NI Chart

Started by The Gs Man, January 20, 2009, 10:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Ok, here's a new concept on the go.  A website has been set up for local bands (including ourselves you'll be glad to hear) offering free downloads of their music.  The downloads are then compiled into a weekly chart.

For once Im not gonna beg you to go over and download our track (but ye can if ye want  :P) but I just wanted to see if anyone has heard from some of the bands on the site.  If not you definitely should check them out. Some really class bands on there.  Sure ye could have a wee nosey at what the local music scene is like........

Heres a couple of suggestions to get ye started:

Cat Malojian
Panama Kings
The Good Fight
The Bonnevilles

and of course Captain Kennedy  8)

Just head to:

http://www.nichart.com/downloads.html
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Gs Man

Trust you ye ballix!   :D
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

Good idea Gs Man.

See someone (you?) downloaded your song 33 times.

Will make use of this next week.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

T O Hare

roll ramona-great tune!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

DrinkingHarp

Gs Man,

I have been on this board for a couple of years and this is the first time I have listened to any Captain Kennedy, Very Impressed with the sound, vocals and lyrics. Thought it would be a typical local band with bad riffs and corny lyrics but was wrong. Really liked "Caroline".
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

nifan

Was chatting about your lot to a couple of the ATL folks over the holidays Gs man. They where very positive

The Gs Man

Good stuff.  Aye, we were in session with them last year and they've been playing a couple of our tracks over the last two weeks.  The majority of their show is made up of local music.  Just shows that there are loads of local bands about.  I think a good few will be signed this year.  The likes of General Fiasco, Panama kings, Ed Zealous etc.

The band we're playing with this Saturday (The Lowly Knights) have been confirmed as support for 3 of Snow Patrol's UK gigs.  That can't be bad!
Keep 'er lit

nifan

QuoteI think a good few will be signed this year.  The likes of General Fiasco, Panama kings, Ed Zealous etc.

Be interesting to see.
Most of the stuff tipped in the last few years has failed, apart from Duke Special I suppose.
Red Organ Serpent Sound, Oppenheimer etc all where the "next big thing" but havent really done it.

Billys Boots

Are Oppenheimer not shortlisted for the Choice Award next week??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

armagh leg-end

Ard Mhacha Abu

nifan

Didnt notice that Billy, but they have made little dent in the general market up here, and in the UK.
I was told that this year was their year, but i ignored it because I was told that every year for the last few years. Maybe this time it is!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nifan on January 22, 2009, 12:50:03 PM
QuoteI think a good few will be signed this year.  The likes of General Fiasco, Panama kings, Ed Zealous etc.

Be interesting to see.
Most of the stuff tipped in the last few years has failed, apart from Duke Special I suppose.
Red Organ Serpent Sound, Oppenheimer etc all where the "next big thing" but havent really done it.
Are The Answer and Fighting With Wire not making any inroads into the "overseas" markets albeit in their own niches?