Quote from: orangeman on February 04, 2009, 05:16:48 PMQuote from: Open yer eyes Man on February 04, 2009, 05:15:01 PMQuote from: orangeman on February 04, 2009, 05:11:37 PMQuote from: Open yer eyes Man on February 04, 2009, 05:10:06 PMQuote from: mattockranger on February 04, 2009, 04:55:53 PM
Courtney skelped donnelly by the looks of things
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/336379/5000/
Who in their right mind put that clown Hughes in charge of an important Sigerson match like this?
Respect !!!! He's one of the top refs in the country at the moment. And it does look they boxed in front of him - so what else was he supposed to do ?.
You must be joking. Sigerson football had always been played on edge and rarely ruled with cards like this. It may not be right but has helped make Sigerson what it is.
I couldn't agree more but the powers that be don't want this sort of football anymore - they want non contact, a pile of scores, good behaviour - a wee bit like basketball I suppose. So you can't really blame the referees.
Not sure if you were at the match Orangeman but Hughes cannot be absconded simply because of 'the powers that be' ........... I'm not even talking about the sendings off (though Courtney's looked highly dubious from my view,) but all a player had to do whilst in possession was run in to an opposing player/s (preferably a group) and they were given a free. Irritated me all game long and I'm sure many people would share a similar sentiment? Agree with you about how they seem to want football to evolve though.
.



I had thought of doing something similar earlier on in the Championship to outline how I felt Fermanagh were limiting their ability up front by their own doing. From a Fermanagh perspective I believe I can offer some additional thoughts on the positioning of some shots. Clearly there is the lack of a target man, which does not help as you have outlined. Many of the shots came from players running from deep into the space and striking from distance (Marty mainly) and others came from laboured approach play. The ball is 'recycled' back and forth and across the pitch until options are limited and eventually all options are exhausted and a player takes it upon himself to shoot out of a lack of a better idea (Kelly mainly in this instance, Eamon an extent.) Whilst I cannot be sure, I would assume that all missed shots came from either of these two scenario's. Conversely, our two scores came from two kick passes (from Kelly diagonally to Keenan and T McElroy to Maguire.) Possibly the only two pieces of incisive play we had in the half, where we kicked a ball (in the opposition half) over 30 yards. In these two instances we did not require a 'target man' but a fast release of the ball to the inside line.
?