Three Hours of Sunlight Per Day Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2013

Started by drici, February 17, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

RTE are saying that the Rangers Kilcoo replay is on Saturday, whereas BBC say it is on Sunday.  Does anyone know for definite.

armaghniac

QuoteAre the semi-finals played at the home county venue or a neutral county venue??

Neutral venue. Omagh would seem reasonable for Glenswilly v Roslea (although much closer to the latter).
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Quote from: Feckitt on November 04, 2013, 11:08:37 AM
RTE are saying that the Rangers Kilcoo replay is on Saturday, whereas BBC say it is on Sunday.  Does anyone know for definite.

Sunday 2.30 Athletic Grounds.

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2013, 11:19:45 AM
QuoteAre the semi-finals played at the home county venue or a neutral county venue??

Neutral venue. Omagh would seem reasonable for Glenswilly v Roslea (although much closer to the latter).

It would be reasonable for Glenswilly too. They're just outside Letterkenny.

Feckitt

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2013, 05:23:05 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2013, 11:19:45 AM

It would be reasonable for Glenswilly too. They're just outside Letterkenny.

Omagh is more or less half way between Glenswilly and Roslea

armaghniac

QuoteOmagh is more or less half way between Glenswilly and Roslea

Fair enough, I wasn't sure where Glenswilly was in relation to Letterkenny.

our_fella

Anyone from the Down County Board, or Ulster, able to say why there was no Armagh flag in Newry yesterday? They had a Down, Tyrone, Ireland, Ulster gaa and GAA 125 flag....

BennyCake

Quote from: our_fella on November 04, 2013, 07:39:08 PM
Anyone from the Down County Board, or Ulster, able to say why there was no Armagh flag in Newry yesterday? They had a Down, Tyrone, Ireland, Ulster gaa and GAA 125 flag....

Maybe the Armagh flag only flies on designated days?  ;D

And why the counties on the scoreboard, and not the club names?

armaghniac

Quotemaybe the Armagh flag only flies on designated days?  ;D

They should fly an Armagh flag permanently at the Armagh end of the ground, it is Armagh territory
Id this is in dispute look at the 19th century map http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,708899,824821,6,7
much of Pairc Esler is in Drumalane townland, which is clearly in Armagh.

QuoteAnd why the counties on the scoreboard, and not the club names?

Sure Cross is Armagh as far as club football is concerned at this stage.....

Redhand Santa

I see Kernan is calling for the replay to be moved from Athletic Grounds to Crossmaglen. I can see his point, though from a neutral point of view hope its goes ahead in Armagh. Its a much better ground for winter football and will enusre at least 70% of the crowd are covered. Its also easier to access for most neutrals. Cross played all their championship games in Armagh so they should be well used to it. Not sure what the rules are around home advantage currently. What does Cross hold? I'd say there was close to 10,000 there on Sunday.

BennyCake

Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 04, 2013, 09:40:51 PM
I see Kernan is calling for the replay to be moved from Athletic Grounds to Crossmaglen. I can see his point, though from a neutral point of view hope its goes ahead in Armagh. Its a much better ground for winter football and will enusre at least 70% of the crowd are covered. Its also easier to access for most neutrals. Cross played all their championship games in Armagh so they should be well used to it. Not sure what the rules are around home advantage currently. What does Cross hold? I'd say there was close to 10,000 there on Sunday.

7,800 were there on Sunday.

armaghniac

Quote7,800 were there on Sunday.

RTÉ this moring said close to 10,000. Were u16s in free?
What is the capacity of the Marshes? The stand was 90% full, the terrace near the gate 75% full, 50% full further down.

BennyCake

7826 to be exact. U-16s were free. Don't know if that figure includes them.

holylandsniper

Will big Joe take a leave from Pellegrinis book and drop under performing goal keeper?

What was happening in the middle of the stand end first half?