The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 20, 2007, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2007, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 20, 2007, 09:13:40 AM
Has Benitez been taking lessons in humility from Mourinho?

Last night he sais his team played well and the turning point was the sending off. It was hardly the turning point, they were 1-0 down at the time.

On Sunday he said United were lucky despite the fact his team hardly created a chance.

Surely once in a while it would be best to admit that his team weren't up to it or perhaps he picked the wrong team.

When you're 1-0 down with eleven men, you're in a better position than when you're 1-0 down with one of your strikers having been sent off, don't you think? The game wasn't exactly lost when the first goal went in, whether or not it was a weakened team.

United created virtually nothing on Sunday either, apart from a weak shot which led to the goal, and the breakaway chance that Rooney should have scored.

When is the last time Ferguson or Wenger stood up in a press conference and said "I fucked it up!"?

I wouldn't expect him to say that but he could once in a while say that the best team won. Wenger and Ferguson have both admitted over the years that they have been out-played or out-battled. He is quick enough to point out other teams deficiencies in front of the camera so perhaps he should admit his own teams once in a while. Last night Mikel was assaulted by one of his players, yet he blamed Mikel. Ludicrous.

Would ya go away ta f**k,Ferguson has blamed everything from the ref to the length of the grass to the f**king jerseys they were wearing..."We couldn't see each other in the gray jerseys so we changed at half time"...Yeah thats why Southampton were thumping ye 6-3 because of the colour of the jerseys  ::)
Ferguson won't even do interviews now when ye lose instead he sends out that muppet Querioz
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Happy enough with the draw..I don't think it really matters who they got Liverpool should have no fear of anyone with getting to two finals in three years,if anything Inter will be the ones who won't be pleased with the draw
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 21, 2007, 03:17:03 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 20, 2007, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2007, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: Great Leap Forward on December 20, 2007, 09:13:40 AM
Has Benitez been taking lessons in humility from Mourinho?

Last night he sais his team played well and the turning point was the sending off. It was hardly the turning point, they were 1-0 down at the time.

On Sunday he said United were lucky despite the fact his team hardly created a chance.

Surely once in a while it would be best to admit that his team weren't up to it or perhaps he picked the wrong team.

When you're 1-0 down with eleven men, you're in a better position than when you're 1-0 down with one of your strikers having been sent off, don't you think? The game wasn't exactly lost when the first goal went in, whether or not it was a weakened team.

United created virtually nothing on Sunday either, apart from a weak shot which led to the goal, and the breakaway chance that Rooney should have scored.

When is the last time Ferguson or Wenger stood up in a press conference and said "I fucked it up!"?

I wouldn't expect him to say that but he could once in a while say that the best team won. Wenger and Ferguson have both admitted over the years that they have been out-played or out-battled. He is quick enough to point out other teams deficiencies in front of the camera so perhaps he should admit his own teams once in a while. Last night Mikel was assaulted by one of his players, yet he blamed Mikel. Ludicrous.

Would ya go away ta f**k,Ferguson has blamed everything from the ref to the length of the grass to the f**king jerseys they were wearing..."We couldn't see each other in the gray jerseys so we changed at half time"...Yeah thats why Southampton were thumping ye 6-3 because of the colour of the jerseys  ::)
Ferguson won't even do interviews now when ye lose instead he sends out that muppet Querioz

Ferguson does do interviews when they lose. Querioz is trotted out to BBC because Ferguson refuses to work with them after a fall-out a few years back.
Agree though that all managers are just as bad as each other when it comes to that sort of shit., something stupid for us to fight about I suppose.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteHe's a dirty little fcuker alright. Always hacking away at players. Definitely someone that's going to perform a horror tackle and get sent off before the season is out.

Lovely.!
Obi one's tackling leaves a lot to be desired though. He can't tackle essentially. If he masters this part of his game, he will be approaching world class.

He is probably Chelsea's POTY to date, but if you ask me what he does....I'd struggle to answer. He has very 'Guillit' like qualities, and is extremely efficent on the ball.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

Half Time

Liverpool 2
Pompy  0

Kewell playing well,Great goal by Benayoun aswell
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Big result yesterday but not a great performance, a draw yesterday really would have finished us. Great goal by Torres even though he wasnt great from general play, his touch was a bit off for a change but he is still scoring goals.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Cant slip up tomorrow now!! All teams still going to drop points here and there for the rest of year! Go on the Hammers :D

The Real Laoislad

Very tricky game tomorrow and as Carmen says we can't slip up...City are flying it at home and only just dropped their first points at home
A reckon it will end as a draw myself
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

I can't help but think that today's results will spur the boys on tomorrow

2 nil win - you gotta be optimistic

The Real Laoislad

Hope your right Gab...
Also hope Rafa sticks to his strongest  11 if he knows what that is  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 29, 2007, 05:25:02 PM
I can't help but think that today's results will spur the boys on tomorrow

2 nil win - you gotta be optimistic

hope so!

GalwayBayBoy

If the bluenoses manage to get even a point from Arsenal then Liverpool could go within 6 points of the top two tomorrow with a win over City. With a game in hand.

So a win tomorrow is vital although it definitely won't be easy.

Carmen Stateside

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside