NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Average Score

Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 01:21:57 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 01:16:38 PM
You are looking for evidence, so if you are not at the match and no clip of your fav players all good as far as you are concerned.  ::)  Even the video evidence is subjective you could choose other players and make a case for those named. As previously mentioned if the 7 officials helped each other and called out off the ball stuff we may start to concentrate on football.

Yes, I'm looking for evidence. Either from the referee (with the aid of his assistants) or from video footage.

I'm not clear on what you're looking for.

Officials to do their job,

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 08:48:41 AM

Because it is all the off the ball stuff that starts all this shite, and the umpires and linemen are not fit for purpose.  Aidian Nugent and Andy Murnin were being mauled, dragged, kicked and abused for about 5 minutes whilst play was at the other end of the field, no surprise the number 4 was involved, Nugent went to the umpires to complain and he waved him away, is it anyone wonder players get frustrated, you basically have a semi trained ref, a few semi trained linesmen and the refs 4 mates - what could go wrong!

Average Score

Quote from: Solo_run on March 30, 2022, 01:49:56 PM
Odhran McFadden-Ferry and McGee for Donegal

Campbell, Nugent and Mackin for Armagh

Nugent and Murnin were targeted all match and McGee came on to do a job - classy bunch.

yellowcard

Big advantage to Donegal then. McGee is finished whilst Armagh have lost one of their best forwards, their joint captain and a midfielder. Donegal will be smiling. 

Average Score

Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 02:03:32 PM

Big advantage to Donegal then. McGee is finished whilst Armagh have lost one of their best forwards, their joint captain and a midfielder. Donegal will be smiling.

Donegal kicked the skirmish off and got away with a one player ban - they will be looking to an Ulster Final laughing - Armagh have to learn to be as cynical as others. 

The Trap

How come Ulster teams get treated differently? I don't think any Tyrone Armagh or Donegal players should have or will miss games.
Anyway it is interesting looking back at tweets from Armagh people in  particular after the Tyrone game and how they should take their punishment etc......and how vocal Oisin was about contributing to a melee and this time nothing......karma I think.

Average Score

Quote from: The Trap on March 30, 2022, 02:08:24 PM
How come Ulster  northern teams get treated differently? I don't think any Tyrone Armagh or Donegal players should have or will miss games.
Anyway it is interesting looking back at tweets from Armagh people in  particular after the Tyrone game and how they should take their punishment etc......and how vocal Oisin was about contributing to a melee and this time nothing......karma I think.

Fixed that for you, Karma your hole if Fergal had 4 or 5 weeks and could have been arsed all 4 Tyronies would have got off.

Sportacus

Why not just take the punishment.  If you neck roll someone you are risking serious injury.  A bit of integrity would be welcome.

Solo_run

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 02:01:41 PM

Nugent and Murnin were targeted all match and McGee came on to do a job - classy bunch.

You do have to question McGee's intentions considering he received a yellow card for the little time he was on the pitch and when on the subs bench he is suspended for his part in a melee.

Armagh18

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 02:07:55 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 30, 2022, 02:03:32 PM

Donegal kicked the skirmish off and got away with a one player ban - they will be looking to an Ulster Final laughing - Armagh have to learn to be as cynical as others.
Plenty of strength in depth to replace those lads anyway. The 2 irreplaceable lads for me are Rian O'Neill and Aidan Forker. 

Armagh18

Quote from: Solo_run on March 30, 2022, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 02:01:41 PM

You do have to question McGee's intentions considering he received a yellow card for the little time he was on the pitch and when on the subs bench he is suspended for his part in a melee.
He wouldnt be much use at anything else these days.

bennydorano

I know we're moving into whinging everyone hates us Tyrone terriritory  but we've all the motivation in the world now, free of charge too.

J70

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 02:00:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 01:21:57 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 01:16:38 PM
You are looking for evidence, so if you are not at the match and no clip of your fav players all good as far as you are concerned.  ::)  Even the video evidence is subjective you could choose other players and make a case for those named. As previously mentioned if the 7 officials helped each other and called out off the ball stuff we may start to concentrate on football.

Yes, I'm looking for evidence. Either from the referee (with the aid of his assistants) or from video footage.

I'm not clear on what you're looking for.

Officials to do their job,

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 08:48:41 AM

Because it is all the off the ball stuff that starts all this shite, and the umpires and linemen are not fit for purpose.  Aidian Nugent and Andy Murnin were being mauled, dragged, kicked and abused for about 5 minutes whilst play was at the other end of the field, no surprise the number 4 was involved, Nugent went to the umpires to complain and he waved him away, is it anyone wonder players get frustrated, you basically have a semi trained ref, a few semi trained linesmen and the refs 4 mates - what could go wrong!

Players have been getting mauled, pulled, dragged and abused in all provinces, but especially Ulster, for years. Your own boys were no slouches at it back in their heyday and dished out plenty to Donegal teams over the years. Yeah, it would be great if referees and umpires and the overall surveillance of the game was better, but that's for another day and of absolutely no use to us in this case.

mackers

There clearly was an orchestrated campaign by the Donegal players at FT and Armagh fell hook, line and sinker for it.  I'm disappointed in our lads for allowing themselves to be suckered into it the way that they did.  I don't agree with this constant appealing suspensions. If I was Geezer I would not appeal them and use it as a massive motivating tool for Ballybofey.  We have plenty of backup in the squad and a few lads will get their chance now.  Discipline will be key to the championship game, there's no greater revenge than the scoreboard at the end of the match.   
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

J70

It was a clear orchestrated campaign now?

Ok, I'm out of here. Get yourselves some violins lads. ;D

yellowcard

Quote from: mackers on March 30, 2022, 02:35:35 PM
There clearly was an orchestrated campaign by the Donegal players at FT and Armagh fell hook, line and sinker for it.  I'm disappointed in our lads for allowing themselves to be suckered into it the way that they did.  I don't agree with this constant appealing suspensions. If I was Geezer I would not appeal them and use it as a massive motivating tool for Ballybofey.  We have plenty of backup in the squad and a few lads will get their chance now.  Discipline will be key to the championship game, there's no greater revenge than the scoreboard at the end of the match.

I wasn't at the match so I can't comment but if as you suggest there was an orchestrated campaign then Donegal should be sanctioned. The problem is that it is very hard to prove that it was orchestrated. Murphy and McGee are probably the 2 most experienced Donegal players and they were allegedly the two players who kicked off the melee on different parts of the field upon the full time whistle.

What we do know however, is that those were the only players suspended on the basis of the referees match report. We don't know if the GAA will carry out their own further investigation into the incident and what exactly kicked it off.