The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 26, 2007, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on November 26, 2007, 01:54:09 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 26, 2007, 01:51:04 PM
He won't be out of work for long.  The Birmingham City job is there for the taking.  Would he bring Gerrard with him tho? :-\

would you want Gerrard or have you bought into the Sky/Sun/Daily Mirror/Times myth that he is world class along Lamps.

I'm pretty sure if Gerrard was put up for sale there would be no shortage of potential buyers.

so that means they are world class, its means the men buying them don't know either. There performances of the world cup bcaks up all is needed to say. its one thing playing footy on the premiership, its another controlling a game in the summer world cup, when it comes down to real skill

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on November 26, 2007, 02:52:20 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 26, 2007, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on November 26, 2007, 01:54:09 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 26, 2007, 01:51:04 PM
He won't be out of work for long.  The Birmingham City job is there for the taking.  Would he bring Gerrard with him tho? :-\

would you want Gerrard or have you bought into the Sky/Sun/Daily Mirror/Times myth that he is world class along Lamps.

I'm pretty sure if Gerrard was put up for sale there would be no shortage of potential buyers.

so that means they are world class, its means the men buying them don't know either. There performances of the world cup bcaks up all is needed to say. its one thing playing footy on the premiership, its another controlling a game in the summer world cup, when it comes down to real skill

I couldn't give a monkey's what he does or doesn't do for England. He does it for Liverpool which is all that I care about.

I don't know if I'd describe Gerrard as world class. It's a term bandied about too easily these days anyway but he's certainly capable of delivering world class performances on his day.

Stalin

Gerrard has nothing to prove to anyone, cometh the hour cometh stevei g, as 2005 CL final showed and also the FA Cup 2006.

He could fetch a massive fee in the transfer market

QuoteThere performances of the world cup bcaks up

max you might find looking at the keyboard when ur typing helps...
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Rav67

I am reminded of Eamon Dunphy's (not that I agree with any of the shite he comes out with) description of Stevie G after Barca home leg last season:

"Steven Gerrard, found out tonight. A nothing player, Bill, a nothing player!"

Stalin

Rav im failing to see the relevance? stick to the celtic thread  :P
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

corn02

Dunphy also does not rate Ronaldo and who can deny he is World class.

Max Ronaldinhio has hardly shined at the World Cup either so is he not World Class. It is not the same anymore, Club comes before Country now.

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool win 8-0 last time out and 4-1 tonight yet Dunphy and co still can't give them credit,if it was United Arsenal or Chelsea they would be creaming themselves
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 28, 2007, 09:49:37 PM
Have to agree with you LaoisLad but I would agree with Dunphy to a certain extent about some of the Liverpool players not being good enough, Voronin in particular who you were very critical of pre-season.
Its in our own hands now though and a win in France sees us through to the next round, you wouldnt have bet on that after the loss in Istanbul.

Agree re Vorinon and yeah i did say it pre-season but i thought he had proved me wrong but it looks now like i was right,Dunphy also slating Benayoun but in fairness i think he is a great player
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Good win but wasnt the best performance. Torres really starting to get going! Class above everyone else!

SeanSouth

Lads we were brutal for large patches of the game, Babel - what the f**k was he doing on the whole game? Voronin - Laoislad you were correct with your analogy with the lump of shite earlier this year. On a more positive note, Torres - what a player, would not swap him for any striker in the world. Laoislad, Benayoun is a decent player, calling him "great" is pushing it a bit.

corn02

5Times Arbeloa are you serious? I had massive doubts about him but he has been consistently excellent this season, Kewell is also proving that he is a class act. You are correct about Riise though, not good enough - a squad player at best.

On tongiht a  poor performance but a result is a result. Half time we were lucky to be at 1-1. Yossi and Torres were excellent in the first half. Second half Yossi was terrible as was Babel. Torres was quiet but how can he be questioned with finished like the second goal. Gerrard was terrible but he still got a goal.

SeanSouth

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 28, 2007, 10:01:17 PM
From tonights team, who should stay and who should get the road.
I would keep Reina, Carragher, Finnan, Stevie G, Babel, Torres and maybe Benayoun, I think Babel has the makings of a future star.
Those getting the road would be Voronin, Kewell, Arbeloa, OhNO Sissoko and maybe Riise.

Would probably agree with you 5iveTimes, Babel has a bit of the headless chicken about him though. Big Sami has to go too, it is like watching a train crash everytime he plays.

Chrisowc

I would keep Reina, Carragher, Finnan, Stevie G, Babel, Torres and maybe Benayoun, I think Babel has the makings of a future star.
Those getting the road would be Voronin, Kewell, Arbeloa, OhNO Sissoko and maybe Riise.

I'd give peachy bum a chance to prove his fitness.  He'd be getting a 50% pay cut to stay though.  If he doesn't like it......

I'd keep Riise too.

Their goal seemed to knock our confidence.  The last 15 mins of the 1st half were a shambles.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SeanSouth

Quote from: Chrisowc on November 28, 2007, 10:08:50 PM

I'd give peachy bum a chance to prove his fitness.  He'd be getting a 50% pay cut to stay though.  If he doesn't like it......

I'd keep Riise too.

Their goal seemed to knock our confidence.  The last 15 mins of the 1st half were a shambles.

On what grounds would you keep Riise? For the screamer into the top corner once a year and the rest of them into the Kop?

Galwaybhoy

Why does Crouch rarely start for Liverpool?  Very underrated...