Tragic Accidents

Started by Bud Wiser, November 29, 2007, 09:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

In the area where I live we have had an awful lot of tragic accidents but none worse than the one we had here last week. I don't want to go into detail other than to say that a mother was in the bedroom with her two yr old and ran down to accept a parcel from the postman.  The TV was on a chest of drawers and one of the drawers was pulled out where she was tidying and the child stood on the opened drawer to reach up to the telly.  It fell on him and despite every effort the injuries were fatal.

I only mention this because in another thread I read where dads expressed how proud they were of their little kids and the real reason I mention it is because a similar accident could happen again so check the old telly for stability so that all the wee ones are safe over Christmas. I would prefer if the details I described do not become a talking point in an extended thread about what happened, why it happened etc, just don't let it happen to you.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

cville

Don't go there - I remember the one a few years ago when a three year old was at the caravan with his granny and granda and pulled a kettle over themselves .. fatal. How do you even comprehend these things?