Irish Traditional Bands

Started by behind the wire, March 22, 2011, 01:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

Anyone know of any good Irish Traditional Bands that have their music on itunes?

All the household names are there (the furies etc) but theres alot more bands about that don't seem to be mentioned. any ideas?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

thejuice

Hi lads,

do you know of any Irish trad groups that play around the south of Spain. I imagine there might be a few with all the Irish pubs about. Need one for me wedding.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

theticklemister

Hint:If you find any music you like on youtube, make an account and then a playlist and then google and download youtube to Mp3 conververter and they will automatically go onto your itunes. Saves a bit of money and there are so many different bands that might 'tickle (mister)' your fancy so you have a whole lot of music at your fingerprints.

Bands

Fureys

Planxty are very good, but try and get Andy Irvine playing himself. Much better.

Bothy Band

Chieftians

Altan

Lunasa

I am more of a folk/republican music man myself, so only a wee bit of limited trad music pleases me.

So i like any irvine as I said above, christy moore, dick gaughan, declan hunt, irish brigade, johnny mcevoy, pogues, pol mcadaim, ciarin murphy, wakes.......................... i could go on but have to go!!! enjoy!

theticklemister

and of course the barley corn, wolfhound and men of no property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit