NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2022, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2022, 04:13:07 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 04:07:12 PM
Kieran tactics rubbing off on Armagh it seems. Many Armagh ones were quick to shout about tyrone now it seems they are the common link between these incidents

Again though, we haven't seen how or who started it yet other than a melee -could have been Donegal/COuld have been Armagh.

If I remember correctly, you were the one throwing around false accusations about Armagh starting the melee against Tyrone but you soon climbed down off your perch when video evidence was shown.

Must be confused with someone else I never defended tyrone in the armagh game. I questioned why so many tyrone players were singled out and I still questioned it. Every video showed hamspey not getting involved in headlock but he got a red.

Every one is quick to jump when tyrone are involved however thats now 2 games armagh have been involved in a brawl. Seems only right to point that out.

So instead of waiting to see what actually happened you apply the same unfair logic directed at Tyrone in Armagh's direction?

Just to point out, I am not saying Armagh are innocent in all of this but I would prefer it if they were treated fairly. I hate the term but we are becoming snowflakes in GAA with the slightest altercation being blown way out of proportion. From the brief footage shown there was a bit of pulling and pushing but I am happy to be corrected on that should we get to see the game in full.

Regardless, congratulations to Donegal on their win. We still don't have any answers for shoring up the influences of McBreaty and Murphy by the sounds of it.

Exactly this. The footage I seen was so limited that it was impossible to say what caused it. Needless to say Armagh will get much of the blame if this forum is anything to go by. A few days of hand wringing by media and pundits will follow and then a narrative forces itself into the media and gets into referees minds before championship. I don't know if Armagh were the aggressors but it appears as though the Tyrone fans seem to think they were or maybe TV screens are just bigger in that part of the country.

A lot of it looked like needless posturing anyway.

nrico2006

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 05:07:17 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2022, 04:56:00 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2022, 04:13:07 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 04:07:12 PM
Kieran tactics rubbing off on Armagh it seems. Many Armagh ones were quick to shout about tyrone now it seems they are the common link between these incidents

Again though, we haven't seen how or who started it yet other than a melee -could have been Donegal/COuld have been Armagh.

If I remember correctly, you were the one throwing around false accusations about Armagh starting the melee against Tyrone but you soon climbed down off your perch when video evidence was shown.

Must be confused with someone else I never defended tyrone in the armagh game. I questioned why so many tyrone players were singled out and I still questioned it. Every video showed hamspey not getting involved in headlock but he got a red.

Every one is quick to jump when tyrone are involved however thats now 2 games armagh have been involved in a brawl. Seems only right to point that out.

So instead of waiting to see what actually happened you apply the same unfair logic directed at Tyrone in Armagh's direction?

Just to point out, I am not saying Armagh are innocent in all of this but I would prefer it if they were treated fairly. I hate the term but we are becoming snowflakes in GAA with the slightest altercation being blown way out of proportion. From the brief footage shown there was a bit of pulling and pushing but I am happy to be corrected on that should we get to see the game in full.

Regardless, congratulations to Donegal on their win. We still don't have any answers for shoring up the influences of McBreaty and Murphy by the sounds of it.

I agree with all of that to he fair. Part of it is fans winding each other up by you can almost be certain Armagh may taken the brunt of it from the media. Anyway nothing won or lost today.

Pretty successful league campaign by Armagh to stay on division 1. Less so by Tyrone who just about managed it.

How you finish the league is more important than how you start it. Tyrone finished strong whereas Armagh didn't.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 27, 2022, 05:04:44 PM
A slight alteration doesn't have all of both teams, subs bench and staff involved does it.
Was it a good match seeing as you were at it?

Wildweasel74

Nope, but you must be blind to see half the benches involved in the minor alteraction, in fact it was the subs keeping it going.

Blowitupref

Best two teams into the final and a hard final to call it will be.

Dublins decline continues hard to see Farrell manager again next year. Hard luck to Kildare play some good stuff during this campaign but came unstuck today.

Monaghan are some warriors yet another year in Division 1.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 27, 2022, 05:36:59 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 27, 2022, 05:04:44 PM
A slight alteration doesn't have all of both teams, subs bench and staff involved does it.
Was it a good match seeing as you were at it?

Can you provide your insight then?

JoG2

It's time the GAA sorted this nonsense out. Throw the kitchen sink at both teams (no idea what sanctions can be imposed), make examples of them. The absolute state of the hi viz warriors, subs, mentors, backroom staff.... It's happening the length and breadth of the country, club and county. Does this shite happen in any other team sport in any other country in the world?

KickPass

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 27, 2022, 03:29:29 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 27, 2022, 03:27:54 PM
Another row and what's the common denominator?
Can't hear you from Division 1 shout a bit louder.

Lol Itchy. You know you've def hit rock bottom when an armagh gaa fan can take the piss.  ;D

Solo_run

Quote from: JoG2 on March 27, 2022, 06:24:47 PM
It's time the GAA sorted this nonsense out. Throw the kitchen sink at both teams (no idea what sanctions can be imposed), make examples of them. The absolute state of the hi viz warriors, subs, mentors, backroom staff.... It's happening the length and breadth of the country, club and county. Does this shite happen in any other team sport in any other country in the world?

Are we really going down that road where every single altercation warrants suspensions? There were no punches thrown it was players pushing and pulling at each other - how sensitive are we all getting about stuff like this?

naka

Enjoyable game in letterkenny tbh.
Thought Donegal could have run away with it at one stage but fair play to armagh for reeling them in.
Armagh missed 3/4 storable chances towards the end and the red blew up 2 minutes early whenMc brearty  put Donegal ahead.
Some observations
Thought Murphy immense again as was Mc brearty two warriors.
O neill and grugan coming on at half time changed the dynamics of the game as did the penalty miss.
Towards the end it was obvious armagh weren't as focussed on winning as they gave game time to young Mc conville and kiernan .
Neither team will fear each other in 4 weeks
Regarding the row didn't see too much happening although to be fair was in the far side .

JoG2

Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2022, 06:42:56 PM

Are we really going down that road where every single altercation warrants suspensions? There were no punches thrown it was players pushing and pulling at each other - how sensitive are we all getting about stuff like this?

But it wasn't. Doesn't have to happen, can easily be stopped, nothing to do with sensitivity.

Milltown Row2

Well maybe no punches throw from the scenes I saw, but the carry on is embarrassing and if a county team is involved in it there needs to be some sort of punishment. I'm not sure what though but it's not welcomed at all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

KickPass

Ah now. You can't bleat like a lamb one week and then say its only handbags the next. Rules are rules. Any Armagh or Donegal players who contributed to a melee should be banned just like their vastly superior Tyrone neighbours

Solo_run

Quote from: KickPass on March 27, 2022, 06:52:09 PM

Ah now. You can't bleat like a lamb one week and then say its only handbags the next. Rules are rules. Any Armagh or Donegal players who contributed to a melee should be banned just like their vastly superior Tyrone neighbours

The obvious difference if you need reminding was Harte put Burns in a headlock and using a hip toss put him on the ground. I think the other was Hampsey grabbing Campbell across the neck from behind. Nugent was fortunate enough with Sludden and other than that I am not sure what the red cards were even for.

This was just pushing and shoving. The referee didn't see anything that warranted a card and again there is no evidence to show who started it... yet.

Solo_run

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2022, 06:47:45 PM
Well maybe no punches throw from the scenes I saw, but the carry on is embarrassing and if a county team is involved in it there needs to be some sort of punishment. I'm not sure what though but it's not welcomed at all

Embarrassing and unsightly - Yes. Is suspension warranted? Unless individuals are singled out then not really. Fines would perhaps be the best outcome. First one is a 2,000 euro fine with it doubling every time a county is involved in one per season or within another specified period.

If only poor officiating was put under the same scrutiny.