RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 10, 2023, 11:25:37 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 10, 2023, 11:09:39 AM
Where are they alleging he's coaching?
Corduff.
This will do serious damage to their good reputation. Oh wait....
He's been with Corduff for months.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ck on September 10, 2023, 11:34:28 PM
Corduff.

i'd say such info would have leaked out much sooner if that was the case.

Ulster GAA statement on the matter.

"we wish to confirm that Mr Rory Gallagher ha been temporarily debarred, without prejudice from the GAA until the Ulster GAA safeguarding panel conclude their work."

"We will not be making any further comment on these matters at this time"
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

The GAA were probably waiting for the right moment 

LeoMc

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 11, 2023, 02:26:39 AM
Quote from: ck on September 10, 2023, 11:34:28 PM
Corduff.

i'd say such info would have leaked out much sooner if that was the case.

Ulster GAA statement on the matter.

"we wish to confirm that Mr Rory Gallagher ha been temporarily debarred, without prejudice from the GAA until the Ulster GAA safeguarding panel conclude their work."

"We will not be making any further comment on these matters at this time"

It seems it did leak out much sooner.

Quote from: the goal was on on August 25, 2023, 11:51:52 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 25, 2023, 11:45:29 AM
He is finished in the GAA, no one would touch him now at this stage.

Apart from Derry and Corduff!

seafoid

As long as it wasn't generally known he was probably ok. Most people wouldn't be paying attention to developments at Corduff.
Many wouldn't even know where Corduff is!
But a national newspaper is a different issue. And it's front page, because of the level of public interest in the story.

The big downside risk for the GAA if he is cleared is his reputation, especially amongst women. It may already be banjaxed. Social media judgement happens fast.

Paddy Jackson is not training with the Irish squad at the World Cup.
It doesn't matter how talented he is or how weak the alternatives to Sexton are.

That's how it works.

quit yo jibbajabba

Surely at least one girlfriend/wife/Mammy of the Corduff players would've known. Crazy that this didn't get out sooner in this day and age

skeog

What does it say about the former Ref brother who still has a prominent role in the gaa.Banty has no scruples money is his GOD and RG has been there 2 years not weeks.

the goal was on

He's been in corduff all year as he was was there last year as well and has been on the sidelines at matches as well. Banty though is the king of rule breaking and as someone mentioned a prominent ref alongside him! You couldn't make it up.

ck

It is well known and widely discussed that he has been at Corduff feeding from Bantys millions, for a long time now.
Just because the media were slow to the party doesnt mean it wasnt happening.

I'm sure the Corduff club are proud of their actions.

tbrick18

Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2023, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2023, 10:10:46 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 10, 2023, 09:56:01 AM
Are they still selling that Rag?

;D.. The rag's rag

Finger on the pulse. Meenagh gone.... only a matter of time til RG back

Source?
Hopefully not true.

As for RG, I don't think its worth commenting. For me it seems like there's so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.
I really don't like the trial by social media stuff, its unfair on everyone involved and could influence legal proceedings in any direction.
I also think that unless there's legal charges and verdicts we shouldn't be treating people as though they are guilty.
But....if my daughter made allegations like this about her boyfriend or husband I'd have a totally different view I guess.
Difficult situation and I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to influence any of it by casting views on individuals online, especially when I don't know all the details.

seafoid

14 May

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/14/rory-gallagher-the-great-unmentionable-as-derry-win-ulster-final-on-penalties-against-armagh/

His absence in the wake of domestic abuse allegations by his ex-wife meant that the occasion could go off without everyone on tenterhooks. The last thing the Ulster Council wanted was an incident or a talking point.On television, RTÉ cut to an ad break before Conor Glass began his winning captain's speech, presumably erring on the side of caution.

twohands!!!

I heard from a friend that Gallagher's father was arrested for harassing people at a fund-raiser for a women's shelter a few weeks back.

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 11, 2023, 11:20:19 AM
Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2023, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2023, 10:10:46 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 10, 2023, 09:56:01 AM
Are they still selling that Rag?

;D.. The rag's rag

Finger on the pulse. Meenagh gone.... only a matter of time til RG back

Source?
Hopefully not true.

As for RG, I don't think its worth commenting. For me it seems like there's so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.
I really don't like the trial by social media stuff, its unfair on everyone involved and could influence legal proceedings in any direction.
I also think that unless there's legal charges and verdicts we shouldn't be treating people as though they are guilty.
But....if my daughter made allegations like this about her boyfriend or husband I'd have a totally different view I guess.
Difficult situation and I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to influence any of it by casting views on individuals online, especially when I don't know all the details.

Good luck with that!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 11, 2023, 12:03:06 PM
I heard from a friend that Gallagher's father was arrested for harassing people at a fund-raiser for a women's shelter a few weeks back.

No secret there. Was front page of the Impartial Reporter at the time.

https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/23715275.ex-derry-boss-rory-gallaghers-father-arrested/