Converting AVI's to DVD?

Started by North Longford, November 27, 2008, 03:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Longford

Downloaded a couple of movies in this format recently but don't know how to get them onto a DVD to play on a bog standard DVD player.
Any know how to do this?

Donagh

Probably less hassle getting a DVD player that handles them. Can pick them up in Lidle for around £30 and then bang as many movies onto one DVD as you like.

gerry

i use convertx todvd you be able to get a cracked one on any torrents site or buy a dvd player that plays them
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

North Longford

Ah just assumed as I tried it in one of the DVD players and it didn't work that they would always have to be converted. Might try another DVD player in the house so.
Thanks for the help

gerry

you can buy cheap enough ones in argos. If you check the info on it,it will tell you if it can play avi or divix

stevo-08

Sorry for hijacking this thread but seeing as it's related to AVI files, maybe somebody can help me.

I have downloaded some episodes of a TV series in AVI format. Problem is that in some episodes the audio/video is out of sync. Does anybody know of a program/application that I can use to sort out this problem?

gerry

sorry can not help. Thankfully never happen to me

Donagh

Quote from: stevo-08 on November 27, 2008, 06:17:20 PM
Sorry for hijacking this thread but seeing as it's related to AVI files, maybe somebody can help me.

I have downloaded some episodes of a TV series in AVI format. Problem is that in some episodes the audio/video is out of sync. Does anybody know of a program/application that I can use to sort out this problem?

The problem probably lies with the way it's been encoded (in which case you can't do anything about it) or may be that you don't have the proper codecs installed. Either way if you just want a handy app to let you watch them you could use VLC media player (https://videolan.org/vlc/). It has a feature in it that allows you to manually sync up the audio with the pictures.

stevo-08

Cheers Donagh. i actually have VLC media player installed. Where in the application can you manually sync the audio & picture.

Donagh

ctrl+k for audio delay up or ctrl+l for audio delay down.

Alternatively go to Settings>Audio>click the 'advanced options' checkbox on the bottom right>Adjust 'Audio desynchronization compensation' so it matches up.

The values are in the unit of ms(milli seconds).
So 1000ms = 1 sec

Note: Positive numbers move the audio forward
Negative numbers move the audio back

stevo-08

fair play Donagh, that worked a treat. A handy tool to have.

cheers.

Bogball XV

lidl have an upscaling (load of bollox that term really) dvd player at the minute for €44 - it's a good deal and can play virtually anything you can throw at it, including div-x - very easy to deregionalise too ;)  Move quick though as they arrived in this morning and are normally gone out the door pretty sharpish.

under the bar

On this subject does anyone know where I can get a budget DVD recorder

It's just for transferring stuff from Sky+ occasionally. 

Sainsburys had one for £39 a while back but it went like hotcakes.