Serious security flaw found in Internet Explorer

Started by Minder, December 16, 2008, 11:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on December 17, 2008, 09:29:18 PM
No advantages at all.

Firefox snobbery is an infectious disease abound in the world of IT.

Apart from the security issues I guess.

rolloutking

IE is dort. When it first came out Microsoft just went off and wrote their own set of protocols and rules and these are totally different from other web browsers. Trying to design a website that works flawlessly in IE and Firefox is a nightmare. IE throws up all sorts of problems with line height, relative positioning.

Firefox is the best browser by far. It accommodates tabs far better, manages RSS feeds better, has session saver and address vulnerabilities far quicker than Microsoft. The amount of add-ons availiable are fantastic especially the Web Developer Kit.

rosnarun

Quote from: thewobbler on December 17, 2008, 09:29:18 PM
No advantages at all.

Firefox snobbery is an infectious disease abound in the world of IT.

firefox that old thing .
unless your Browsing with Opera 9.63 on  home Built machine running a self written version of BSD operating system you shouldn't even be allowed on the internet .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Gnevin

Quote from: Minder on December 17, 2008, 09:25:49 PM
Why is Firefox "handier" though? What benefit has one got over the other?

Firefox was lot handier , Tabs and extensions but MS copied them in IE7 but FF is al ot more secure. The extensions are better  , in built dictionary is god send for me, the session remember is great and its performance is better.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

thebigfella

Quote from: Gnevin on December 18, 2008, 12:27:03 AM
Quote from: Minder on December 17, 2008, 09:25:49 PM
Why is Firefox "handier" though? What benefit has one got over the other?

and its performance is better.

Is it?  :-\  I seem to remember FF has had quite a few issues with memory leaks which they still have not appear to have been fully rectified. Although I use Safari on a Mac which does render pages quicker than FF. I think though it could be the opposite way round on the PC.

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on December 17, 2008, 09:30:52 PM
I knew this was a piss-take when I read 'Neill Armstrong' as opposed to Neil Armstrong. The BBC would never make such an elementary error.

The mistake is not BBC's, rather it is Councillor Armstrong's. And his mummy's and daddy's.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

saffron sam2

He maybe doesn't know. You could contact him via the email he used when registering on this site (2 l's) or the one he uses when posting on Slugger (2 l's).

Of course, it could be another cunning disguise.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

Been using Firefox for a few years now. Wouldn't go back. A bit like ridin hippos.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DrinknHarp

Downloaded Firefox and have problems trying to download Adobe, Flash Player and such...the plug ins seem not to plug in.
Any suggestions?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: DrinknHarp on December 19, 2008, 12:19:21 AM
Downloaded Firefox and have problems trying to download Adobe, Flash Player and such...the plug ins seem not to plug in.
Any suggestions?

Make sure you have firefox closed whilst you are trynig to install or it won't work