The official new GAA kits thread

Started by GalwayBayBoy, November 11, 2008, 11:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 12, 2008, 04:39:18 PM
the collars are different

Wow them Biffo's are crazy mother f**kers so....A new collar no less that took a lot of designing!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2008, 04:46:02 PM

Wow them Biffo's are crazy mother f**kers so....A new collar no less that took a lot of designing!

But you said
It does actually..the design doesn't but they do ad subtle changes to it
I reckon its Offaly...or could be Carlow

Offaly have

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 12, 2008, 05:07:31 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2008, 04:46:02 PM

But you said
It does actually..the design doesn't but they do ad subtle changes to it
I reckon its Offaly...or could be Carlow

Offaly have
Christ are you related to Offaly people or just in a grumpy humour? though you do like your fashion so maybe thats the reason you noticed the difference in the collar
Kilkenny have added a lot of changes to their jersey's over the past 5 years,new sleeves,new side panels on the jersey etc but as its still black and amber stripes its not a stand out change unless you know the jersey,a bit like the Celtic hoop jersey which doesn't change alot but still has new versions every year or so
I would say one collar design change on the Offaly jersey and even at that its only a colour stripe change and not a remodelled collar in 5 years is hardly a dramatic change to a jersey,but if it means that much to you Mr.Manbag I will retract my terrible accusation that Offaly don't change their jersey design because God knows it was a dreadful comment to make on this really serious thread  ::)

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

never mind - not worth arguing over

Doire abú

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 12, 2008, 04:30:29 PM
Offaly 2003(after being beat by Laois on our way to winning Leinster  ;) )

Offaly 2008

Mean hoors won't even spend money on a new design

Why would Offaly need to change their jersey... Sure every single Yank with a lack of Irish Identity or knowledge buys one thinking its an official Ireland jersey of some sort.... Offaly make more money in selling their jersey's to fat and overpaid yank then Man Utd do...

Brings back memories now of the thread we had years ago of where you spotted a Biff Jersey.... made me sick...I know a few biffs and the furest they have ever been is to A stag weekend in Donegal

Kerry Mike

Quotelimerick Home Jersey

Kerry are the most successful team in Gaelic football. They have won the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship on 35 occasions. The county holds a number of distinctive records in football championship history.

On the O'Neills site they have this up next to a photo of the Kerry Jersey. Gobshites

We will be due a change this year.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Lar na Pairce

For what its worth Carlow brought a new jersey this year - just cant find any photos

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AFS on November 12, 2008, 10:20:25 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 12, 2008, 01:59:34 PM
O'Neill's have had plenty of competition, but i'm not sure the competition was up to scratch. O'Neill's jerseys are by far the best. Gaelic Gear jersey's are awful in my opinion.

Also, i don't agree that the market should be open to non-Irish manufacturers - it is important that we support local people and local jobs. The likes of the big global manufactuers might do it cheaper, but they also might use sweatshops to do so.

Just wondering if Monaghan are set for a new jersey in 2009. We've had no change in 4 years now i think.

Sure are. As are Offaly, Down, Derry and Mayo by my reckoning. Check out the O'Neills website, it doesn't take a genius to work out that all the counties with reduced jerseys are set for a change.

I'm fairly sure Mayo and Down had new jersey's last year or the year before.#
Down I think but I might be wrong were Gaelic Gear but are now O'Neills
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maguire01

Quote from: AFS on November 12, 2008, 10:20:25 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 12, 2008, 01:59:34 PM
O'Neill's have had plenty of competition, but i'm not sure the competition was up to scratch. O'Neill's jerseys are by far the best. Gaelic Gear jersey's are awful in my opinion.

Also, i don't agree that the market should be open to non-Irish manufacturers - it is important that we support local people and local jobs. The likes of the big global manufactuers might do it cheaper, but they also might use sweatshops to do so.

Just wondering if Monaghan are set for a new jersey in 2009. We've had no change in 4 years now i think.

Sure are. As are Offaly, Down, Derry and Mayo by my reckoning. Check out the O'Neills website, it doesn't take a genius to work out that all the counties with reduced jerseys are set for a change.

Yeah, but Monaghan were meant to have a new one last year and the jersey was reduced then. Note sure why it never, ahem, materialised.

Lar na Pairce

Thanks Gabriel, think thats one of the nicest jersies around

thebandit

As far as I know Monaghan are due a change.