Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

haranguerer

I think its just that this board is full of cynical smartarses who pour scorn on everything that any other county does, and begrudge all success that isn't their own i.e its representative of irish society.
Well, f**k the begrudgers!
On another note, it pisses me off that my swear words are censored - I'm an adult for fucks sake. It did it again. f**k f**k, fuckity f**k. f**k the f**king f**kers. Bastards. c***ts. Aha!!

FermPundit

I read in the Fermanagh Herald today that the Corner Bar in Enniskillen has been re-painted in green and white in preparation for the Ulster Final. Fair play to them. Is there much happening in the other towns in the county with regards bunting, flags etc? I would like to think most towns will make a good effort. It's not often we get to finals after all!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

Was driving by St Tiernach's Park today and noticed all the exterior walls at the road end have been painted green, coincidence? When was that done? Don't think I've been to a match in Clones yet this year.
The Orangies are leading the battle for colour in the county so far from what I've seen, not the Armagh ones.

haranguerer

I got a look into the ground itself, and the pitch is green too. The signs are all there.

FermGael

Fermanagh SeniorFixtures 15.07.08 - 22.07.08

Tuesday 15th July

Summer League Section C @ 8.00pm
Erne Gaels v Teemore

Wednesday 16th July

Summer League Section B @ 8.00pm
Roslea v Brookeboro

Friday 18th July

Fermanagh Herald SFL Div 2 @ 7.30pm
Kinawley v Aughadrumsee

Summer League @ 7.30pm
Section A
Tempo v Belcoo

Section B
Roslea v St.Patricks
Brookeboro v Newtownbutler

Section C
Enniskillen v Devenish
St.Josephs v Teemore
Irvinestown v Erne Gaels

Tuesday 22nd July

Swift Super Valu Reserve 'A' FC Semifinal @ 7.30pm
(Replays Saturday 26th July @ 6.30pm)
Teemore/Devenish v Tempo
Roslea v Lisnaskea

Swift Super Valu Reserve 'B' FC Semi-final @ 7.30pm
(Replays Saturday 26th July @ 6.30pm)
Belcoo v St.Josephs @ Irvinestown
Irvinestown v Erne Gaels @ Derrygonnelly

Well i have not said to much about the summer league but it really not been taking seriously by many clubs and the county board are also treating it with the same disdain.
Midweek games on a Tuesday and a Wednesday.  One in Roslea and the other in Belleek.  I am sure all teams have Belfast or Dublin based players.
Thats means some of the players will do well to be home for midnight.  That just is unacceptable.
Then i see they is a Div 2 game fixed for Friday night between Kinawley and Aughadrumsee.   Take it the county players will not be involved, so that will put Kinawley at a distinct disadvantage.  Wonder why they have decided to play that one??

It seems to me that the club player has been sacrificed for the good of the county.  I have no problem with that but if Fermanagh win on Sunday I would guess you might get a round or 2 of league fixtures in and  first round of the championship played before the players are withdrawn again.  If they get beat, the qualifers are in 2 weeks and that means at least a 3 week wait until the leagues/championship resumes.  Either way i think the club player in fermanagh will be looking at games in October and November. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tintin25

With regards the Kinawley/Aughadrumsee re-fixture, the County Board said that it has to be played before the Ulster Final otherwise both sides will get zero pts. I'm not sure whether Doherty will play or not but there were rumours that he'll be allowed too.....Bogue is injured anyway. As you say FermGael the interests of the Club player are being ignored. On another note, what about the prices of all this Fermanagh merchandise?!! Seems to me your paying well over the odds for stuff....maybe I'm just tight but they are still selling polo shirts from 04 in shops and charging about 25 quid!

FermPundit

I heard that the wee flags for the car cost something like £8. I certainly won't be buying them if those prices are being charged.

FermGael

Seen those polo shirts from 04.  you can get them on line for £20 at the gaastore.  the new ones cost £29.
The big problem with the gear is it is from Gaelic gear.  Was in the supporters shop over the weekend and have to say liked the look of the new drill top.
Was told that it was sold out and they had no idea when they would be getting more in.
Was told they was a huge demand for stuff but Gaelic gear could not keep up.
Fermanagh should head back to O'Neills asap.
As for Sunday, quietly confident.  Have never heard so many people talking about Gaelic within the county which can only be good.
O'Rourke's team selection will be interesting and i think he will have a surprise or 2. 

Gold

there are a serious amount of flags and bunting in Teemore and Derrylin, they have done the County proud!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

FermGael

enniskillen is being done as i type

FermPundit

Quote from: FermGael on July 15, 2008, 07:02:54 PM

Are there any flags and bunting going up in the town centre?

inisceithleann

Quote from: FermPundit on July 15, 2008, 07:05:30 PM

Yous fellas should drive down the road and give a helping hand.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

FermGael

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 15, 2008, 07:12:40 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on July 15, 2008, 07:05:30 PM

Yous fellas should drive down the road and give a helping hand.

Town center is being done
As for giving a hand, there are enough chiefs as it is.  they would not want any more

Onion Bag

Quote from: FermPundit on July 14, 2008, 02:11:26 PM
I heard that the wee flags for the car cost something like £8. I certainly won't be buying them if those prices are being charged.

Would it have anything to do with the fact that Fermanagh is beside Cavan and the old purse strings are very tight, your county is in the ulster final decorate the town, cars, basically anything
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Erne Gael

Whats the story with the club scene now. What clubs have qualified for the knock out stages of the Summer League? are clubs still training away, challenge matches etc?