The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/26/Premier-League-Reds-strike-Riera-deal/?facets/sport-space/football/great-britain-locale/

QuoteSetantasports.com understands that Liverpool have finally come to an agreement with Espanyol over the transfer of Spain international Albert Riera.

The 26-year-old winger has been linked with a move to Anfield for months now but talks between the two clubs have reached a positive conclusion.

Merseyside rivals Everton had tabled a higher offer for the former Manchester City man but Riera has his heart set on a move to Anfield where he will join his compatriot Rafa Benitez.

Riera must now agree personal terms with the club and complete all the necessary medical tests, but he is poised to move to Anfield in a deal worth in the region of £9.54 million.

The acquisition of the Espanyol star will go a long way to reinforcing Liverpool's options in wide positions and the club also retain an interest in Aston Villa's Gareth Barry.

Mentalman

Watched another compilation there, not that they are anything to go by, but he does seem to be an out and out left sided player.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

clarshack

taking part in the sky sports fantasy football and have hyypia in my team. it seems he has a hamstring injury but i cant find out how bad it is and how long he is out for? anyone know cos if its a bad one he's getting the chop!

bingobus

Quote from: clarshack on August 27, 2008, 09:09:43 AM
taking part in the sky sports fantasy football and have hyypia in my team. it seems he has a hamstring injury but i cant find out how bad it is and how long he is out for? anyone know cos if its a bad one he's getting the chop!

Not sure how long he is out for but don't really see him playing much this year. Will prob be 4th choice centre half behind Carra, Agger and Skertel. Not a fantansy football regular. Has also been subject of a rejected offer from Stoke and could well end up there before Monday.

clarshack

thanks, i had wanted a player from each of the top four sides in my back four and he was the cheapest liverpool option. he played in the first game so I thought he might have been playing regular enough.

stevo-08

I think Hyypia is back from injury and is in contention for a place in team tonight but as Bingobus says, I cant see him playing on a regular basis this season.

The GAA

Some disaster if liverpool go out tonight

Hank Everlast

wats the story with agger??? i had him in my fantasy team and he hasnt featured at all yet??

full back

Was just going to ask that Hank. Thought he would be a sure starter all year ???

stevo-08

Agger has come back from a year out so just probably isnt back to his sharpest yet. And with carra & skrtel, there's no need to rush him back. With games v Villa & Utd coming up, I cant see him starting until the stoke game. In a month or 2 he could be first choice.

I wanted 1 liverpool defender in my fantasy team but didnt pick any of the centre backs cos of the competition for places. I picked Arbeloa. He's not a great defender but with finnan out of favour, he's really the only choice at right back.

bingobus

Steve08 prob has it right but would see him been introduced and then left out, tonight may suit him.

I put Reina in team rather than a CB, was limited to 3 LFC players and choose Reina (Clean sheets and assists last year), Gerard and Torres. I did have Ardeloa in last year.

Mentalman

Milner looks to be on the move, destination Villa apparently, but Liverpool also linked. What would yee think? Any football in him?

corn02

Milner is very under-rated but I still don't think he would be good enough for us - a squad player maybe. The man has an uncanny ability to find space when there is none, but again could not see him starting much in the first 11.

Mentalman

He's started the season at some lick, but the reason now seems to be apparent.