The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: corn02 on February 02, 2009, 12:21:43 PM
Quote from: isourboydownyet on February 02, 2009, 12:06:55 PM
skysports news expect the transfer of keane to spurs to go through with spurs agreeing to drop interest in saviola to allow l'pool to tie up a deal

Always had a soft spot for Saviola.

I'll post about the match laster, why am I bigging this up? Because I am going to say Kuyt was poor.  :o
Saviola has never been one of those who I liked, not sure he has the substance behind the flair. I havent being closely following La Liga in the last couple of seasons but rarely getting a look in recently at a Madrid team that's hardly flying isn't a great sign. But if Benitez is really interested then obviously he thinks he can make an impact.

nifan

It's not the better teams we have a problem with. It's the bad ones that get everyone behind the ball. Just don't have the width and invention to break down a packed defence.

Rieras form has stuttered in conjunction with our poor form - maybe no coincidence.

The Real Laoislad

Keane having a medical with Spurs according to Sky
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Right the match.

I thought we were feckin brillian, we battered them from the off. Nine shots on taget, couple with a couple of near misses, is no bad return chance wise.

They were toothless and I like big Phil, but he will be gone soon. Club went down in my books the way they treated Grant. The sending off obviosuly had an impact, but we were in cntrol at that stage anyway. I thought it may have had a detrimental effect ike Arsenal, but we got there in the end.

The whole team, bar two, were excellent. Arbeloa continues to shine while Mascherano looks like the player of last year.

The two who were poor were Kuyt and Reira. They were abysmal in the first half, neither offered anything. Ok, both were average after the break, but they will need to start upping their performances..

On the flipside, Yoiss, once again, is proving that he has something to offer the team. He is another player I have defended and I think he is a player that will always get abuse. He has been good this season, even earlier in the year he has had some very good cameos. He does frustrate but a bit like Garcia. Also, where has El Zhar gone?

Torres looked very lively all day, but an inspired Alex was proving hard to crack. Kudos to Alex by the way, if Rio or Carra had of thrown their  bodies around like he did yesterday there would have been a lot more praise.

People were wondering why Rafa didn't go more attacking sooner, I actually think he got it spot on.With the frmation the same, we were comingg forward with wave after wave of attack. Ok you could argue the last sub changed it, but I think we were motoring all right.

Gerrard is rampant right now. He is like a man possessed, although, going on consistency, he shuld have walked. Glad to see him getting a yellow card for diving. Rooney, Ronaldo and Gerrard are all getting caught out now - good stuff.

The sending off was never a red card, but after that phantom penalty last season who cares?

Still miles off United, but that was a massive win for all concerned, a lot more than three points given the last month.

-----

Transfers..

Ok Robbie is gone by the looks of things.

Saviola would be a nice replacement, the man has sme record, although it has never worked out at Real even though he has scored when he does appear for them - bit like Owen a few years back.

He would probably be suited more to Liverpool's current stlye as he is always about syle and pace. Very inventive player. I used to love watching him for Barcelona. So that would get the thumbs up from me.

---- Diarra.

Not surprised that he was included, Europe and domestic very different.

The GAA

Quote from: under the bar on February 02, 2009, 12:05:50 PM
- Aside from Gerrard long range efforts, Liverpool find it difficult to score when Torres doesn't do it.  The better teams will work out how to contain him and thus contain Liverpool.

United have a very effetive strategy for this. they gently place him in rio's arse pocket at kick off and return him to rafa upon the ending of the game.

- Steven Gerrard will not get sent off in English football regardless as to what he does.

Unless he dives blatantly twice in some game

The Real Laoislad

Here's a thought...

Premier League comes down to last day of season...
Liverpool have to win to have any chance of being crowned Champions....
Who are they playing  ???    Spurs!!!!

Liverpool lead 1-0..Uniteds game is over and they have only drew..Liverpool are going to be Premier League Champions..........until Robbie Keane scores for Spurs from 30yards in injury time

It could happen  :o

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

Quote from: The GAA on February 02, 2009, 12:56:33 PM
- Aside from Gerrard long range efforts, Liverpool find it difficult to score when Torres doesn't do it.  The better teams will work out how to contain him and thus contain Liverpool.

United have a very effetive strategy for this. they gently place him in rio's arse pocket at kick off and return him to rafa upon the ending of the game.

- Steven Gerrard will not get sent off in English football regardless as to what he does.

Unless he dives blatantly twice in some game
Apart from set pieces, Rio has never marked Torres. Its Vidic who picks him up.

corn02

Has Torres not only played once against United? Are you basing it on one game? Bit stupid.

GalwayBayBoy

If by arse pocket you mean kick him up and down the length of the field. They didn't in the first game this season but mainly because he wasn't on the pitch. In the two games last year he really came in for some rough treatment. Especially the game at OT.

The GAA

no, vidic normally attacks everything / goes tight with the centre forward and rio sweeps but for the pool last year they reversed that, to excellent effect both times. rio is as agile and fast as torres so he is perfect for him.

corn02

Quote from: The GAA on February 02, 2009, 01:17:03 PM

no, vidic normally attacks everything / goes tight with the centre forward and rio sweeps but for the pool last year they reversed that, to excellent effect both times. rio is as agile and fast as torres so he is perfect for him.

Ok so two games, hardly fair to make an summption on two games?

Minus15

think the criticism of Riera is unfair! thought he had an excellent first half yesterday. was highly involved and has a great touch to get himself out of tight situations. Maybe he just needs to work on his delivery but its much better than Kuyt. Kuyt frustrated yesterday with his decisiions and rushed passing and crossing but as usual he put himself about and really managed to unsettle Chelsea at times through his interceptions. Benayoun was good when he came on but is too lightweight and his off days are more frequent than his good days. Babel for me could be moved on in the summer. He got the ball yesterday after coming on and didn't have a clue what to do. Just ran for the corner and was easily dispossesd. Have to agree that wide midfield areas require considerable improvemnt for next year but overall yeaterday I was pleased with how hard the team worked and controlled the game. Think we could go far in the champions league with that team! hard to beat with a couple of match winners in gerrard and torres with alonso pulling the strings!

Hound

Quote from: The GAA on February 02, 2009, 01:17:03 PM

No they did not.

I was at the game at Anfield last year and Rio kept well away from Torres.

gawa316

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed that they've granted Robbie Keane permission to talk to Tottenham Hotspur about a possible return to White Hart Lane - but insist no deal has been finalised between the two clubs. 
An LFC spokesperson told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We've allowed Robbie to talk to Spurs but we've not yet finalised a deal with them for the player." 
From official

under the bar

How much a week was he on at Spurs and how much when he joined Liverpool?