I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look.
Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness. ::) >:(
Nothing to see here, move along ;)
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:09:07 AM
I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look.
Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness. ::) >:(
And how did you notice all those details? :D
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=3077.0
I just had to take a look and see what this thread was all about
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2011, 10:15:34 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:09:07 AM
I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look.
Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness. ::) >:(
And how did you notice all those details? :D
:D :D :D
Quote from: Banana Man on March 23, 2011, 10:17:51 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2011, 10:15:34 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:09:07 AM
I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look.
Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness. ::) >:(
And how did you notice all those details? :D
:D :D :D
A f**king glace would tell you what I saw. People didnt have to pull up their cars for a gwak holding up hundreds of cars.
It's just a law of traffic engineering. Nothing you can do about it - it's predictable and unchanging human behaviour. They're not stopping, just slowing very slightly, which is enough of a perturbation in the traffic flow to start a wave that brings the flow to a stop some way back.
This fella (http://trafficwaves.org/) has some interesting stuff.
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:30:55 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on March 23, 2011, 10:17:51 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2011, 10:15:34 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:09:07 AM
I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look.
Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness. ::) >:(
And how did you notice all those details? :D
:D :D :D
A f**king glace would tell you what I saw. People didnt have to pull up their cars for a gwak holding up hundreds of cars.
I was behind you - you took forever - I thought you were gonna get out of your car at one stage!
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 23, 2011, 11:47:24 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:30:55 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on March 23, 2011, 10:17:51 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 23, 2011, 10:15:34 AM
Quote from: AbbeySider on March 23, 2011, 10:09:07 AM
I was nearly 20 minutes late to work this morning as every few minutes traffic was at a standstill. I couldnt understand what was happening and I presumed that there was a serious accident or there was roadworks in place. However on my way into the city there was a small truck overturned in a field and idiot drivers were stopping having a good gawking at it, even though the driver door was opened and everyone was safely out. In fact there was not even a bystander there but yet drivers had to get a good look.
Its the most frustrating thing when people hold up traffic like that out of pure nosiness. ::) >:(
And how did you notice all those details? :D
:D :D :D
A f**king glace would tell you what I saw. People didnt have to pull up their cars for a gwak holding up hundreds of cars.
I was behind you - you took forever - I thought you were gonna get out of your car at one stage!
Thats pure bolix if I ever heard it!
I tore off like the hammers of hell and passed out 6 cars before getting to work.
Nosey rubbernecking flutes >:(
If you were 20 mins late for work should you not be trying to catch up instead of fluting about on here
Was it gone on the way home? I forgot to look. There was no big hold up so I presume it was.