The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSouth

Quote from: new devil on November 25, 2007, 10:23:57 PM
Greedy as in winning trophies...then he is indeed one of the greediest managers of all time ;)

No greedy as in money, the way he tried to screw Magnier and Mac Manus out of the Rock Of Gibraltar money, in fairness he was out of his depth with those boys. I would have been interested to hear his interview on Match Of The Day last night, thats right the oul w**ker doesent speak to them.

whyarerefssobad

benitez is just a fat Spanish Waiter hope he stays for years
always look on the bright side

SeanSouth

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on November 25, 2007, 10:46:20 PM
benitez is just a fat Spanish Waiter hope he stays for years

Excellent post, what does that make Fergie? An alcoholic jock

SeanSouth

corn02

Well if you paid attention here you would realise that children come on and make shameful claims against United and Pool fans. This board has a reputation for good debate without going too far so like 5Times says, lets keep it that way.

NewDevil can I ask why you hope Benitez does stay, surely even the most die hard United fans realise how good he is doing?

J70

Quote from: corn02 on November 25, 2007, 10:59:54 PM
Well if you paid attention here you would realise that children come on and make shameful claims against United and Pool fans. This board has a reputation for good debate without going too far so like 5Times says, lets keep it that way.

NewDevil can I ask why you hope Benitez does stay, surely even the most die hard United fans realise how good he is doing?

You expect a serious, considered answer form NewDevil? :D

new devil

Because hes a great manager... which is good for the premiership!! Thats why

Gaaboardmod3

Stalin, I deleted your personal abuse post there. Cut it out.

Gaaboardmod3

Thanks for posting that 5iveTimes. I was going to do the same thing myself. Let's make sure this thread doesn't descend into rubbish again. The soccer threads are very popular, especially the Man U and Liverpool ones. However, they do seem to be a hair trigger away from ridiculous insults and abuse all the time. Make sure we don't get bans or threads locked on account of silliness lads.

Cheers

Stalin

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on November 26, 2007, 10:57:15 AM
Stalin, I deleted your personal abuse post there. Cut it out.

Whatever, Trevor
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Great Leap Forward

The rumours were rife in the media last night the Rafa had handed in his resignation. It appears that doesn't seem to be the case. It's only a matter of time though. It is the Chelsea situation all over again and something will give.

I heard an interesting interview with spanish football journalist Graham Hunter over the weekend. He has sources close to Beinitez who say that his ego has got out of control in recent times and that he has moved away from the traits that made him successful in Spain.

Perhaps this might explain his treatment of certain players in the rotation system. He seems to want to teach some players a lesson and Gerrard, Torres and Crouch have all been on the receiving end this year.

Stalin

QuoteHe has sources close to Beinitez who say that his ego has got out of control in recent times and that he has moved away from the traits that made him successful in Spain.

yeah, unbeaten in the premier league after about a third of the season is the definition of being unsuccessful. Who is this 'Beinitez' chap anyway?

As for teaching players a lesson, Gerrard has been almost an ever-present. The one (media-enforced) 'controversial' decison was taking him off in the merseyside derby, a decision thoroughly vindicated by Lucas winning the match for Liverpool.

Torres has played a role in every match he has been fit for, dropped for one match, big deal.

Crouch was out of favour for a long time, happens under every manager at every club.

This constant media speculation/drumming up adverse publicity against 'rotation' is such a load of shite. All that shite in that rag yesterday was a joke as well, Bascombe shoudl be ashamed of himself. If he was a true liverpool fan he wouldnt be involved with NOTW anyway
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

gawa316

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 26, 2007, 11:37:14 AM
if we win our game at hand we are back up to third place, three points behind Man Ure and six behind Arsenal.

If we win our game in hand we will be level with salford fc

AZOffaly

What I found gas was even though LFC have had seriously dodgy performances, the goal difference is the same as Uniteds. + 16.  LFC have only scored one less than United all season, which must be unusual at this time of the season, 1/3 through. I know the Derby game had a lot to do with that, but even so it's encouraging.

brokencrossbar1

Actually if Liverpool win their game they will go above Man Utd on goal difference.

I was very impressed with the performance on saturday and was delighted that Kuyt scored.  If Torres had have had his scoring boots on he would have had a hat-trick and he is easily the most dynamic striker playing in The Premiership.  It bodes well and hopefully will transfer itself to the CL.

On the whole Rafa row, I am disappointed in rafa that he feels the need to play this game in the media.  This has become a trait of his that I do not like as it is best to keep things in house.  I can however see his point as he needs a top class centre half and a striker in the new year, and also needs to finalise getting Mascherano signed permanently.  If you look at it from his viewpoint it is completely understandable.  

Anyway, the game on Wednesday is crucial as it can make or break the season in some respect.  If CL qualidfication is secured then it will guarantee at least £10m.  The sale of Carson will bring in approximately £8m.  I think that Crouch will go for £10m, so that leaves him with a minimum kitty of £28m.  He would do a good bit of damage with that kind of money.