Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Norm-Peterson

#1
General discussion / Re: It Must be Marching Season
September 28, 2026, 06:22:59 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on September 27, 2026, 08:29:15 PM
Quote from: DaleCooper on September 27, 2026, 06:31:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 27, 2026, 06:22:46 PMI do think one of the things these feckers are doing is trying to discredit the "first minister" and say she is not a first minister for all. They actually think she is in an untenable position which I don't think she is. This after refusing to call her a first minister for all but you can bet today and tomorrow she will be called first minister.

Stormont will hardly last tomorrow.

Yip the rhetoric I have seen repeated is "if they cant allow us a simple march then how could we feel welcome in a UI"

The victimhood politics is fairly galling to listen to.

Bigoted orange bastards are not welcome in a United Ireland. So F**k off back to Scotland.

The question is how would Ulster Scot/orange culture fit into a unified Ireland. Ulster Protestant culture is closely tied with British nationalism.
Ulster Protestant culture is generally things like the Northern Ireland football team, motorbike racing and maybe rugby although that is quite mixed nowadays.

Many young Protestants don't even practice Christianity now so they won't be divided in that regard in a unified Ireland.

I don't think that Ulster Protestant history needs to be viewed as something evil. Everyone today is mixed to an extent anyway. I have a few Protestant surnames in my family tree over the past 5 generations so the planters were our ancestors too.

#2
General discussion / Re: It Must be Marching Season
September 28, 2026, 02:01:54 PM
The moderator should give Gallsman and Trileacman a ban for a week or month because of the insults they have been giving eachother. Like watching 2 teenagers argue.
I have been given warnings and bans for less.
#3
General discussion / Re: It Must be Marching Season
September 25, 2026, 09:11:52 PM
Unionists are playing a dangerous game. They are relying on moderate Catholics to vote for the union if there ever is a referendum. Things like this do them no favours.

I heard Jim Allister saying this week that Sinn Fein wouldn't want orange parades at all in a unified Ireland. It is only fair that orange parades would be restricted in a unified Ireland. Republican parade's are restricted now with UK rule so it is only fair that orange parades be restricted in a unified Ireland. He must not realise that orange parades have been allowed across the border since partition.
#4
GAA Discussion / Re: Altogether now 2027
September 09, 2026, 07:13:34 PM
McAleese needs to remember that plenty of Irish men voted for her in the presidential elections. Remember that before you bring up the misogyny argument.
I really hate that word, such an American term, when I hear it I imagine it being said in a high pitched Californian accent.
#5
General discussion / Re: Katie Taylor in Croker?
September 05, 2026, 08:23:12 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2026, 06:10:40 PMHow many at this event tonight ever attended a woman's boxing event before tonight?

People complain about band wagoners in every Croke Park event it seems, maybe you would prefer if it is was half empty.
I won't be watching anyway, I'm not a virtue signaler who wants to prove what a big feminist I am.

#6
General discussion / Re: Katie Taylor in Croker?
September 05, 2026, 08:20:58 PM
I don't care about geo blocking as it usually is just the Irish soccer team and I don't watch them anyway. I actually hope they are beat every game. I don't like their fan base you see.

I remember once a Tyrone game was geo blocked on Sky suring extra time because an Irish soccer match was scheduled to start.
#7
Horrible accents in that area North Armagh. It is interesting how Protestants in places like Armagh and Tyrone don't have the "Ulster Scots" accent that most of county Antrim has. I assume the accents of Armagh may have been more influenced by Ulster Irish dialect rather than Scots language.

The Scottish accent of county Antrim actually neatly fits into what the Dal Riada kingdom was so maybe there is a Scots Gaelic connection with that accent.


#8
General discussion / Re: Fleadh 2026 Belfast
August 10, 2026, 10:26:39 AM
I don't know why they allowed an orange pipe band to play at it. Why do they have to be involved in it? That is the organisation who don't even allow Catholic unionists to join. Is it just a case of virtue signalling by Catholics? Trying to look better than them.

I also heard there was highland dancing too. This is something that confuses me. It is considered a part of unionist culture yet they always say that their ancestors were lowland Scots rather than the Highland Gaels. They seem to pick and chose what part of Gaelic culture that suits them.
It shows you how twisted they are. If they are interested in dancing they could have just joined the local Irish dancing club but they view that as too Irish.

Although there was a well known Irish dancing teacher in my area who was raised Protestant.
#9
GAA Discussion / Re: Allianz
August 02, 2026, 03:30:25 PM
It is no surprise that the Allianz protesters were from Tyrone. Tyrone and Armagh are full of social justice warriors.
I bet they have no problem drinking Guinness even though the Guinness family funded the UVF in the 1910's.
#10
What the Mayo captain was saying about how "everything is possible". This isn't true, that is just social media influencer nonsense.

Not every inter county player can win the Sam Maguire. A player has a senior career of about 15 years at most. So if you consider the amount of teams in the Sam Maguire competition you would need to have a different winner every year.
The reality is that the next 10 winners will be a mix of Kerry, Armagh, Tyrone, Galway, Donegal, Dublin and maybe Derry.
#11
GAA Discussion / Re: Sporting rivalries
July 26, 2026, 07:29:55 PM
Glen and Slaughtneil in Derry is an interesting one. They share a parish. Same with Newbridge and Ballymaguigan although they don't play in the same tier nowadays. Ballymaguigan used to be a part of Newbridge club. The Derry captain from the 1958 All Ireland final played for both clubs in his time.

The county rivalry I grew up with was Derry and Tyrone although I think I dislike Donegal just as much.
Tyrone fans always made jibes about the Londonderry name yet they have plenty of plantation towns in their county. Cookstown, Stewartstown, Newtownstewart.
Although you can't really expect loud mouths like that to have any self awareness. Same with Armagh.
#12
It doesn't feel like Mayo won it because of the white jerseys.

I've never been to Mayo but my great grandmother was from west Mayo, on the Atlantic coast south of Geesala. She met her husband when in USA and moved to south Derry.

#13
General discussion / Re: It Must be Marching Season
July 10, 2026, 06:54:06 AM
I think Nationalist outrage over things like this is just virtue signalling. There's no logical reason for me to care about a mosque structure on a bonfire. As Catholics aren't we meant to reject other Gods anyway?

Why is tolerance only a one way thing? There is very low tolerance for Christianity in many Muslim countries.

It doesn't ever bother me when they burn Irish stuff on bonfires so there is even less reason to care when it is something foreign.
#14
The terraces at Casement Park weren't that old, they were built around 1998, before that there were grass mounds.
They were only 6 years older than Hill 16 and 4 years younger than the Clones hill terrace.

They demolished them because they thought they were building a seated stadium and now they are probably just going to have terrace again.
#15
Derry have a good chance of reaching the quarter finals if they can avoid Tyrone/Mayo in the next game. That would be a successful season by Derry's standards now.