Ryanair question

Started by youngfella, November 16, 2008, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Im going to book a return flight to belfast from liverpool. Its £20 inc taxes if i book and check in online.
I was going to do this but i need to bring a bag, but at the minute i cant afford the extra 20 odd quid so... What are the charges like if you book(without any bags) and check in online, then to check in a bag at the airport? Will they look to make a fortune of me both at both airports?
Pull hard and early

bcarrier

If you decide to check in a bag it will cost you about £15 each way as you also have to pay for airport check in.

Myles your plan will not work at Stansted where the feckers check bag size/weight if you use on line check in.

lynchbhoy

also found that the blackpool ryanair baggage scales were about 2kg off when we checked in to go home after a wedding in preston.

no fecking way was the case over 15kg.
Checked it in the hotel and it was under 13, also checked it once we got home (and had put back in th estuff we had to take out) and again it was consistent with being under 13kg.
f**king ryanair fiddled with the scales to try and con people out of more cash !
>:(

mylestheslasher

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 17, 2008, 02:46:39 PM
also found that the blackpool ryanair baggage scales were about 2kg off when we checked in to go home after a wedding in preston.

Checked it in the hotel and it was under 13, also checked it once we got home (and had put back in th estuff we had to take out) and again it was consistent with being under 13kg.
f**king ryanair fiddled with the scales to try and con people out of more cash !

Don't think you can blame Ryanair for the scales. They are normally owned and calibrated by the airport authority.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 17, 2008, 04:00:09 PM

Don't think you can blame Ryanair for the scales. They are normally owned and calibrated by the airport authority.
I'd not be a huge critic of ryanair - like most seem to be
but that drove me potty that day. Over for a 'cavan wedding' in preston no less !

Our Nail Loney

Should you be going to liverpool if you can't afford twenty quid!!!

pintsofguinness

I hope you were going for a month to justify a bag over 15kg!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

youngfella

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 17, 2008, 06:05:30 PM
Should you be going to liverpool if you can't afford twenty quid!!!
[/quote

im coming back to the green isle for christmas, so need to bring a few things
Pull hard and early

muppet

Staff are on comimssion for every penny they extract from customers. Be very alert when dealing with them

99% of passengers look at the scales readout when they weight the bag.

Always check that they dont have a foot on the belt when weighing your bag.
MWWSI 2017

Aerlik

Lynchbhoy where was the wedding in Preston?  Church or civil?  Must head back to that wee town for a few pints of Boddingtons in my ex-local on New Hall Lane
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Lone Shark

Quote from: muppet on November 17, 2008, 10:12:14 PM

Staff are on comimssion for every penny they extract from customers. Be very alert when dealing with them

99% of passengers look at the scales readout when they weight the bag.

Always check that they dont have a foot on the belt when weighing your bag.

Do like I do when bringing a bag that's close enough to the weight - which in my case invariably means that the good lady hasn't enough space in her bag so needs 80% of mine as well.

We have a coloured piece of ribbon, quite wide, tied to one of the handles in order to identify the bag (that was it's original function anyway). When you're putting it on the scales, keep hold of the ribbon behind the desk, and then when the attendant turns her head to look down at the scales, pull on the ribbon upwards just enough to take a kilo or two off the weight.

Never fails.

The Real Laoislad

Lads Im in the middle of booking flights here on the Ryanair website,I can't seem to find a option to let me pay by Laser Card,Does anyone know if it is possible to do so?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Oh and also whats the craic with this online check in  ???
How does it work when you get to the airport after checking in online,Is it really as simple as printing your boarding card off the internet and going straight through departures??? Surely there must be a queue somewhere that you have to wait two hours in
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 06, 2009, 07:25:34 PM
Oh and also whats the craic with this online check in  ???
How does it work when you get to the airport after checking in online,Is it really as simple as printing your boarding card off the internet and going straight through departures??? Surely there must be a queue somewhere that you have to wait two hours in

As long as you dont have any luggage.

You still have to queue at security and then join the scrum for free seating.

Just looked for the Laser option, it seems to have been removed, odd that especially considering a Laser transation would be free. ::)
MWWSI 2017