Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NAG1 on October 19, 2015, 09:55:51 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 19, 2015, 09:26:11 AM
i have to fancy Sneill this weekend for the final. They seem to have an edge about them this season that they are on a mission to win everything.

I thought Cdall were lucky to get past them last season and the year before that they gave Lgiel a good scare as well. They have good solid hurlers all over the pitch. They did a job on Ballycran whereas Cdall struggled past Middletown.

Just think this will be Sneills year.

I wouldnt be drawn into looking at previous results. The way this season has gone has shown that when it comes to an arm wrestle Cushendall have come out on top. There is also now that threat of goals from them which could be the difference, yes they didnt make the most of it but the threat is still there.

Sneill are a good side and have the momentum, but I would guard against writing Cushendall off just yet.

Not writing the dall off, i think that Sneill will be well ready for this game. Spoke to a few of their supporters recently and all they wanted was another crack at Cdall after last year. They felt that they should of won the first game, probably should have when you look back at it again.

Hopefully i get down to this game, should be a good one
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 19, 2015, 01:41:38 PM
i have to fancy Sneill this weekend for the final. They seem to have an edge about them this season that they are on a mission to win everything.

I thought Cdall were lucky to get past them last season and the year before that they gave Lgiel a good scare as well. They have good solid hurlers all over the pitch. They did a job on Ballycran whereas Cdall struggled past Middletown.

I wouldnt be drawn into looking at previous results. The way this season has gone has shown that when it comes to an arm wrestle Cushendall have come out on top. There is also now that threat of goals from them which could be the difference, yes they didnt make the most of it but the threat is still there.

Sneill are a good side and have the momentum, but I would guard against writing Cushendall off just yet.

Not writing the dall off, i think that Sneill will be well ready for this game. Spoke to a few of their supporters recently and all they wanted was another crack at Cdall after last year. They felt that they should of won the first game, probably should have when you look back at it again.

Yeah I didnt think you were writing them off DR

I just think when it comes to it there should be enough in the tank for them to pip Sneill dont imagine there will be a pile in it either road.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 19, 2015, 01:41:38 PM

Cushendall were 7 or 8 points up in the first match. I'd say they should have won the first match.
It'll be a very tight match. 2 good teams & hard to call.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Thats true but they threw that lead away in the second half. I thought that Sneill had the game won as the momentum was with them big time. Cdall dug deep and came back to get level at the end up.

If we get as good a game as last time i will be happy.
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Hope ur rite DR, I'm hoping for a nice wee lift from PPower on Monday next.  S'neil  by 2 at least. Hopefully that prediction does not make me a bad person in some eyes?   Wouldn't do to have a difference of opinion now would it!

Hand up

I've no issue with you supporting Rangers is you so wish, it's the misinformed drivel you come out with that gets on everybody's wick!!

johnneycool

Was talking to a Cran man this evening and he was telling me their league game with loughgeil didn't go the distance, says a high profile Loughgeil player was throwing the timber about recklessly and started it off.

Obviously there's three sides to every story but surprised that wasn't mentioned on here!!!

8)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on October 19, 2015, 09:07:55 PM
Was talking to a Cran man this evening and he was telling me their league game with loughgeil didn't go the distance, says a high profile Loughgeil player was throwing the timber about recklessly and started it off.

Obviously there's three sides to every story but surprised that wasn't mentioned on here!!!

8)
Hopefully SIE will clear things up.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 19, 2015, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 19, 2015, 09:07:55 PM

8)
Hopefully SIE will clear things up.
sorry, I know nothing about it. Wasn't at it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Rumours of white smoke appearing over Belfast. Maybe an announcement regarding the country manager job imminent?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 20, 2015, 11:09:24 AM
Rumours of white smoke appearing over Belfast. Maybe an announcement regarding the country manager job imminent?
You gonna give us a clue SIE?  :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 20, 2015, 11:12:28 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 20, 2015, 11:09:24 AM
You gonna give us a clue SIE?  :D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

http://www.hoganstand.com/Hurling/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=245812

McNaughton could quit Antrim
20 October 2015

Cushendall and Antrim star Shane McNaughton. INPHO
Shane McNaughton's Antrim career could be over due to the increased demands being placed on intercounty players.

The 27-year-old sharpshooter, who has missed two years due to a hip injury, will represent his club Cushendall in Sunday's Ulster club hurling final against Slaughtneil. But he says he may restrict himself to club hurling in the future:

"Personally, I don't think it's possible to do the two. It's turning into a college player's game. I don't have a wife or kids but anyone who has, it must be nearly impossible for them to play intercounty hurling," the Ruairi Og man told The Irish News.

"Down south, they get the rewards for it. But, realistically, if you're playing in the Christy Ring, you're not going to go out and leave your kids five nights a week Not for that.

"I've enjoyed doing different things rather than jut giving hurling my complete attention. That's one thing I've learned during my time out injured - trying to get a bit of balance back in my life.

"Playing club hurling, you can have that balance. Playing intercounty hurling, there's no balance. It's a professional game played by amateurs. There's just too much involved now. It's getting a bit crazy, it's evolving every year. It's something I'll decide down the line; I'm just concentrating on the club right now."

Na Glinntí Glasa

read that there in todays Irish News. seems to be a growing trend with the commitment levels expected off players these days.
hurl like f**k boi!