Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over The Last

Some fascinating duals in prospect; i would hazard a guess at the following but could be wrong.....

Gormley to track Alan Brogan
Joe McMahon on Bernard
Justin on D.Connolly who can roam out the field at times

Cant see O'Gara starting.

Bastick will be out to counter Sean Cavanagh i imagine.

Tyrone defenders will be pretty well protected and not isolated inside.

Tyrone bench looks very strong regardless of who starts or does not.
Tyrone by two in a thriller

Jinxy

Alan Brogan would run the legs off Gormley.
He'd be better used as a firefighter helping out the FB line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2011, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 11:46:22 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2011, 11:42:52 AM
For why?

The 25 Harte has named is just as bogey as Gilroy's.

Don't think so, I'd say the 15 listed will start for us.

O'Gara, currently crippled, starting?

Rubbish. You're telling us Ricey wont start? Swift with a broken nose is going to play ;D

Ah jeez, when did an oul bit of cartilage (or the breaking thereof) ever stop one of our boys!  ;)

I like Pat Gilroy, he's a decent skin, just wish that he'd stop being so childish with his team announcements. I say that as a friend!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ballinaman on August 05, 2011, 01:30:05 PM
Hope Dublin win i suppose...purely from a parking view point living in Drumcondra!Dublin fans use the auld bus routes more, less likely to give me parking grief on semi final day.

I can tell that you're a man of principle... the Parking Principle!  ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 05, 2011, 01:30:05 PM
Hope Dublin win i suppose...purely from a parking view point living in Drumcondra!Dublin fans use the auld bus routes more, less likely to give me parking grief on semi final day.

I can tell that you're a man of principle... the Parking Principle!  ;)
Fact :D Just outside the croke park residents zone too...not even a freebie ticket...hang sandwiches and tin foil from boots of cars outside the gaf every wkend...shocking altogether!
If there is a jam sandwich on the ground...i'll be blaming ye Tyronies by the way...

Groucho

Tyrone to win by 5-6....they have far more scoring options than the dubs.
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

Over The Last

Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2011, 02:24:45 PM
Alan Brogan would run the legs off Gormley.
He'd be better used as a firefighter helping out the FB line.

Agreed he would run the legs off him surely Jinxy but as i say the tyrone defence will be well protected with men filtering back all of the time and crowding out the two Brogan's.That's what i reckon will happen. Gormley is definitely not the paciest but has a real knack of snuffing big players out in big games. Paul Finlay & colm McFadden can testify to this in this year's championship.

Free taking will be crucial. peter harte has been very solid since but when the pressure was really on against donegal he fluffed his lines, be interesting to see if he can deliver in a full croker.

My prediction; Tyrone 1;15 Dublin 1;13

comeontheredhands

Dubs will be the better team (at singing) up until Mugsy silences the singers and whistlers on the hill - Tyrone by 5

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tyrone County Board statement in respect of the boycott of RTÉ

"A number of weeks ago the Senior Football Manager in conjunction with several other GAA managers wrote a letter marked Private and Confidential to two senior people within the RTÉ organisation. In this letter Mickey Harte expressed his own and a number of other managers' concern at the disproportionate absence of Brian Carthy from his role as a radio commentator. The contents of the letter made their way into the public domain and the managers concerned can categorically state that they were not the source of that leak.

"Due to the portrayal of the said letter, at least one other broadcaster within the organisation acted in a most insensitive manner in the choice of their programme dialogue in a morning radio show soon after. Inappropriate references to the fact that the Tyrone manager Mickey Harte was associated with the Dali Lama conference in Limerick and the choice of the song "Pretty Little Girl from Omagh" will give you an indication of the complete lack of sensitivity the presenter in question afforded the Harte family and Michaela's husband John McAreavey, in what remains for them a very difficult time.

"We hope that this statement clarifies for the general public why Mickey Harte, his management team and the players have chosen not to co-operate with RTÉ at this time.

"Interviews with all other media outlets will continue as before."

heffo

I hadn't heard the radio piece before, but RTE showed poor taste in the song choice.

Take the piss out of public figures all you like, but playing that song was out of line.

I don't blame Harte for not talking to them.

INDIANA

I'd echo Heffo's sentiments.

Dublin GAA fans as I'm sure most were were appalled at the lack of sensitivity shown by RTE.

I wouldnt speak to them ever again if I was Harte.

comeontheredhands

whoever the person was from RTE that was responsible should walk or be forced to walk - thats as bad as TNOTW and phone hacking

sheamy

More than likely it was an oversight and unintentional. Likely some young person who wouldn't be aware of the sensitivity. I'd hate to think it was anything else. It's very unfortunate and under normal circumstances there would be nothing really out of order with the sketch. However, I totally understand why Mickey takes the stand he has.

EC Unique

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 03:19:37 PM
Tyrone County Board statement in respect of the boycott of RTÉ

"A number of weeks ago the Senior Football Manager in conjunction with several other GAA managers wrote a letter marked Private and Confidential to two senior people within the RTÉ organisation. In this letter Mickey Harte expressed his own and a number of other managers' concern at the disproportionate absence of Brian Carthy from his role as a radio commentator. The contents of the letter made their way into the public domain and the managers concerned can categorically state that they were not the source of that leak.

"Due to the portrayal of the said letter, at least one other broadcaster within the organisation acted in a most insensitive manner in the choice of their programme dialogue in a morning radio show soon after. Inappropriate references to the fact that the Tyrone manager Mickey Harte was associated with the Dali Lama conference in Limerick and the choice of the song "Pretty Little Girl from Omagh" will give you an indication of the complete lack of sensitivity the presenter in question afforded the Harte family and Michaela's husband John McAreavey, in what remains for them a very difficult time.

"We hope that this statement clarifies for the general public why Mickey Harte, his management team and the players have chosen not to co-operate with RTÉ at this time.

"Interviews with all other media outlets will continue as before."
Great statement. Well done Tyrone CB.
RTE would need to move fast on this if they are to save any face at all.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2011, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 05, 2011, 11:46:22 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 05, 2011, 11:42:52 AM
For why?

The 25 Harte has named is just as bogey as Gilroy's.

Don't think so, I'd say the 15 listed will start for us.

O'Gara, currently crippled, starting?

swift has broken nose but will still start - FACT!

Rubbish. You're telling us Ricey wont start? Swift with a broken nose is going to play ;D