Gov/Lottery Sports

Started by bingobus, January 28, 2009, 05:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

The Gov today has said that no 2009 allocations for Sports capital grants will take place. Outstanding approved grants will be paid from 2008.

Was this money not taken from the National Lottery surplus? If so, where is it going?

This will have alot of affects for club developments across all sports and in particular the GAA. Even though its not a good time to develop or raise funds, alot of clubs would have been counting on a hand down for smaller projects. Plus this is further money take out of the ecomony that would have kept people in jobs.

I could see a cut coming in funding but if this is Lottery funds where is the money now going?

Azzurri

Bad news but at least all approved grants will be paid

illdecide

Quote from: bingobus on January 28, 2009, 05:08:26 PM
The Gov today has said that no 2009 allocations for Sports capital grants will take place. Outstanding approved grants will be paid from 2008.

Was this money not taken from the National Lottery surplus? If so, where is it going?

This will have alot of affects for club developments across all sports and in particular the GAA. Even though its not a good time to develop or raise funds, alot of clubs would have been counting on a hand down for smaller projects. Plus this is further money take out of the ecomony that would have kept people in jobs.

I could see a cut coming in funding but if this is Lottery funds where is the money now going?

Bingo i take it thats down south your talking about???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch