The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

I'd have to agre with Billy, I'd say terry was backing in on Reina, not enough for it to be a free out but definitely wouldn't have seen it as a penalty call. I reckon he should have just let it go.
Very dissappointed. Thought we had it in the bag. How there were two left free to cross the ball I don't know. And then Riise!!  Crazy stuff. He could have used his right and put it anywere, used his left and just make sure to blaze it to the side line but he takes the hardest option. To Be honest he could have chested the ball down for Reina instead of a diving header right in front of his own keeper!

Thought Skertle and carragher looked secure enough. Kuty worked away as usual but seemed to die a bit at the end and there was a lot of ball coming in from his side including the goal.

Gerrard looked ok. Lovely ball through for Torres which should have been finished. Torres worked hard enough but looked furstrated. Should have had at least one.
Alonso looked like he was coming back to his better days with some great passing.

All in all it's still there. Could have been a great result but it's not the worst. I reckon there'll be goals in the Bridge. Cheski to score first and then liverpool to score two. Job's a gud un!!

EC Unique

I hope Liverpool can pull this off as I would much rather face them in the Final than Chelsea...... If Utd can get through!!

gerrykeegan

Seanie his basic is 100K stg, he has Champions League Bonuses and other benefits which brought him up to about 140K per week, he was the one whose payslip was posted on the web and the MP's were going mad over how much he was being paid. and he still cant kick with his left
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Billys Boots

Quotestill cant kick with his left

Right Gerry, right!!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

gerrykeegan

F off Billy I'm not talking to you until after we kick you out of the Championship with our left and right Boots! (no pun indended)
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

myball22

Madness by Riise at the very end last night but the cross should never have gone in.
Mascherano and Arbeloa should have shut up shop in the corner.

The referee was quite suspect last night and you never kew which way the free was going.
There could have been a penalty for Liverpool for Ballack handball and Cole's push on Kuyt as easy as Reina's challenge on
Terry but probably no penalties was the right option.

Liverpool played well last night, created opportunities and should take that confidence to Chelsea next week, they need to score
but they can create opportunities and hopefully they'll get one or two.

Sets up a fascinating game next week, Liverpool would have sat back if it was 1-0 and played on the break and our nerves would be shot! This way the emphasis is on attacking and getting the goal they need.

If they are good enough, they'll get thorugh, Chelsea are no great shakes!!

Oh and Drogba, what a (insert expletive here)

bingobus

Don't know how anyone can say the Ref was fair or good. He missed some big decisions and then gave some very strange ones. When he blew, you didn't know what was going to give. From the first minute the free he give on the edge of box to Chelsea, Drogba turned round to complain about the decision, as he had assumed it was given against him  ???

Must score at the bridge but don't think it will be a case of all out attack, not Rafa's way. Will be much the same as last night I reckon. Glad to see Babel getting a bit of confidence last night. Hopefully his second half will presuade Grant to play Essien at RB. Think out midfield, was the superior last night and this could be the key next week.

Could be long night.

Maximus Marillius

How could any decent Liverpool fan complain about a ref after the decesions thay have had in the two games against Arsenal...ye know what all the pundits say...the decesions even themselves out over the season

magpie seanie

QuoteSeanie his basic is 100K stg, he has Champions League Bonuses and other benefits which brought him up to about 140K per week,

I thought that was a monthly payslip. If not its 52/12 times worse.

nifan

I see phillip lahm has turned down a new offer from BM, wonder how much he would cost?
Hes a good player and is able you use either foot for more than standing.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 23, 2008, 09:47:37 AM
Seanie his basic is 100K stg, he has Champions League Bonuses and other benefits which brought him up to about 140K per week, he was the one whose payslip was posted on the web and the MP's were going mad over how much he was being paid. and he still cant kick with his left

That was monthly.

supersarsfields

Yeah I'd agree. Don't think Liverpool can really complain about the reffing either. They should have been two up at least and that wasn't the fault of the ref.
Kinda glad that Crouch wasn't on as I'd say that ref would have called him all night when jumping for the ball.

brokencrossbar1

Result wise it could have been better. There were some strage refereeing decisions, and I cannot for the life of me understand how it took the ref until the last few minutes to show John terry a yellow.  I think if he had earlier on then Torres would have had more space as Terry would not have been up his hole like his wee buddy Cashley likes to :P 

I can actually see more positives in the fixture than negatives.  Liverpool obviously have to score a goal, so they will have to do a certain amount of pressurising.  I actually think Chelsea will feel under pressure to score early to kill off the tie and this will leave space for Liverpool to score on the break.  Coupled with the fact that Torres played poorly and Gerard only in bursts, then I think the tie can be won. 

Obviously the tie is very much in Chelseas favour but, you never know!

Uladh

The ref seemed determined to get through the game without producing a yellow until he had to book terry. by the same token, Mascherano should have been carded for his cynical foul on i think malouda to stop a chelsea break

in the interests of balance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwN0TxjnuRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmdfJfkw3Y