Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Laois345

#1
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
September 18, 2026, 07:09:04 AM
Ballinakill v Ballyfin - Ballyfin
Abbeyleix v Rosenallis - Abbeyleix
Borris Kilcotton v The Harps- Borris

Would not be surprised at all to see Ballyfin win the relegation final. Looking at the last game for both teams, Ballyfin played well albeit a mgaunar a camross team that was coasting. Ballinakill were very poor against the Harps and have been all season. Think Ballyfin by a point or two.

Abbeyleix to get over Rosenalis. They looked very poor early on but against Rathdowney they seemed to come to life. I really like Rosenalis but i just think they'll be a bit short personell wise to get it done.

People labelling the harps as underdogs is funny. Time for them to step up now after being blown up all season. We will see.
#2
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
September 04, 2026, 09:02:13 PM
Before I go, Portlaoise got absolutely pummelled tonight. A proper embarrassment.

Yet they'll be in the quarter finals. I like the new system, but the only issue I have with it is that some teams get knocked out without having the chance to play those who finished ahead of them.

I suppose it's swings and roundabouts. Argument can be made another way too.
#3
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
September 04, 2026, 08:57:04 PM
Quote from: Genocide Organ on September 04, 2026, 05:07:52 PM
Quote from: Laois345 on September 04, 2026, 01:51:37 PM
Quote from: Genocide Organ on September 04, 2026, 07:30:59 AM
Quote from: Laois345 on September 04, 2026, 07:14:33 AM
Quote from: Genocide Organ on September 03, 2026, 10:52:07 AM
Quote from: CloughHurling on September 03, 2026, 10:41:54 AMAny players willing to step into county panel this year?
I always thought dan delaney is class act just needs to keep fit and injury free
Joe corby is another looking good
ben o meara of ballinakill?
thoughts?

Ben O'Meara didn't make the county u20 panel this year. Perhaps he didn't want to? He's a decent hurler, but is he really senior inter-county standard?

This isn't correct. He was on the panel and walked away from it, as did several others due to the management setup. Several others did also not go in to the county at all over it.

That's true, a few lads never went in or dropped off - which is why I say maybe he didn't want to be there. Still, I doubt he would have made the starting team.

He was part of the panel, and then he walked away from it. So he did make the panel. He is a player who had a serious injury when younger and probably hampered his development, hence he is coming to the fore now. He would have been on that team in my opinion.

Well, I realise I'm being pedantic, but Ben O'Meara did not make the Laois u20 panel. The panel was announced, probably in March some time, and his name was not there. I know there were lads walked away from the training before the panel was finalised, and other lads were let go, and he may well have made the cut, but to say he was on the panel is patently not true.

Right fair enough. That's grand. Enough internet for me for the day. Lord god.
#4
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
September 04, 2026, 01:55:11 PM
Quote from: Laoisred on September 03, 2026, 07:31:48 PMCan't see Portlaoise or Ballyfin troubling either CB and Camross in the SHC. The last 3 games are more interesting in my opinion. Harps and Ballinakill could be tighter than some people think. Ballinakill will be praying for more rain, heard they had a good battle with St. Mullins last week. You'd never know though Harps are the form team. R/E should have enough for Abbeyleix and I think Borris will be too good for Rosenallis. Scully out puts a little more pressure on Dunphy and Quinlan for scores but they should have too much firepower for Rosenallis who rarely score heavily. They are minus Cosgrave too for 'that' pull so that makes it harder for them. 

Why would Ballinakill be praying for more rain? From what I have seen over the past two years they play their best hurling on dry hard ground. Movement & space around the HF line is key for them. I think the rain will have a negative affect on them. The association that they some type of sluggers doesn't hold well for me.

I think the Harps will win by 6 or 7 points regardless of the weather. The Harps will be much better prepared mainly due to their management team having a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Abbeyleix will be in relegation along with Ballyfin. Ballinakill will be finished.
#5
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
September 04, 2026, 01:51:37 PM
Quote from: Genocide Organ on September 04, 2026, 07:30:59 AM
Quote from: Laois345 on September 04, 2026, 07:14:33 AM
Quote from: Genocide Organ on September 03, 2026, 10:52:07 AM
Quote from: CloughHurling on September 03, 2026, 10:41:54 AMAny players willing to step into county panel this year?
I always thought dan delaney is class act just needs to keep fit and injury free
Joe corby is another looking good
ben o meara of ballinakill?
thoughts?

Ben O'Meara didn't make the county u20 panel this year. Perhaps he didn't want to? He's a decent hurler, but is he really senior inter-county standard?

This isn't correct. He was on the panel and walked away from it, as did several others due to the management setup. Several others did also not go in to the county at all over it.

That's true, a few lads never went in or dropped off - which is why I say maybe he didn't want to be there. Still, I doubt he would have made the starting team.

He was part of the panel, and then he walked away from it. So he did make the panel. He is a player who had a serious injury when younger and probably hampered his development, hence he is coming to the fore now. He would have been on that team in my opinion.
#6
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
September 04, 2026, 07:14:33 AM
Quote from: Genocide Organ on September 03, 2026, 10:52:07 AM
Quote from: CloughHurling on September 03, 2026, 10:41:54 AMAny players willing to step into county panel this year?
I always thought dan delaney is class act just needs to keep fit and injury free
Joe corby is another looking good
ben o meara of ballinakill?
thoughts?

Ben O'Meara didn't make the county u20 panel this year. Perhaps he didn't want to? He's a decent hurler, but is he really senior inter-county standard?

This isn't correct. He was on the panel and walked away from it, as did several others due to the management setup. Several others did also not go in to the county at all over it.
#7
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
August 12, 2026, 10:25:36 PM
The Harps v Rosenallis - Rosenalis
Ballyfin v Ballinakill Ballinakill
Borris Kilcotton v Camross - Camross
Rathdowney Errill v Portlaoise - R/E
Abbeyleix v Clough Ballacolla - CB
#8
Laois / Re: Premier IHC 2026
July 31, 2026, 10:23:34 PM
Quote from: Genocide Organ on July 31, 2026, 02:52:15 PMAbbeyleix v The Harps was even enough. Harps snuck it in the end, but they had the slight breeze in the second half. Nothing between them, really.

Conor Headen a massive player for Pickas. A lad like that - on county u20 panel - should be having a big impact at that level, and he seems to be. Don't think they'll have enough to get to the final, though. Often wondered if he'll stay put, or will the much-mooted amalgamation w/ Ballinakill now come back on the agenda?
Some collapse from Trumera, though - conceding 1-14 without reply in the last quarter. They're in big bother.

Mountrath result was a big surprise to me. And Slieve Bloom, I'd say. Mountrath have a few back, I believe, and seem stronger than last year. In reality, for a town like them in the hurling area, they should be competing at a higher level.



There will be no amalgamation between Pickas and Ballinakill by all accounts so he's stuck there. Concerning for his development as a player.

Trumera look in real, real trouble. A seriously heavy defeat. They are always fighting for numbers I know but it's a worrying scoreline.

Massive win for Clonad. 2/2 now. Huge for them.
#9
Laois / Re: Use of O’Moore Park
July 31, 2026, 02:48:52 PM
Quote from: SCFC on July 27, 2026, 03:05:37 PMWhen are those "drainage lines" going to be sorted out in OMP? They are like that for over a year now and they look dreadful.

Looks like never to be honest. Grass doesn't seem to be taking to them too well for some reason.
#10
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
July 29, 2026, 10:21:45 PM
Ballacolla by 1, although I think this could either way.

Borris by 5+, they nearly always get the better of Ballinakill somehow and Ballinakill look a bit disjointed on the pitch this year.

Rathdowney by 6+. Rosenalis are a decent team but not sure they have it in them to beat Rathdowney.

The Harps will win I feel but only just. They are superior to Portlaoise but I feel the game could be a tight one.

Abbeyleix will beat Ballyfin by 3+. Abbeyleix much better than they've been playing, will surely churn out a performance against Ballyfin.
#11
Laois / Re: Use of O’Moore Park
July 19, 2026, 09:09:38 AM
I do wonder was it initially due to an element of distrust over the collection of money at the gate?

I've no idea how these things work. Some better places might offer insight.

It's great for senior teams to play in the county ground but I feel it certainly takes from the atmosphere.
#12
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
July 17, 2026, 10:33:44 AM
Ballacolla by 5
Borris by 5
The Harps by 1
Camross by 2

#13
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
July 13, 2026, 07:57:30 AM
Quote from: Laois345 on July 09, 2026, 11:16:29 AMRound 1 Predictions

The Harps V Camross - Camross win by 5+
Clough/Ballacolla V Rosenallis - C/B win by 3+
Portlaoise V Ballyfin - PL win by 2
Rath/Errill v Ballinakill - R/E win by 8+
Abbeyleix V Borris - Borris win by 6+

Done ok here.

Harps beaten, unsurprisingly. They'll be fine but I think people need to adjust their  baseless expectations for them.

Ballinakill should have beaten Rathdowney if they had anything about them, they were there to be bet. But Ballinakill just seemed a bit all over the place on the field.

A decent win for Portlaoise, one they absthad to win. Nice to get it done early for them. That's them safe now really, you'd imagine. With Ballyfin all tough games left.

Abbeyliex looked miles off it. Thought it would be a bit closer. Borris looking sharp for this time of year they are normally a slow burner. Possibly the addition of an S&C coach might be helping?

Clough + Ballacolla deservedly won, they took over mid second half and Rosenalis struggled to score but a tight game.
#14
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
July 09, 2026, 11:16:29 AM
Round 1 Predictions

The Harps V Camross - Camross win by 5+
Clough/Ballacolla V Rosenallis - C/B win by 3+
Portlaoise V Ballyfin - PL win by 2
Rath/Errill v Ballinakill - R/E win by 8+
Abbeyleix V Borris - Borris win by 6+
#15
Laois / Re: SHC 2026
July 08, 2026, 09:17:56 PM
Quote from: Border Rail 26 on July 08, 2026, 07:41:23 PMThe Harps hammered ballacolla less than a month ago. How is that not laying a glove? And dont give me some nonsense about it being the league, ballacolla were close to full strength like Harps were.
They won 4 Under 20s in a row and will be big favourites to win number 5 this year.

I know people dont want to hear it and I know there is a lot to prove in championship but their the best bet in the championship at 10 to 1.

Didn't Abbeyliex win the league last year? Or get to the final? The league means next to nothing.

Until there is some actual progress made at senior they have absolutely everything to prove. Regardless of U20, minor, etc. Other clubs have done better than the harps for plenty of years and not half as much talked about them.

Bar John Brophy, I'd say there's not many, if any, players in that team who have ever played in a county semi final? I'd have to check but it would be very, very few.