The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BauldBull

Game finished 0-0

Penalties

Portsmouth just won 4-2.

Torres & Benayoun missed (well saved by James)

Gold

when torres stepped up i said to my mate "it will be terrible bad 4 his confidence if he misses, hes defo not gona score" and he didnt--he looks uptight and nervous--hes gonna b a flop-shevchenko style
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

lurganblue

Quote from: Gold on July 28, 2007, 01:33:30 AM
when torres stepped up i said to my mate "it will be terrible bad 4 his confidence if he misses, hes defo not gona score" and he didnt--he looks uptight and nervous--hes gonna b a flop-shevchenko style

not being a liverpool supporter i thought he showed glimpses of quality in that match and i cant see him being a flop. thought pennant played well too, along with sisoko and of course MOTM David James

new devil

Quote from: Gold on July 28, 2007, 01:33:30 AM

You cannot be serious! missing a peno in a micky mouse game goina make him a flop....the mans quality, wont be far away from topscorer in premiership.....hope iam wrong  ;)

supersarsfields

From 365

Liverpool are being linked with a move for Leighton Baines if they fail to land Gabriel Heinze.

The Wigan left-back is their back-up option, according to the Daily Mirror, who also claim that the Reds have finally worked out that they need cover for Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger at centre-half.

Baines has already turned down a move to Sunderland, while Everton have had a bid of £4m plus a player turned down.

The Mirror also claims that Benitez is still looking for a wide player and although he would 'love' to sign Arjen Robben, he looks set to join Real Madrid.

Well Baines would be a good enough buy for Left back but can he cover Centre half as well?? I can't recall him playing there but never seen to much of Wigan to be honest.
Wouldn't be that fussed on Robben. ( Sorry Norf) He's a good player and when he's on form he's lighting!! But just not the sort of player I'd like Liverpool to get. We get enough abuse for diving already!!

The Real Laoislad

REDS FACE TOULOUSE IN CL: ALL THE LATEST
Jimmy Rice 03 August 2007 
  Liverpool will face Toulouse in the Champions League third qualifying round following Friday morning's draw in Nyon, Switzerland. 
The French club - who'll become the Reds' 100th opponent in continental football - finished third in their domestic league last season to qualify for Europe's premier competition for the first time.

The achievement was unexpected as a week before the end of the season they were mathematically out of the race for a CL spot following a draw with Nantes.

However, the game was abandoned with three minutes to go because of a pitch invasion, and Toulouse were later awarded three points instead of one.

Five years ago they were in the third division.

Their star men include Swedish striker Johan Elmander, who scored 11 goals in 32 league games last season and was subject to interest from Lyon and Man City this summer.

LFC secretary Bryce Morrison said: "It will not be easy. This qualifying round of the competition seems to be getting harder each year. The French league is strong.

"They are a rugby town and it is a new ground for us. They will be really up for it.

"Rafael Benitez has brought in some new players and everyone in the club feels we are stronger and there is no reason why we can't go all the way again."

Dates for the tie have yet to be confirmed by Liverpool Football Club. Fans are advised not to make any travel arrangements at this stage.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

derryexile

Could have got an easier tie but still should progress handy enough!

Was trying to look into tickets for first few games of the season but first two fixtures sold out already

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: derryexile on August 03, 2007, 01:45:21 PM
Could have got an easier tie but still should progress handy enough!

Was trying to look into tickets for first few games of the season but first two fixtures sold out already

Anyone know the best way to obtain tickets for Liverpool matches.  Does anyone think the Fan-Card system on the offical Liverpool website is a good way of getting a ticket?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

derryexile

I think "personally" the fan card system works well, although you do need to be well aware in advance of the release dates.

There are a lot of package deals catering for Liverpool fans but with overinflated prices, they also claim to offer overnight accomodation in Liverpool, if you read the small print you may find yourself staying in Wigan!!!

Failing that, if you can get yourself affiliated with a supporters club, there always a great source for match tickets and always good for a bit of craic too!

The Real Laoislad

With less than a week now before kick off :o Im really getting excited

Wonder what sort of team we gonna put out for the first game of season
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool 1-1  Feyenoord

Wasn't a bad game,Gerrard scored a great goal but should have been sent off for punching one of their players,He had to be held back by Reina..
Also what the f**k with the black jerseys i think they are awful
You'll Never Walk Alone.

girt_giggler

corn02

The Black jersey is the nicest we have had in years.

Regarding the fancard, it was excellent and I awlays got sorted through it, however at the moment they have done away with online sales meaning I have no chance of getting tickets.

SuperSub

I think the black strip is awful..I like last years white one with the green stripe

lurganblue

villa v liverpool should be one of the better opening games of the season. both teams are going well what with all liverpools new signings and villa putting inter milan away 3 - 0 the other night.