I agree there is an opening or two at the top end of Laois hurling. But that has always been there for a decent group of players/club who get their act together. The reality is that 3 Clubs have dominated the Laois Championship for the past 20 years CB 8, RE 6, Camross 5, BK 1. Its hard to make the break through and even harder to stay at the top table. Often the top-level clubs win counties with average enough looking teams because they are hard to beat in semi-finals and finals. These top teams re-set too with a new management team and fresh approach and the culture of winning and competing is passed on. I agree that it looks like there is a changing of the guard happening at the moment but it really hard to break in and stay there. The evidence is there in every hurling county around us, and in Laois.
I hope the Harps break through and they should stay at the top table given their numbers and quality. I'm not sure about Castletown yet. The tests of the Harps will be if they lose 3/4 of the current team to travelling and of course who keeps the plan on track when Hogan and Carroll move on which will happen sooner or later. (Hogan moved on after BK). They have to win one first though and I think they will, but surely Camross won't be as bad as they were in last year's final. Really looking forward to the final.
I hope the Harps break through and they should stay at the top table given their numbers and quality. I'm not sure about Castletown yet. The tests of the Harps will be if they lose 3/4 of the current team to travelling and of course who keeps the plan on track when Hogan and Carroll move on which will happen sooner or later. (Hogan moved on after BK). They have to win one first though and I think they will, but surely Camross won't be as bad as they were in last year's final. Really looking forward to the final.