Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

I'd have to fancy the dall by minimum 4 or 5 points. But if these slaughtneil boys come out of the traps quickly you just never know. Awful day for it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

15 gone. 3-1 to cushendall. Breeze playing a big role.

Seamroga in exile

Half time. Dall lead 1-4 to  0-3.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 26, 2014, 03:02:52 PM
Half time. Dall lead 1-4 to  0-3.

dall up by 4.

Rossa up by 11 ; :)

Gizzy15

Rossa win 1:15 to 0:06. Jez i was well off on that 1. I had been thinking draw or point or two either way. Rossa spent most of second half with 14 men by all reports. Well done Rossa. Hope you can raise the bar next year

Bonamargy

Two hand enough wins. Be interesting to see how Rossa do back up in division one and Senior championship next year. Can only be a good thing if they are competitive again. Good luck to them and the dall in the rest of their all Ireland Series, Dall have another tough one next up in the Ulster final V Portaferry.

Seamroga in exile

Congrats to cushendall and rossa.

podge

Seriously, is this the best ulster council can produce as a ref for for the showpiece club match in the province? Riddled with baffling and inconsistent calls.

Could have cost cushendall the game. Shouldn't let the fact that cushendall won gloss over the ineptitude. Otherwise they will keep appointing boys like this.

Should have brought Cody along - he would have some laugh.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: podge on October 26, 2014, 04:42:05 PM
Seriously, is this the best ulster council can produce as a ref for for the showpiece club match in the province? Riddled with baffling and inconsistent calls.

Could have cost cushendall the game. Shouldn't let the fact that cushendall won gloss over the ineptitude. Otherwise they will keep appointing boys like this.

i thought the ref did OK maybe two dodgy decisions in the second half

well done to the dall, the derry champions tried there best but the dalls defense held firm. they never looked like scoring a goal
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

We have beaten Sarsfields so we stay up, hopefully nick points off Rossa and Clooney next year and possibly one of the better teams to get another year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

woeful and dour stuff no question. Seriously reflects on the serious poor standard of hurling referees in Ulster. Pity a Derry team were playing today against the Dall, I am sure E. Hasson would have got the nod., possibly get the final.  He is probably the only decent referee we have had in Ulster this last number of years, the rest in Ulster and Antrim included have been extremely poor imo.

The game today was poor also. I think this referee was afraid that it may have boiled over. Some very inconsistent whistle blowing. Dall have still not impressed,but I suppose they will be happy with the result regardless.

Have Antrim any up and comig referees worth watching?  Our current stock and those in recent years have not been up to much, thankless job though which may be of influence.  Good luck to the Dall anyway. I think Ulster will be as far as it goes on current form.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 26, 2014, 06:00:59 PM

woeful and dour stuff no question. Seriously reflects on the serious poor standard of hurling referees in Ulster. Pity a Derry team were playing today against the Dall, I am sure E. Hasson would have got the nod., possibly get the final.  He is probably the only decent referee we have had in Ulster this last number of years, the rest in Ulster and Antrim included have been extremely poor imo.

The game today was poor also. I think this referee was afraid that it may have boiled over. Some very inconsistent whistle blowing. Dall have still not impressed,but I suppose they will be happy with the result regardless.

Have Antrim any up and comig referees worth watching?  Our current stock and those in recent years have not been up to much, thankless job though which may be of influence.  Good luck to the Dall anyway. I think Ulster will be as far as it goes on current form.

Have you put up a constructive meaningful debate in any of your posts?  Dark cloud, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll get attention elsewhere

getevennotcross

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2014, 06:07:21 PM

Have you put up a constructive meaningful debate in any of your posts?  Dark cloud, I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll get attention elsewhere
Just expressing a point of view. I am not expecting the county board to read the comments because of   all the enthralling and positive comments, which are being made by contributors. You never know, they may actually read the comments and become inspired?

podge

Nothing wrong with the standard in Antrim IMHO. All today and the last did day did was highlight that once you go outside of the Antrim leagues its a struggle as to where to go.

Thought the dall did well in the second half when they looked like they might be in trouble. Subs made an impact; defense was strong.