The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossie11

Pool will never get a better chance to beat the Catalans. I wouldnt use the word turmoil but they are not the team they were last year. The Eto'o situation is damaging but Messi is back and has looked sharp.
The "nutter with the putter" mess may have upset Pools plans as Bellamy would be the ideal player V Barca due to his pace and the the fact that Barca conceded 2 on Sunday to a counter attacking Valencia team.

The one huge worry Pool should have is the fact that the most similar team to Barca they have played all year is Arsenal and received a few tankings..

Gabriel_Hurl

Alvaro Arbeloa will make his first start for Liverpool against Barcelona in tonight's Champions League last sixteen first leg tie.
The recent signing from Deportivo La Coruna has been named in Rafa Benitez's starting eleven for big clash in the Nou Camp.

Team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Riise, Agger, Carragher, Finnan, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Kuyt, Bellamy. Subs - Dudek, Hyypia, Pennant, Crouch, Gonzalez, Mascherano, Zenden.

cicfada

Barcelona  1
Liverpool   0

Brilliant goal by Deco, Gerrard pulled out of a tackle and they were in like a flash!!Sorry to all my Liverpool supporting pals here!! :'(

cicfada

Half an hour gone and Liverpool will do well to go into the dressingroom only 1 down and then anything can happen in the second half.

cicfada

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gabriel_Hurl

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gabriel_Hurl

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cloc Mor

Well deserved - Riise with his right (foot that is)

Syd The Sailor

"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

cicfada

yeah good goal, you'd have to fancy Liverpool now in the home  leg as well.In fact you'd have to fancy all 4 english teams to advance now to be honest.If there was 1 english team that are fickle mentally it's Utd but they are a goal ahead and an away goal as well!

Syd The Sailor

Great result lads, dont think Barcelona will be as bad at Anfield though. I wouldnt swap Benitez for any manager in the world....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Gabriel_Hurl

GET the Fcuk in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pity it's not here until 3am