 1999. Perfectly valid comparison ::)
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

corn02

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 25, 2009, 07:43:54 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 07:18:48 PM

Yeah, you're 100% right, Roy Keane spent 12 years at Man United. Robbie Keane has been at six clubs since 1999. Perfectly valid comparison ::)

Get off your high horse son, I was making a comparison with his stint at Sunderland.

RedandGreenSniper

Fair enough so. I still don't agree with ya on that comparison but we'll not go down that road again

But back to Robbie Keane, while his temperament can be questioned, he has been getting a raw deal. He's as well to get out now before end of transfer window.

Not in the 18 today is utterly bizarre and either hints at a complete lack of belief in his ability from his manager or a bust-up, neither of which will help his Ireland career, while he remains at Liverpool. Could Everton take him out of curiosity??
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

corn02

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 25, 2009, 07:59:21 PM
Fair enough so. I still don't agree with ya on that comparison but we'll not go down that road again

But back to Robbie Keane, while his temperament can be questioned, he has been getting a raw deal. He's as well to get out now before end of transfer window.

Not in the 18 today is utterly bizarre and either hints at a complete lack of belief in his ability from his manager or a bust-up, neither of which will help his Ireland career, while he remains at Liverpool. Could Everton take him out of curiosity??

Fair enough, it was a black and white comment from me, but certainly a similar thing.

Keane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out. The rumours that he was a Parry signing and not a  Rafa one wont help the situation.

There is the slight possibilty that he was being held back for the big game of the two - Wigan.

I doubt they would do business with Everton. A weird situation.

Carmen Stateside

The most probable thing is that he is being kept for Wednesday, Kuyt bound to need a rest soon especially after all that hard running last Monday and today!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 25, 2009, 04:29:07 PM
Everton lead

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

would you and your trolling ever f**k off out of this thread???

you contribute absolutely nothing

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 08:03:45 PMKeane has had a raw deal, but not as bad as some people are making out.

If he did something on the pitch - then he deserves a shot, but he hasn't - he's been shocking all year - bar 1 or 2 games

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 25, 2009, 08:32:15 PM
The most probable thing is that he is being kept for Wednesday, Kuyt bound to need a rest soon especially after all that hard running last Monday and today!

If if that is true he should still have been named on the bench IMHO
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Heading to Anfield on Sunday morning next. Arrive at around 10.30ish in the airport, so don't want to waste too much time between going to hotel and getting to the ground for a loc of pints. Where does good food, reasonabley priced? Staying at Albert Docks, so anywhere there or at the ground.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone