National League tickets?

Started by Maguire01, November 21, 2008, 01:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

There's no sign of the 'season tickets' that were on sale last year for the league, despite the fact that they were apparently a success...

Anyone heard anything? I thought they were out by this stage last year.

illdecide

Well i need tickets for the Dublin v Tyrone match so if any of you are aware when they'll be out let me know please...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Silky

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on November 23, 2008, 10:56:16 AM
El Presidente last night said something to the effect that the Season Tickets would be released this year with a guarantee of an All Ireland final ticket

No way!

45GoneShort

NFL fixtures haven't been officially passed yet - so i'd imagine there waiting them to be passed before dishing out season tickets.  The gaurantee of an AIF ticket would be great if true, but I think it could be unworkable.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Got these as a Christmas present for the aul fella last year and would probably buy another one for meself again.

Be interesting to see if they guaranteed an All Ireland ticket but I'd doubt it to be honest. I'd say it would only be possibly feasible for the people who buy the pre-ticket for 7 matches, not just the home fixtures.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Maguire01

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 24, 2008, 04:49:41 PM
Be interesting to see if they guaranteed an All Ireland ticket but I'd doubt it to be honest. I'd say it would only be possibly feasible for the people who buy the pre-ticket for 7 matches, not just the home fixtures.
And only for if the county you bought the league tickets for are actually involved in the AI Final. Otherwise it would just be a licence to tout.

heffo

Quote from: illdecide on November 21, 2008, 05:09:02 PM
Well i need tickets for the Dublin v Tyrone match so if any of you are aware when they'll be out let me know please...

Dublin county board won't physically have them until middle of January..

Goats Do Shave

Do these season tickets allow you access to any league game?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 25, 2008, 08:10:37 AM
Do these season tickets allow you access to any league game?

No just matches of the county for which you purchase the ticket.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

donelli

i see a new form of season ticket exists.
ticket costs €75 and gets you into 7 league games and the 1st round of the championship for your chosen county.

if you intend to go to all the games, it is really good value as it normally is €15 into the league games and €25 into the championship (stand wise)...so thats (7x15 +25=€130, a saving of €55!!).

Also if your team qualifies for the AI final, it supposidly earns you the right to get a ticket in the lower cusack (304-305 about the 45m line).
Cant say fairer than that.

http://www.seasonticket.gaa.ie/buyagaafootballseasonticket.html

Last year i bought the home set (4games for €45). dont see that option available just yet.
These things are great for christmas presents i think...at least someone in gaa marketing has their head clued on to it....

southderryman

Quote from: donelli on December 01, 2008, 03:06:27 PM
i see a new form of season ticket exists.
ticket costs €75 and gets you into 7 league games and the 1st round of the championship for your chosen county.

if you intend to go to all the games, it is really good value as it normally is €15 into the league games and €25 into the championship (stand wise)...so thats (7x15 +25=€130, a saving of €55!!).

Also if your team qualifies for the AI final, it supposidly earns you the right to get a ticket in the lower cusack (304-305 about the 45m line).
Cant say fairer than that.

http://www.seasonticket.gaa.ie/buyagaafootballseasonticket.html

Last year i bought the home set (4games for €45). dont see that option available just yet.
These things are great for christmas presents i think...at least someone in gaa marketing has their head clued on to it....

an absolutely wonderful idea.

for once i have to say: well done the GAA.

its great news for the people who follow their county everywhere but are the one's left out when the bandwagon jumpers start going, under this format they'll get tickets for every game, brilliant brilliant idea, well done.

Rossfan

Quote from: southderryman on December 01, 2008, 03:32:39 PM
[
an absolutely wonderful idea.

well done the GAA.

its great news for the people who follow their county everywhere but are the one's left out when the bandwagon jumpers start going, under this format they'll get tickets for every game, brilliant brilliant idea, well done.

Agree 100%. I got last years 7 game NFL ticket and it saved me about €35 over the 7 games.
This is an even better idea but I suppose I might have to wait till 2010 before getting to use it for the A I Final. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tyronefan

Tyrone Dreamer

Great value, they deserve praise on this one. Id say you would be ok with kids for league games were u16's get in free but would be a problem come championship - no word of kids tickets in the scheme. They probably should have considered a family season ticket at double the price with free children tickets.

balladmaker