NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 04:22:00 PM
I doubt if we have heard the end of this. I'd say geezer will be trawling the county now in search of a Logan/Brolly type figure.

He needs BCB on his backroom team!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyrone08

Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 01:48:37 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 30, 2022, 01:45:14 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 01:28:02 PM
If Murphy struck on the full time whistle and there is no video evidence available, then I'm afraid that he will not be suspended. It doesn't mean that he is innocent, just that he didn't get caught.

Presumably both teams will have videoed  the match along with the actual TV footage but neither side are going to release footage incriminating their own players. Obviously the GAA have access to a lot more footage than we have seen publicly, otherwise I'm not sure how they could suspend the 3 Armagh lads who supposedly have received bans.

Either way there will appeals and counter appeals as this rumbles on for weeks.

As oisin said after the tyrone game, there shouldn't be any appeals. Tyrone should just take their medicine. Funny I haven't heard him say it this time.

Where was he interviewed?

Does he have to be interviewed to give his opinion? Isn't that what social media is for. He was passionate about the gaa drawing a line in the sand and saying enough is enough and that tyrone shouldn't appeal decisions. Well shoe is on the other foot now so if he was sincere come out and tell armagh to suck it up.

Same as kieran. Was having a dig at tyrone saying fergal will be sticking in an appeal then he has the cheek to appeal the single red card they got.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Ronnie on March 30, 2022, 04:27:57 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 30, 2022, 04:06:55 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 30, 2022, 03:58:35 PM
Quote from: Armagh Girl on March 30, 2022, 03:43:00 PM
So 3 for Armagh and 2 for Donegal.........don't know how they picked Soupy out of all that was happening in real time, and why only 2 for Donegal......??.  But, we were involved and need to take the punishment and move on, although it is hard to comprehend how out of all that happened, Michael Murphy did not get banned given he started it just at then end of normal time where the Linesman was right beside him!  Time now for Armagh to focus on the game and hopefully this will drive them on!

Yeah Soupy seems unfortunate and its a bit bizarre that only two from Donegal. Probably little chance of being successful with any appeal as HQ are looking to clamp down on melees this year.

Without wanting to signal anyone out maybe some Donegal players got lucky in that their bibs covered their squad numbers and the referee couldn't identify them. On the other hand if the referee includes that in his report and CCCC look at video there could be a few more players in trouble.

I was at the match.  I hope the CCCC issue further suspensions because the ones proposed weigh in Donegal's favour.  The behaviour from the corner back was disgraceful.  Losing teams generally don't goad.

I would say there is little to no chance that the CCCC issue further suspensions.

The GAA's attitude to discipline is still massively forgiving in terms of having players take responsibility for their actions, especially foul play.

This was a melee with probably 50 individuals involved after the final whistle was gone.

5 players getting 5 one match bans is an incredibly soft level of punishment and does little/close to nothing to dissuade other teams/players from getting involved in melees in the future.

If the GAA wanted to get rid of melees then all they would need to do is add a rule than anyone taking any active part (no matter how minor) in a melee would get an automatic one game ban.

Any other behaviour - striking, attempting to strike, putting a player in a headlock during a melee should be treated separately so that a player who did anything more than the bare minimum in a melee would miss at least two games.

LCohen

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 30, 2022, 03:58:35 PM
Quote from: Armagh Girl on March 30, 2022, 03:43:00 PM
So 3 for Armagh and 2 for Donegal.........don't know how they picked Soupy out of all that was happening in real time, and why only 2 for Donegal......??.  But, we were involved and need to take the punishment and move on, although it is hard to comprehend how out of all that happened, Michael Murphy did not get banned given he started it just at then end of normal time where the Linesman was right beside him!  Time now for Armagh to focus on the game and hopefully this will drive them on!

Yeah Soupy seems unfortunate and its a bit bizarre that only two from Donegal. Probably little chance of being successful with any appeal as HQ are looking to clamp down on melees this year.

I think you have to separate the footage you have seen from the totality of what happened. The officials stood back watched which they seem to be under instruction to do and I think it's a wise strategy.

Just because we can't identify guilt on the footage doesn't mean something didn't happen that the officials saw. Likewise those who started the whole thing off are unlikely to have been caught be officials and will likely escape punishment

Solo_run

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 30, 2022, 04:46:10 PM
If Murphy struck on the full time whistle and there is no video evidence available, then I'm afraid that he will not be suspended. It doesn't mean that he is innocent, just that he didn't get caught.

Presumably both teams will have videoed  the match along with the actual TV footage but neither side are going to release footage incriminating their own players. Obviously the GAA have access to a lot more footage than we have seen publicly, otherwise I'm not sure how they could suspend the 3 Armagh lads who supposedly have received bans.

As oisin said after the tyrone game, there shouldn't be any appeals. Tyrone should just take their medicine. Funny I haven't heard him say it this time.

Does he have to be interviewed to give his opinion? Isn't that what social media is for. He was passionate about the gaa drawing a line in the sand and saying enough is enough and that tyrone shouldn't appeal decisions. Well shoe is on the other foot now so if he was sincere come out and tell armagh to suck it up.

Same as kieran. Was having a dig at tyrone saying fergal will be sticking in an appeal then he has the cheek to appeal the single red card they got.

If he did say that (I dunno) then perhaps he should heed his own advice. Regardless, pundits are always going to be biased towards their own county.  Armagh are no different and Tyrone are no different  - its the nature of the game. And of course management are going to try and appeal bans - it would be stupid not to unless it was crystal clear.

tyrone08

Quote from: Solo_run on March 30, 2022, 04:50:37 PM

If he did say that (I dunno) then perhaps he should heed his own advice. Regardless, pundits are always going to be biased towards their own county.  Armagh are no different and Tyrone are no different  - its the nature of the game.

He said it on the Sunday game I think it was and I agreed with him. Most of tyrones red cards were justified and I had hoped that tyrone wouldn't appeal it but unfortunately they tried to.

Oisin is a very good pundit and is usually fair enough to be honest hopefully he will come out now that the players have been identified. As someone else has said this is like gold dust for Armagh in terms of creating a team bond. They should be well up for the rematch

yellowcard

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 30, 2022, 04:57:43 PM

If he did say that (I dunno) then perhaps he should heed his own advice. Regardless, pundits are always going to be biased towards their own county.  Armagh are no different and Tyrone are no different  - its the nature of the game.

He said it on the Sunday game I think it was and I agreed with him. Most of tyrones red cards were justified and I had hoped that tyrone wouldn't appeal it but unfortunately they tried to.

Oisin is a very good pundit and is usually fair enough to be honest hopefully he will come out now that the players have been identified. As someone else has said this is like gold dust for Armagh in terms of creating a team bond. They should be well up for the rematch

Do people actually think that Armagh wouldn't have been up for the match in the first instance. Their whole season centres mostly around this game so I don't know how people are trying to spin this into a positive for Armagh.

Lets be honest, Donegal are the big winners here. I'd much prefer to have the 3 players available.

greatpoint

Some amount of whinging, and I was led to believe the Tyrone ones were bad.

How did Rían O'Neill manage to avoid a ban after throwing punches?

Average Score

Quote from: greatpoint on March 30, 2022, 05:08:03 PM
Some amount of whinging, and I was led to believe the Tyrone ones were bad.

How did Rían O'Neill manage to avoid a ban after throwing punches?

Did you see him throwing punches? You should post them here.  As for the whinging Kerry Dublin not a word Tyrone Armagh and Armagh Donegal all over mainstream media you would think there is some sort of bias.

twohands!!!

Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 05:00:40 PM

Do people actually think that Armagh wouldn't have been up for the match in the first instance. Their whole season centres mostly around this game so I don't know how people are trying to spin this into a positive for Armagh.

Lets be honest, Donegal are the big winners here. I'd much prefer to have the 3 players available.

Yeah - I would say if this makes a whit of difference to Armagh's (or Donegal's) motivation it would be a bad sign of either team.

The thing is whoever is ref for this game is not going to give any player the next day any sort of benefit of the doubt whatsoever in terms of frees/yellow cards/black cards/red cards the next day.

They will be well aware of what went on in this game and will not be willing to risk things getting out of hand.

They will likely be ultra-quick on the whistle in terms of the tackle and I would expect a lot of scores from frees.

I think this is likely to favour Donegal a bit more than Armagh especially given Armagh's approach to the tackle under McGeeney.

Average Score

No doubt number 4 will get away with his off the ball antics though.

Solo_run

I expect Donegal to have the upper hand. I watched one or two of the dubious frees they got against Tyrone. Their player literally threw themselves off their feet into the legs of Burns and Burns ended up getting a yellow card.

We were lucky in some respects if this is the end of it.  We played our part in the melee and with that comes punishment, nobody likes it but it was coming. I am not sure what Nugent or Campbell did based on TV coverage.

tyrone08

Ah of course there would be up for the match but they will feel hard done by which will help them go the extra mile. Tyrone have used this in the past so it does work lol

naka

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 02:07:55 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 02:03:32 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 30, 2022, 01:49:56 PM
Odhran McFadden-Ferry and McGee for Donegal

Campbell, Nugent and Mackin for Armagh

Big advantage to Donegal then. McGee is finished whilst Armagh have lost one of their best forwards, their joint captain and a midfielder. Donegal will be smiling.

Donegal kicked the skirmish off and got away with a one player ban - they will be looking to an Ulster Final laughing - Armagh have to learn to be as cynical as others.
Still fancy armagh in this one
If Oisin and turbitt fit which I anticipate they will
We will be fine ( turbitt broke hand against Mayo and Oisin has Achilles )
Nugent is the one hard done by because he was targeted
But if he struck so be it

Throw ball

I think I said before.

It is highly unlikely Oisin will say anything about it this week. He is part of Armagh under 20 management team who play Donegal in Ballybofey this Friday. He won't want to add any spice.

In the BBC podcast interview with Sam Mulroy he did quip he didn't think Armagh and Donegal liked each other. Think that is as far as he will go.

Good interview Oisin and Niblock had with Mulroy by the way.