NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Donegal making football look easy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Solo_run

Other than for an entertaining last 10 minutes - Armagh and Kerry wasn't that great to watch nothing was at stake for either team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Solo_run on March 20, 2022, 04:04:22 PM
Armagh and Kerry wasn't that great to watch nothing was at stake for either team.

It's surprising they played at all, should have just sent out the reserves
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2022, 04:03:04 PM

Apart from all the bloody balls bouncing over their heads.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on March 20, 2022, 04:09:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 20, 2022, 04:03:04 PM

Apart from all the bloody balls bouncing over their heads.

Well it was before Dublin came back them but it was simple stuff at times

Wildweasel74

Fair decent game here between Donegal and Dublin, first watchable neutral game I watched this year.

Wildweasel74

Brian Howard ate his weetBix this morning.!!

yellowcard

Armagh were poor for large parts of the first half and gave Kerry too much respect. When they finally woke up and realised that Kerry are nothing special without Clifford and O'Shea they gave themselves a bit too much to do and hit a lot of bad wides in the second half.

It's all a learning experience though and some players who had grabbed the headlines in previous games simply didn't turn up today. Best that it happens now though than in a months time.

bennydorano

Armagh were pretty poor all day I thought, Kerry kept us at arm's length without going up through the gears. Kerry looked very solid defensively which was ptobably their primary aim of the day. Only Soupy Campbell put his hand up for me today and he only got a half!  I suppose playing poor and being competitive v Kerry isn't the worst thing in the world, we'd have taken that a year ago.

Solo_run

Quote from: bennydorano on March 20, 2022, 04:50:15 PM
Armagh were pretty poor all day I thought, Kerry kept us at arm's length without going up through the gears. Kerry looked very solid defensively which was ptobably their primary aim of the day. Only Soupy Campbell put his hand up for me today and he only got a half!  I suppose playing poor and being competitive v Kerry isn't the worst thing in the world, we'd have taken that a year ago.

I am sorry to say but I don't feel Hall offered anything today or for large parts of the league. He is a decent player but he is not working for me, Kerry shoved him off the ball a little too easy for my liking.

Throw ball

Armagh - and the referee- were a bit overawed with the occasion today I felt. Too many wrong decisions made at key moments. Still a good learning curve. Armagh have improved significantly from pre Covid.

On a positive for Kerry Jack O'Connor did a fair job man marking the linesman.

J70

Great goal by Murphy, but the Dublin keeper made that easy for him.

J70

Dublin find it so much easier to get scores than we do. Those wee kicks into the forward's chest are always finding their men.

Milltown Row2

Was going to say that but Donegal and McBearty are playing well

J70

It's been much better since they moved Murphy up front and started speeding things up getting the ball in.

But Dublin are picking off easy scores to keep the gap there and look like they'll get in for another goal.