The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Fantastic performance by the boys in Blue tonight. Got to agree with Jose and state that this was the best away performance of his time at the Bridge. Caizares made 2 stunning saves to stop Chelsea winning by a greater margin that wouldn't have flattered us.

This side, no matter what people say about their style, is special. To be sitting mid April, with all the adversity that has happened this season, and still by shoting for an unprecadented quadruple is unreal. Some day, hopefully this side will get the credit that they have never received. Sure money can buy you good players, but it can't buy the spirit, hunger and determination onshow tonight.

Joe Cole showed us exactly what we have missed in the 45 minutes he was on tonight. John Obi Mikel....just gets better, and better....and better!

Perhaps we will fold now, and win nothing else, but their efforts have stiil being stunning!

Oh...and good to see both sets of fans shaking hands at the final whistle, and no trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivs0OQsBwCc
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

QuoteThis side, no matter what people say about their style, is special. To be sitting mid April, with all the adversity that has happened this season, and still by shoting for an unprecadented quadruple is unreal. Some day, hopefully this side will get the credit that they have never received. Sure money can buy you good players, but it can't buy the spirit, hunger and determination onshow tonight.

Norf - you are right and when Mourinho sauys this is the season he is proudest of I can see why. A phenomenal achievement to be still fighting on all fronts even with a big squad when you consider the injuries that they've had. Its going to be an interesting end to the season.

Over the Bar

QuoteSure money can buy you good players.....

Being able to out-price any other club in the transfer market is a significant advantage tho!

Norf Tyrone

Quoteeven with a big squad when you consider the injuries that they've had. Its going to be an interesting end to the season.

Thanks MS....but I believe our squad is small!

We have a 22 man squad, including 3 keepers. Outside of that there are some young lads that we have loaned out, but nothing else!
Consider of the 19 outfield players we've had long termers to JT, Cole, Robben and Boularouhz. Our two creative outlets, and two centre backs!

Cech
A Cole
Maka
Essien
Carvalho
Sheva
Lampard
Boularouhz
J Cole
Drogba
Mikel
Ballack
Geremi
Robben
Bridge
Diarra
Fererria
Kalou
Carlo
SWP
Terry
Hilario

magpie seanie

United's squad is of the same number from a quick glance at soccernet (including Chris Eagles who I don't think has played in CL, FA Cup or Prem). Liverpool and Arsenal probably have more players but United and Chelsea have big enough squads.

brokencrossbar1

Anymore than 24 in a squad is too much in my view.  What happens is that players go soft and pick up their money for doing feck all. 

As regards last night a great 2nd half performance by Chelsea.  They have an absolute clinker with Essien and he is the sort of player that would fit into any team.  I am glad he will miss the first leg of the semi!  If Liverpool do a professional job tonight and close the tie out early Rafa should obviously rest as many players as he can. The FA Cup break this weekend is at a good time for Liverpool and should help them prepare for the run in for the final few games of the season.

An early goal tonite would be great.  Crouch I believe is top scorer for the CL ahead of Kaka and Drogba.  You can get him at 8-1 to end up tournament top scorer.  On current form he could get a few tonight and solidify that top scorer spot.  Worth a wee flutter I think ;D

Norf Tyrone

QuoteCrouch I believe is top scorer for the CL ahead of Kaka and Drogba.

7 Kaká Milan
6 Ruud Van Nistelrooy Real Madrid
6 Fernando Morientes Valencia
6 Didier Drogba Chelsea
5 Peter Crouch Liverpool

5 Raúl González Real Madrid
4 Claudio Pizarro Bayern
4 Nicolae Dica Steaua

Bold means still in competition.

brokencrossbar1

I stand corrected!  A few tonight probably would do the trick, and is still worth a few bob at 8-1.

Norf Tyrone

What price Drogba and Kaka? 8-1 is not bad in what is really a 3-horse race...pardon the pun :-)

brokencrossbar1

I dunno about the other two, but shurely you woulf only put money on Didier ;)

GalwayBayBoy

So it's the Chavs in the semis. Not too bothered really. Was going to be a hard game no matter who it was. Can see two more low-scoring tight affairs like 2005. Scorelines like 0-0 or 1-0. So far under the current managers they've had the better of league games while we've had the better of cup games.

Think they are missing Essien for the first game and Drogba, J Cole and Robben are one yellow away from a suspension.

All to play for.

The Real Laoislad

Think he should pick strong enough team tonight maybe just leave out those on yellow cards.
Maybe im being over worried but i won't relax until we can score another few goals tonight to make it beyond doubt
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Can't get the thought of that 6 mins of injury time outta my head the last time we met chelski in the semi's. Has to be the longest 6 mins of my life, especially as that gudjonsen shot whizzed past the post. If we do get through tonight, I am dreading the semi. I hate matches like that, heart racing, butterflies in my stomach etc etc. As for a final against the scum, oh my god!!!!

Norf Tyrone

QuoteCan't get the thought of that 6 mins of injury time outta my head the last time we met chelski in the semi's. Has to be the longest 6 mins of my life, especially as that gudjonsen shot whizzed past the post. If we do get through tonight, I am dreading the semi. I hate matches like that, heart racing, butterflies in my stomach etc etc. As for a final against the scum, oh my god!!!!

Remember it painfully well. The Eidur shot made time stand still....and then agony. Hopefully that'll be the spur of revenge that we probably don't need anyhow.

QuoteIf we manage to get to the final, is anyone able to get tickets from a reliable source?
I had a man in the FAI but I cant locate him at the minute.

I have a few sources 5times, but not confident on any yet. I'll do you a deal if you get to the final, and I get a ticket you can have it...and vice versa?

J70

Tonight's line-up: Carragher, Gerrard, Mascherano, Finnan rested. Kuyt suspended.

Reina, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Pennant, Sissoko, Alonso, Zenden, Crouch, Bellamy

Anyone know who's got yellow card issues?