iphone applications

Started by imtommygunn, January 04, 2009, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

After a quick google apparently it can be done although I've never got it to work without upgrading account
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: David McKeown on June 13, 2009, 02:16:32 PM
After a quick google apparently it can be done although I've never got it to work without upgrading account

What can be done and upgrade account to what?

I can access my hotmail through the mail, I can send and receive messages.

thebigfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 13, 2009, 01:43:52 PM
Just go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calender > Add Account > Choose other then type in your email address, password and description for it.

It will load your whole inbox though so probably best doing it over the wifi rather than 3G.

I think the issue they were talking about before is maybe with using hotmail as your primary email account.

It doesn't by default it loads the 50 recent messages. You can change this though in the mail settings on the iphone to a max of 200.

ONeill

Quote from: Longshanks on June 13, 2009, 09:21:04 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 12, 2009, 09:03:13 PM
Probably on to my first iphone app game addiction - Paper Toss.

Addicted to hit too!! get nothing done at work with it, I can only get 6 in a row at the hardest level though  :-[

Bastard.

I'm on 20 for easy, 11 for med and 5 for hard.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on June 13, 2009, 04:18:09 PM
Just go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calender > Add Account > Choose other then type in your email address, password and description for it.

It will load your whole inbox though so probably best doing it over the wifi rather than 3G.

I think the issue they were talking about before is maybe with using hotmail as your primary email account.

It doesn't by default it loads the 50 recent messages. You can change this though in the mail settings on the iphone to a max of 200.
Does the iphone only pull email or can it be used for push email accounts like a Blackberry?

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 13, 2009, 11:56:10 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on June 13, 2009, 04:18:09 PM

Does the iphone only pull email or can it be used for push email accounts like a Blackberry?

Both, i think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Damn you. Downloaded this, this morning on your recommendation. Hooked on it.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on June 13, 2009, 11:44:48 PM
Quote from: Longshanks on June 13, 2009, 09:21:04 AM

Addicted to hit too!! get nothing done at work with it, I can only get 6 in a row at the hardest level though  :-[

b**tard.

I'm on 20 for easy, 11 for med and 5 for hard.

28 on easy, i have never seen such a case of "eye of the tiger"

Minder

Andytown News were down at the house when they heard of my 28, i had a big sad face pointing at the I Phone............

Archie Mitchell

Anybody any use at designing and developing app's for the iPhone?

thebigfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 22, 2009, 07:48:26 PM

What are you after?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: thebigfella on June 22, 2009, 08:32:18 PM

What are you after?

Just had an idea for a score keeping app for when going to GAA matches.

Something with a clock running in the corner, and then throughout the game you can press a button for goal, point, yellow/red card, substitution etc then select what number of the player for that team that was involved. Then possibly click on a timeline of events so you can see what happened at what time.

Would be useful for going to club matches, where sometimes there isnt a scoreboard. Aso would be useful for club PRO's as well as other people writing reports on the game.

Something similar to what they offer on http://www.gaastats.com/home.htm but not as complicated.

Would there be much work involved in this? Can you copy other similar apps and edit the code to suit your own?

ziggysego

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 23, 2009, 10:52:32 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on June 22, 2009, 08:32:18 PM

What are you after?

Just had an idea for a score keeping app for when going to GAA matches.

Something with a clock running in the corner, and then throughout the game you can press a button for goal, point, yellow/red card, substitution etc then select what number of the player for that team that was involved. Then possibly click on a timeline of events so you can see what happened at what time.

Would be useful for going to club matches, where sometimes there isnt a scoreboard. Aso would be useful for club PRO's as well as other people writing reports on the game.

Something similar to what they offer on http://www.gaastats.com/home.htm but not as complicated.

Would there be much work involved in this? Can you copy other similar apps and edit the code to suit your own?

Great minds think alike  :D
Testing Accessibility

Archie Mitchell

I wouldn't have a clue either. Obviously there will be some sort of database behind it and you could make it as detailed as possible by adding in other things that happen and more details on team. Maybe the option to send the data via email so you can keep a record of it.

Where you thinking the same Ziggy?

I haven't ventured too far in Hard level of Paper Toss.

Flight Control is very addictive. Have to pay for it though  >:(

thebigfella

To be honest it wouldn't be too difficult as the interface would be straight forward with the SDK tools supplied. Data storage can be done in a number of ways, SQLite is included in the SDK, XML or text files. My main issue would be getting the data from the Iphone for analysis but I assume there is documented ways to do this, email is a option but again the data would have to be in a format suitable to import into, for example, excel.

You also have to think about how you get the app onto your phones too, without jail breaking them you have to download it from the Itunes app store and thus it needs to be approved by Apple.