NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Gael85 on January 31, 2022, 10:22:21 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 31, 2022, 11:31:52 AM
Quote from: illdecide on January 31, 2022, 10:38:40 AM
I certainly won't get carried away by Armagh's great performance on Sat nite, one thing i've learned from Armagh over the years is after a great result like that there a few nasty ones around the corner. They played great on the night but Dublin will improve a lot and we were probably at our best and not much more in the tank. It was a great result and hopefully can grind out another 3-4 pts from somewhere to stay up...That's all i'm thinking of at this stage is staying up and Sat's game has given us a much better chance of doing so...

As for Sunday's game with our neighbours that will be interesting...Armagh like to play football so Tyrone will be in their element and will probably end up a shoot out so expect a different game to what you seen Tyrone v Monaghan yesterday.
Definitely not getting carried away but one thing I would say is there's about 5 lads who could come in and start on that team and probably improve it. Croke Park definitely suits us. Tyrone will be a totally different prospect though!!

Armagh well deserved the win. Was thinking Armagh were missing a few players. Is Murnin injured? Always impressed with him.
You could probably change 7 or 8 lads from that Armagh team with players of similar quality. Murnin always class when he plays but rarely fit. 

rosnarun

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 01, 2022, 10:07:36 AM
I certainly won't get carried away by Armagh's great performance on Sat nite, one thing i've learned from Armagh over the years is after a great result like that there a few nasty ones around the corner. They played great on the night but Dublin will improve a lot and we were probably at our best and not much more in the tank. It was a great result and hopefully can grind out another 3-4 pts from somewhere to stay up...That's all i'm thinking of at this stage is staying up and Sat's game has given us a much better chance of doing so...

As for Sunday's game with our neighbours that will be interesting...Armagh like to play football so Tyrone will be in their element and will probably end up a shoot out so expect a different game to what you seen Tyrone v Monaghan yesterday.
Definitely not getting carried away but one thing I would say is there's about 5 lads who could come in and start on that team and probably improve it. Croke Park definitely suits us. Tyrone will be a totally different prospect though!!

Armagh well deserved the win. Was thinking Armagh were missing a few players. Is Murnin injured? Always impressed with him.
You could probably change 7 or 8 lads from that Armagh team with players of similar quality. Murnin always class when he plays but rarely fit. 

I dont bu that at all. Dublin thought the same untill they had to replace a few .
and this Armagh are a long way back from where teh Dubs were
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Armamike

There's a good number off that Armagh bench on Saturday who would start no problem (and who normally do!). 
That's just, like your opinion man.

jmk

Quote from: rosnarun on February 01, 2022, 11:04:26 AM

I dont bu that at all. Dublin thought the same untill they had to replace a few .
Well they brought 5 subs in on saturday and to those you can add Andy Murnin, Conor Turbitt,Ethan Rafferty,Ciaran O'Hanlon,James Morgan,Barry McCambridge, Oisin O'Neill and Conor O'Neill. You will probably also see another prospect Cian McConville get some game time this year.

armaghniac

There is a world of difference between retirements and injuries or short term unavailability. The point is that Armagh has several players who will hopefully be available in the near future. Certainly, Oisin O'Neill, All star nominee, would be of interest to most teams in Ireland, Turbitt and Murnin are of similar value although Murnin has been plagued with fitness problems. Ethan Rafferty, James Morgan and Ciaran O'Hanlon have been team regulars in the past. The good thing about Armagh's performance was that several players not previously regular in the team stepped up against Dublin.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armamike

Quote from: armaghniac on February 01, 2022, 11:24:09 AM

There is a world of difference between retirements and injuries or short term unavailability. The point is that Armagh has several players who will hopefully be available in the near future. Certainly, Oisin O'Neill, All star nominee, would be of interest to most teams in Ireland, Turbitt and Murnin are of similar value although Murnin has been plagued with fitness problems. Ethan Rafferty, James Morgan and Ciaran O'Hanlon have been team regulars in the past. The good thing about Armagh's performance was that several players not previously regular in the team stepped up against Dublin.

That's exactly it.  How our bench compares to other div 1 teams in terms of quality is a separate issue, but as for ourselves, our bench from Saturday was as strong as I can remember, in terms of like for like with the starting 15.  That's largely down to the number of new faces and fringe players who started.
That's just, like your opinion man.

toby47

Quote from: jmk on February 01, 2022, 11:22:10 AM

Well they brought 5 subs in on saturday and to those you can add Andy Murnin, Conor Turbitt,Ethan Rafferty,Ciaran O'Hanlon,James Morgan,Barry McCambridge, Oisin O'Neill and Conor O'Neill. You will probably also see another prospect Cian McConville get some game time this year.

Jeez thats a strong panel. Are Oisin O'Neill & O'Hanlon  injured? Turbitt playing Sigerson at the minute? Soupy Campbell, Niall Grimley & Ross McQuillan all also came on at the weekend for Armagh. Probably only realising how strong of a panel Armagh have, no shortage of good forwards there!

Blowitupref

Quote from: toby47 on February 01, 2022, 12:01:42 PM

Jeez thats a strong panel. Are Oisin O'Neill & O'Hanlon  injured? Turbitt playing Sigerson at the minute? Soupy Campbell, Niall Grimley & Ross McQuillan all also came on at the weekend for Armagh. Probably only realising how strong of a panel Armagh have, no shortage of good forwards there!
Yes one of Queens stand out forwards, scored 0-8 last week. Interesting McGeeney is leaving him to college football until Queens season is over meanwhile Rory Gallagher hasn't allowed Conor Glass to line out for UUJ thus far.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Talent has been there for a good few years with Armagh but hasnt really clicked yet, knew we had that performance in us and have been saying for a few years the ability is there to take on any team.

Turbitt was playing for Queens and as good as he is will get it tough to get his place. Oisin O'Neill (who's almost as good as the brother) is injured as far as I know, not sure about O'Hanlon.

toby47

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 01, 2022, 12:25:13 PM

Yes one of Queens stand out forwards, scored 0-8 last week. Interesting McGeeney is leaving him to college football until Queens season is over meanwhile Rory Gallagher hasn't allowed Conor Glass to line out for UUJ thus far.

Darragh Canavan came on for Tyrone at the weekend too and hasn't played for UUJ yet either. Turbitt is a flyer, always been impressed with him anytime i've seen him.

redzone

Canavan and Glass both were injured upto recently

toby47

Quote from: redzone on February 01, 2022, 01:21:07 PM
Canavan and Glass both were injured upto recently

Glass wasn't playing for UUj but started for Derry 3 days later
Canavan wasn't playing for UUJ but came on for Tyrone 4 days later.

Do you think both of them played in the NFL without training for their county?

full moon

Pity none of the games are on TV Sunday now with the hurling back. There's even less on TV with Eir Sport gone, RTE seem to be showing same number of games. BBC have a couple but they could surely be better on their TV channel than their website.

Might be a stream going if GAA Go is showing Armagh Tyrone. It's a shame the TV coverage is so little. And then last weekend on Sunday was barely watchable with the wet camera lens.

Don't know how they're going to fit Football, Hurling and now Ladies Football and Camoige on Sunday game highlights show either. Really should be 2 highlights shows Sat and Sunday.

Blowitupref

The Mayo football management have confirmed that forward and playmaker Tommy Conroy will likely miss the rest of the 2022 season after sustaining a cruciate ligament injury while playing with NUI Galway in the Sigerson Cup quarter-final on Tuesday evening.

The Neale club player left the field of play shortly before half-time, receiving treatment on his knee during the half-time break, and did not return to the action. The Mayo medical team did a full assessment and examination on Wednesday, and have confirmed that Conroy suffered a cruciate ligament injury.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 02, 2022, 08:41:51 PM
The Mayo football management have confirmed that forward and playmaker Tommy Conroy will likely miss the rest of the 2022 season after sustaining a cruciate ligament injury while playing with NUI Galway in the Sigerson Cup quarter-final on Tuesday evening.

The Neale club player left the field of play shortly before half-time, receiving treatment on his knee during the half-time break, and did not return to the action. The Mayo medical team did a full assessment and examination on Wednesday, and have confirmed that Conroy suffered a cruciate ligament injury.

Huge loss. f**k it anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.