NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Buttofthehill on March 13, 2022, 05:58:56 PM
'Hard man' stuff from Hampsey...ball out of play, frontal charge-definite yellow. The 'tackle' on Fenton should've been a straight red. Wouldn't have had any quibble if the goal had of stood, however.

English language illiterate alert -- Costello should have been less of a twat.

Fair dues Dubs, we couldn't exploit the wind advantage to the same degree, alas, though Dubs need to be concerned with the 2nd half, where fisted points were the best avenue of return (and something we didn't seek to avail of to anything like the required degree).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

twohands!!!

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 13, 2022, 04:44:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: KickPass on March 13, 2022, 04:35:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 04:09:39 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 13, 2022, 04:09:09 PM
What was Hampsey's black card for?

Deliberate Shunt off the ball
Stupid rule. Was Hampsey supposed to pull up and just let him pass?

No but he deliberately shunted him when he didn't have to, his loss for ten minutes didn't actually change the play tbf, Tyrone have been pure dung first half

I think it did - made it much easiest to push up on the kickouts and I'd say Dublin got a fair chunk of their scores when he was off the pitch.

Dublin scored 5 of their 13 point total in the 10 minutes when Hampsey was off the pitch on his black card.

Armagh18

Jaysus I'm glad we bate Kildare last night. Am I right in saying Tyrone have to play Mayo and Kerry? Can't see either of them taking it easy as both will want to play meaningful games before the All Ireland Quarter finals. Dublin likely beat Donegal but don't know if they'll get anything from Monaghan.

Milltown Row2

Who's to say they wouldn't have scored them anyways? Hampsey then on that lost the game for his county by being stupid, not once but twice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Just seen the Hampsey incident, stupid but Jesus never a card or anything. Couldnt happen a nicer team though.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 07:13:12 PM
Who's to say they wouldn't have scored them anyways? Hampsey then on that lost the game for his county by being stupid, not once but twice

So you would have yellow carded Hampsey too for Costello acting the prat?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 13, 2022, 07:15:16 PM

Personally I wouldn't have, I'd have told him to get up, but he shouldered him off the ball for no reason. Why bother doing that?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 07:16:49 PM

Personally I wouldn't have, I'd have told him to get up, but he shouldered him off the ball for no reason. Why bother doing that?

Costello was shielding the ball, out of play though it might have been, and throwing his weight around previously -- Cassidy was too precious IMHO.

Buttofthehill

Is your issue that Costello fell over? He was wearing studs, standing on concrete and got a shoulder into the chest. I'd challenge anyone not to fall over.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Buttofthehill on March 13, 2022, 07:19:31 PM

Is your issue that Costello fell over? He was wearing studs, standing on concrete and got a shoulder into the chest. I'd challenge anyone not to fall over.

What was he at though? He squared up to Hampsey as he came in to retrieve, so tough shit I'd say.

Milltown Row2

Cassidy didn't lose the game, Tyrone scored 2 points in the first half and just six with the wind, Dublin were also down a man in the second half for ten minutes. Either way it wasn't their best performance, the discipline was very poor

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 07:23:56 PM
Cassidy didn't lose the game, Tyrone scored 2 points in the first half and just six with the wind, Dublin were also down a man in the second half for ten minutes. Either way it wasn't their best performance, the discipline was very poor

No arguments there, in that the Dubs were worthy victors, but that doesn't mean that some decisions didn't stink.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 13, 2022, 07:25:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2022, 07:23:56 PM

No arguments there, in that the Dubs were worthy victors, but that doesn't mean that some decisions didn't stink.

You'll never get all the calls, but Tyrone were aggressive at times when playing ball rather than man would have served better considering how close to relegation they are

Wildweasel74

He didn't square up to Hampsey, u starting to make stuff up. Hampsey was a idiot, accept its his fault only for been send off.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 13, 2022, 07:34:25 PM
He didn't square up to Hampsey, u starting to make stuff up. Hampsey was a idiot, accept its his fault only for been send off.

What was he actually doing to facilitate the retrieval of the ball that he had engineered to put there? Feck all, so tough shit.