Question on cooking...

Started by pintsofguinness, January 18, 2009, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

I have a free house this weekend, so went to Tescos there to get something for the dinner, came back with ribs, now I have never cooked them before so what's all the board chef's suggestions??

I don't have a clue, I have the ribs and some stick sauce stuff for them, so what do I do now?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 13, 2009, 02:58:47 PM
I have a free house this weekend, so went to Tescos there to get something for the dinner, came back with ribs, now I have never cooked them before so what's all the board chef's suggestions??

I don't have a clue, I have the ribs and some stick sauce stuff for them, so what do I do now?

I'd put them in the oven at 190degrees and cook for about 40mins
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyrone girl

Have u a slow cooker thingy in the house?

muppet

You are on your own so you go to Tesco buy something you have no clue how to cook, go home and post on the GaaBoard looking for suggestions.

Are you Brian Cowen?
MWWSI 2017

full back

Stick them in the slow cooker for a few hours then heat them up again in the morning

Alternatively, stick them in the oven in tinfoil for hour and half & take the tinfoil off for the last 30 mins with the sauce over them

Tasty buggers ONL

tyrone girl

Don't boil them - what a mess.

Find a shallow dish Lay the ribs in the dish and season with salt & pepper or your favorite spice rub. Turn and season the other side as well. Cover tightly with a lid or foil and bake low and slow: 250F for 2 hours. Remove foil and check the ribs: they will probably be swimming in juices. Turn the ribs over, re-cover with foil and bake another hour. Remove foil, drain off and discard any cooking juices and return ribs to pan. Slather with your favorite barbecue sauce and bake another 30 minutes or until the sauce firms up.

Courtesy of google  :)

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 13, 2009, 03:06:20 PM

Find a shallow dish Lay the ribs in the dish and season with salt & pepper or your favorite spice rub. Turn and season the other side as well. Cover tightly with a lid or foil and bake low and slow: 250F for 2 hours. Remove foil and check the ribs: they will probably be swimming in juices. Turn the ribs over, re-cover with foil and bake another hour. Remove foil, drain off and discard any cooking juices and return ribs to pan. Slather with your favorite barbecue sauce and bake another 30 minutes or until the sauce firms up.

Don't have a slow cooker so just took this thing above...

Put some peri peri sauce on first and let them sit whilst the oven heated up... Now they're in covered up, gonna get back to them in an hour an stick the other sauce on...

I f**king love ribs just never made them myself before... Have high hopes for them...

I didn't have a clue about measurements either so asked for a pound (I always ask for this amount if I am lost) and I have about right or nine of them!! I was only thinking about cooking for one but now I might invite the woman round make it look as if I had it all planned for a romantic meal...

How do I get rid of her later though if I am looking fellas round for a carry out now theres the tough one!

tyrone girl

Make a mess of the kitchen and tell her u need her to help u clean it up, well that would get rid of me anyway  :-\

pintsofguinness

Go to the chippy or chinese!

here, I meant to ask this all week on here, why can't I get real chicken anywhere.  If I go to buy chicken it always says on the pack about 50% chicken and then there's water and glucose and mix of ingredients. 

why cant i get 100% chicken!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyrone girl

What do u mean ? Just like a chicken fillet? Id always buy them direct from butchers just if i was , though they should be grand im sure in them packs.

I presume thats what u mean?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 13, 2009, 03:41:37 PM
What do u mean ? Just like a chicken fillet? Id always buy them direct from butchers just if i was , though they should be grand im sure in them packs.

Yeah, look at the back of a pack with chicken in it and you'll see it's not all chicken. 

Hang on I'll get a pack of chicken out of the fridge................................
.......................back, now this is Sainsbury's southern fried chicken breast fillets, which is YUM - but looking at the back it says chicken breast 90% (which is an awful lot more than some "chicken" has!), water, wheat, flour, salt, skimmed milk powder!
like wtf?  why cant I get 100% chicken?

tyrone girl

Ohh i thought u meant plain chicken fillets, id presume its meaning the ingredients in the whole thing as in chickens 90% of it and the water salt etc is all for preserving the coating and part of the coating, but the chicken itself is ok, well that would be my take on it anyway, could be wrong.

Tyrones own

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 13, 2009, 03:06:20 PM

Ah sure don't mind the mess.... Boil them in a big pot for about 45 minutes, this softens the brine which can then be cut and
pulled off Then rub whatever spice you like over them and then into the oven at 250 for about an hour and a half and finish
them off on the BBQ brushing with sauce for about 10 minutes.
Might sound like a drawn out waste of time but jaysus it's worth it when the meat is falling off the bone.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 13, 2009, 03:45:58 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on June 13, 2009, 03:41:37 PM

Yeah, look at the back of a pack with chicken in it and you'll see it's not all chicken. 

Hang on I'll get a pack of chicken out of the fridge................................
.......................back, now this is Sainsbury's southern fried chicken breast fillets, which is YUM - but looking at the back it says chicken breast 90% (which is an awful lot more than some "chicken" has!), water, wheat, flour, salt, skimmed milk powder!
like wtf?  why cant I get 100% chicken?

Only answer for it, out an buy yourself a few young chicks, rear them in your back or wherever, then when you have them all fattened up, wring thri necks, pluck the f**kers and there ya are, 100% chicken that you can be in no doubt of!!

How dear are chicken fillets anway?! Jesus they are cat aren't they.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 13, 2009, 03:48:46 PM
Ohh i thought u meant plain chicken fillets, id presume its meaning the ingredients in the whole thing as in chickens 90% of it and the water salt etc is all for preserving the coating and part of the coating, but the chicken itself is ok, well that would be my take on it anyway, could be wrong.
Nah, same goes for plain fillets.  Look on the back of the packet.  There's only a percentage of chicken in there.