The official 2010/2011 Premier league thread.

Started by stew, May 24, 2010, 05:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Ok here it is, United to win the league, followed by city and Chelski third, a power shift wll take place and I want to know our predictions.

Mine are:

United
City
Chelski
Spuds
Arsenil
Villa
Liverpool
Everton
Fulham

This table would shake things up, what are our thoughts.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AFS

Pointless to attempt predictions this early in the Summer.

paco

Chelsea are still able to spend big, so I think they'll be favourites next year. City likewise but I can't see them making second.

Chelsea
Arsenal
United
City
Spurs
Liverpool
Villa

ross4life

Yup far to early for this thread but judging by last season Chelsea & united finished at least 10 points ahead of the rest without playing at there best! maybe if city spend another 200 million they might close that gap?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stew

Quote from: ross4life on May 24, 2010, 06:40:24 PM
Yup far to early for this thread but judging by last season Chelsea & united finished at least 10 points ahead of the rest without playing at there best! maybe if city spend another 200 million they might close that gap?

They should have kept Sparky, that was thier biggest mistake.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ross4life

Ok time to bump this thread...

If Man City don't finish in the top 4 this season the owners should be sent packing

Hard to see past United/Chelsea for the title again, let battle commence  8)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ballinaman

Can't wait either, should be great. Can't see passed United or Chelsea either. Arsenal will be the same old same old, flatter to deceive.

I really hope it goes tits up for city but it's hard to see it happening, Manchini has a ridiculous amount of talent at his disposal, pressure will be on. I expect them to make a great start but how they will last will be interesting.

Liverpool - Only way is up, surely it couldn't get any worse than last year. Spurs, will they push on from last year or do an Everton from a few years ago and fall back after a great season? Villa....good night and good luck after losing O'Neil I'm afraid.

On a side note.....

How is Hernandez getting away with "Chicharito" on the back of his jersey (which actually kinda annoys me, whats the bets eejits will try and shorten it to "Chica" which translates as girl from spanish)

While Carlos Tevez wasn't allowed to have "Carlitos" on his jersey?

ballinaman

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Cesc-Fabregas-could-join-Barcelona-in-January-when-Arsenal-are-out-of-title-race-says-Xavi/9425/

Barcelona midfielder Xavi expressed his disappointment with the club's failure to land Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas , but, echoing remarks made by the Catalan club's vice president, stressed that the transfer was not dead.

"We've given up on the idea of him arriving now, but maybe he'll come in January when Arsenal are out of the Premier League title race," he was quoted as saying by Tuttomercato. "Their team are just not competitive."

"Arsenal are wrong to have forced him to remain there, they can't just hold him against his will," added the Barcelona vice captain.

Fabregas accepted at the weekend that he wouldn't be moving to Barcelona after Arsenal rejected a final 40-million-euro bid for the midfielder from the Nou Camp outfit.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admitted that Fabregas was torn between staying at the Gunners and moving to Barcelona, but hailed the player for his "respect."

Lawrence of Knockbride

take_yer_points

Quote from: ballinaman on August 10, 2010, 02:47:01 AM
Can't wait either, should be great. Can't see passed United or Chelsea either. Arsenal will be the same old same old, flatter to deceive.

I really hope it goes tits up for city but it's hard to see it happening, Manchini has a ridiculous amount of talent at his disposal, pressure will be on. I expect them to make a great start but how they will last will be interesting.

Liverpool - Only way is up, surely it couldn't get any worse than last year. Spurs, will they push on from last year or do an Everton from a few years ago and fall back after a great season? Villa....good night and good luck after losing O'Neil I'm afraid.

On a side note.....

How is Hernandez getting away with "Chicharito" on the back of his jersey (which actually kinda annoys me, whats the bets eejits will try and shorten it to "Chica" which translates as girl from spanish)

While Carlos Tevez wasn't allowed to have "Carlitos" on his jersey?

Bit like Benitez who was playing for Birmingham (I think) last year - he had Chu Chu or something like that on the back of his jersey

paco

City will make the top 4 but I think that'll be it. There's no way they'll get a settled team but, at the same time, with all those players they're bound to score for fun. The defence will be brutal though. Mancini will have a tough time dealing with all the egos, especially if that gobshite Balotelli comes in! United looked impressive on Sunday but I reckon Chelsea will still be the team who comes out on top.

ross4life

Things that are likely to happen this season ;)

1.) Liverpool fans claiming to have the best team ever after beating Blackpool 6-0

2.) Arsenal kids being hyped up as best ever as they beat some no mark team in the league cup and follow it up by a loss against someone decent

3.) Ferguson banning at least 1 journalist every month

4.) Arsenal fans moaning about the physical nature of opposition teams as they once again get undone against lower table opposition

5.) John Terry being involved in some scandal or another most likely cheating on his misses again and his misses forgiving him.

6.) Bolton to finish 13th and an early exits from all cups

7.) Mancini to be sacked by Christmas

8.) Tevez to start bitching for the 10250th time about how United did not make him feel loved

9.) Sky Sports will claim it's "Super Sunday" despite the fixtures actually being Bolton v Wigan in the morning followed by Blackpool v Stoke

10.) Spurs crashes out of the CL early, goes through a poor spell and are in mid-table by December. Then makes an almighty effort and gets back to 5th by end of season, only to miss out the 4th spot

11.) Manchester City will pay silly money for an overrated striker in the January transfer window

12.) A player from a big 4 club that doesn't win the title will get injured for few months, it will then be claimed by the fans that had he been fit they would have won it.

13.) Fergie will complain about there being no value in the market & categorically state that Hargreaves is 3 weeks away from a return

14.) United will be 'out of the title race' about 6 times and be 'right back in it' about 7 times

15.) If city beat united once then they will be claimed the kings of Manchester

16.) There will be another Chelsea fan caught on camera brushing his teeth

17.) The World Cup will be blamed for players being tired during the season

18.) Pundits will mention how great it is to listen to football crowds and not vuvuzelas

19.) Joe Cole will score more goals than he did last season.

20.) Carlos Tevez will score fewer goals this season than he did last

Wanna add some more??

muppet

21) Roscommon relegated to Division 5.

22) "Rooney the White Pele" title to return after he scores 6 goals against the team that beat Arsenal kids in the Carling Cup (see 2) above)

23) Lots of pundits will find reasons to call for 'technology for referees' and talk about Lampard's 'goal'.

24) Rooney wins player of the universe, a Nobel prize and wins Stephen Cluxton's All-Star.

25) At least one more Premiership Club will go bankrupt.

26) Top 4: Chelski, Arse, ManUre, Moneychester.

27) Bottom 3: WBA, Blackpool, Stoke (Villa just survive the 'too big to go' down battle).
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2010, 07:56:09 PM
21) Roscommon relegated to Division 5.

Wouldn't be surprised after all some big teams in Division 4 like Longford  ;)