The roughest pub you have ever been in...

Started by 5 Sams, April 18, 2011, 07:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

...thread idea stolen from AFR.

Mine is the Brazen Head in Glasgow....one of the boys in our company asked for a slice of lemon in his girlfriend's gin (I know I know....what was she doing there in the 1st place) and was asked "Lemon?? Lemon!!! Where the f**k do you think you are?"

The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

Quoteone of the boys in our company asked for a slice of lemon in his girlfriend's gin

he must have had a brazen head on him.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

A friend of mine asked for a drop of water in his whisky (Scotch) in a pub in Glasgow. The place went silent. An ould lad sitting at the bar turned to him and said quietly "they pu' wa'er in it when they make it, laddy".

5 Sams

Quote from: Hardy on April 18, 2011, 07:12:06 PM
A friend of mine asked for a drop of water in his whisky (Scotch) in a pub in Glasgow. The place went silent. An ould lad sitting at the bar turned to him and said quietly "they pu' wa'er in it when they make it, laddy".

Class :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

Minder

A gentleman asked for a choc pop, Baileys and creme de menthe in the Saffron in Waterfoot, to which the reply was, after a scratch of the head, "Chocpop, is that the Oul Baileys shite" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

Most bars about the Shambles in Armagh could be classified as the roughest bars I've been in depending on the night or time of year.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Candyman

Quote from: The Iceman on April 18, 2011, 07:39:21 PM
Most bars about the Shambles in Armagh could be classified as the roughest bars I've been in depending on the night or time of year.......

If the above quote was on facebook, the Candyman would "like this"  :D

Puckoon

I worked in Benedicts "hotel" in shaftsbury square in belfast about 9-10 years ago -and on a Sunday afternoon/evening/night we would get a lot of the gentlemen from about sandy row and the villiage in, and they would basically make the place their own for the day, which was strange as we always had irish traditional music in on a Sunday.

I remember one easter Monday being told by one of the head bouncers (who was a fella from tates avenue) that I should make sure I gave out no receipts, or else log into the tills by one of the girls staff numbers as he'd noticed they had my rather catholic Irish surname on them, instead of just my first name. Numerous associates of the mad dog were pointed out to me that day by other fellas at work - and by the end of the night we were just praying for a quiet end to proceedings.

I was in a bar in Temecula, Ca in Januaray - a great spot called the tilted kilt. It's a chain of bars - like hooters, except the food and the girls are better. Anyway - as the night wore on we realized there were a lot of pass remarkably sterioded types in - with the ed hardy t shirts and the biceps ripping out of them, and that the mood was starting to get a little tense in the place. All of a sudden a belt buckle came flying across the front of the bar from one group of these eejits and took the head off a fella in a rival group. All hell broke loose, there were chairs flying and waitresses running for cover.

Come to think of it - it was a bit like wetherspoons.

Orior

The Hole in the Wall, Antrim Road, Belfast.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Blowitupref

The roughest pub i've been to was in Inverness close to the train station but can't remember it's name?

I was in Wetherspoons Belfast last thursday night for their curry night..place was packed does it usually have trouble?

Your right about the tilted kilt better women & food.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sammymaguire

Went in to the Victoria Inn, Barrack Street Armagh to ask for directions....  :-\

I think I was lucky to walk out again ( I was looking for the cathedral )
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ziggysego

I've not being, but I hear Ruby's some spot.
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Iceman

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 18, 2011, 09:02:39 PM
Went in to the Victoria Inn, Barrack Street Armagh to ask for directions....  :-\

I remember a mate of mine running in for a carry out one night and 20 minutes later he hadn't emerged (me and his brother out in the car waiting) after a lot of sweating we plucked up the courage to go in after him and face whatever was there. Went in and there he was playing the poker machine in the corner. A few punters looked our way but nobody said anything. Needless to say we hightailed it out of there and laughed about it all after......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

5 Sams

Quote from: The Iceman on April 18, 2011, 09:30:37 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on April 18, 2011, 09:02:39 PM

I remember a mate of mine running in for a carry out one night and 20 minutes later he hadn't emerged (me and his brother out in the car waiting) after a lot of sweating we plucked up the courage to go in after him and face whatever was there. Went in and there he was playing the poker machine in the corner. A few punters looked our way but nobody said anything. Needless to say we hightailed it out of there and laughed about it all after......

Mad bastards ;)
The Aristocrat Years