Dumb People

Started by DrinkingHarp, December 18, 2008, 02:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 18, 2008, 02:04:30 PM
'What's the capital of England? I'll give you a clue, you live there!'

E?

Dinny Breen

Perhaps only people who have never said anything dumb or done anything dumb (drink is not an excuse) should be allowed post on this thread - I can't as 4 weeks ago I put unleaded petrol in my diesel jeep  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Jaysis, he's a southside parent a wet week, and now he has a jeep. Go bhfóire Dia orainn go léir!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

QuoteJaysis, he's a southside parent a wet week, and now he has a jeep. Go bhfóire Dia orainn go léir!!

:D

It's actually a commercial so no good for the bambino, so shut it and get back to counting votes. Poor Glen doesn't realise what he's letting himself in for.
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 18, 2008, 03:33:47 PM
Perhaps only people who have never said anything dumb or done anything dumb (drink is not an excuse) should be allowed post on this thread - I can't as 4 weeks ago I put unleaded petrol in my diesel jeep  :-[

I know a fella that did the same thing. Realised his mistake nearly halfway through, filled the rest up with diesel, and went up to pay for "Twenty petrol and thirty diesel", got some look off the cashier...  :D

Speaking of dumb, have taken the habit recently of either leaving the back door unlocked, windows open or lights on when leaving the house in the morning...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SidelineKick

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 18, 2008, 04:12:27 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 18, 2008, 03:33:47 PM
Perhaps only people who have never said anything dumb or done anything dumb (drink is not an excuse) should be allowed post on this thread - I can't as 4 weeks ago I put unleaded petrol in my diesel jeep  :-[

I know a fella that did the same thing. Realised his mistake nearly halfway through, filled the rest up with diesel, and went up to pay for "Twenty petrol and thirty diesel", got some look off the cashier...  :D

Speaking of dumb, have taken the habit recently of either leaving the back door unlocked, windows open or lights on when leaving the house in the morning...

What's your address?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Tyrones own

I was once asked  "are there roads in Ireland".... Had to walk away :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ludermor

Quote from: Tankie on December 18, 2008, 11:27:06 AM
I believe that Ireland is one of the dumbest countries around, probably up there / above the US and the UK.

We might have a few more days to go but i think this may well be post of the year (in several categories)

muppet

Quote from: ludermor on December 18, 2008, 05:15:35 PM
I believe that Ireland is one of the dumbest countries around, probably up there / above the US and the UK.

We might have a few more days to go but i think this may well be post of the year (in several categories)

Was asked once in the States if we had electricity in Ireland.

Said yea but it is a lot slower than in the States.

"Really how does that work?"

Said well it means that when I go to bed I hit the switch, then climb into bed, read my book for a while and then the light goes out.

"Wow that is soooo cool."
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2008, 06:17:51 PM

Said well it means that when I go to bed I hit the switch, then climb into bed, read my book for a while and then the light goes out.

There is actually a switch that you can get called a Time lag switch that works exactly like that...
More fool you  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 18, 2008, 06:20:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2008, 06:17:51 PM

There is actually a switch that you can get called a Time lag switch that works exactly like that...
More fool you  ;)

That happened in 1987.
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

The good people in charge of Burger King appear to have taken leave of their senses. I just took a picture of a burger king gift card that reads:

Burger King
Cold. Hard. Plastic.

Brilliant. 

doire na raithe

I used to go out with a girl who once asked me what colour was red diesel.

My favourite stories about myths Americans believed are the following:

A guy told me he very seriously got a crowd of Americans to believe that in Ireland we have three lanes of traffic. The outside lane for the fast cars, the middle lane for slow cars, and the inside lane is an emergency lane left free for Guinness trucks in case a pub might run out...

The second story he got them to believe was that we have two types of driving licences. A normal everyday licence and also a special 'drink driving licence', whereby you have to be extremely drunk to take the test and then if you pass your allowed to drink drive...

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 18, 2008, 11:24:25 AM
lad i know has to take the biscuit, thick as champ...

"Boys, can you really get blood from a stone??"
"Here I've got the reflections of a cat!"
"Aye Co.Comerford.. aye I've been there, my da took me fishing there once" (We told him a new county had been created down south)
"Imagine you just looked at that tree and it gave ya cancer"
"Is there a Lurgan Man Utd!?"

This could be the same boy!! Hes from Lurgan

There was a guy worked with my cousin not sure what his name is but there were 3 other fellas with the same name as him on the site. The boss told him he was the last in so he had to change his name as it was too confusing having too many people with the same name..He then told him it was £1000 a letter to change his name so he would have to pick a short one....He went home that night to think about it and came in the next morning and chose Dave.......Still get's Dave to this day!!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2008, 06:26:52 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 18, 2008, 06:20:00 PM

More fool you  ;)

That happened in 1987.

Ali had one in the 70s
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.