The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 15, 2009, 11:12:12 PM
whoever wins friday night, they have a tough assignment against granemore in the semi final

Agree with that Berfa - one step at a time. There's a great opportunity for all the teams left in the Championship.

We'll need no reminding - if we get there - that Granemore will be tough to beat - they gave us an awful going over up in Granemore about six weeks ago.   :-[

ITS KAAAT

Harps fan.

Hope the harps can beat them clans 2mara nite in the replay.

I would love to see joe Quigley return for the clash 2mara nite.
useful for 5 r 6 points.

It was be nice to see peadar toal and joe play together.

Good Luck Harps.

BenDover

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 14, 2009, 11:23:09 PM
Dont know were this talk of joe returning to the team, hamstring is bad enough, will struggle to make semi date

As Spirit has said doubtful if Joe features though spirit has been known to tell the odd fib  :P

nashville

Any thoughts on team selection? Will McCoy start this week after getting a half last week? Anyone hazard a guess at the starting team?

BerfArmagh

I think swift & Vernon need to start in the middle. Maybe even philly, with swift at CHF. Keep peadar in FF & bring mc coy onto the wing. Kevin kelly would be a strong option in the ff line, maybe at the expense of ebby.

Rufus T Firefly

Great to get the win on Friday evening. A report of the match has been added to the Club website and can be read by clicking on the link below.

http://armaghharps.com/index.php?page=news-offers

winsamsoon

Well done on friday night lads best team won on the night without a doubt the old saying goals win games was highly relevant. Good luck against Granemore lads.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

stew

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 20, 2009, 12:31:20 AM
Great to get the win on Friday evening. A report of the match has been added to the Club website and can be read by clicking on the link below.

http://armaghharps.com/index.php?page=news-offers

Thanks for the report Rufus.

is kevin kelly not county material? every time I see a report he is knocking in scores all over the place.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tyrones own

No mention of Holmes at all in that report...how's he doing these day's?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

BerfArmagh

Good win friday night. Nippy, Peadar & Young mc coy were the pick of the bunch for me. SHould be a good game against granemore....

V funny, Harpo the only player on the pitch facing the wrong way for the anthem. That said he also played v well

BTW, clanns player was at least 3-4 feet outside the area for the penalty.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 20, 2009, 07:32:43 PM
No mention of Holmes at all in that report...how's he doing these day's?

I'm afraid that's down to the nature of the reports which are essentially a run through of the scores. Collie is still in my mind the leader of the team and the one that the other players would look up to.

For the match itself, Collie started off at centre half back but in the second half moved to full back and in my opinion gave a commanding performance that helped settle a lot of nerves when Clan na Gael threatened a comeback.   

Abble

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 21, 2009, 10:32:11 AM

100% correct Berf, I was on the line doin some photography and could also see that. was disappointing in that earlier an umpire made good effort to notify ref of some misdemeanours, but he couldnt tell ref that the foul was well outside the area ! holmes definitely does get a raw deal.

BenDover

Quote from: Abble on September 21, 2009, 12:12:05 PM
100% correct Berf, I was on the line doin some photography and could also see that. was disappointing in that earlier an umpire made good effort to notify ref of some misdemeanours, but he couldnt tell ref that the foul was well outside the area ! holmes definitely does get a raw deal.

ye musta got yousrelf some sterling then Abble  :D :D :D

Candyman

Quote from: Abble on September 21, 2009, 12:12:05 PM

Abble I'd pay money for any prints ye have of me... but there are none!!!!  >:(
Can't even get on to the field for the super-sub halftime show... lol   :D

nashville

Good win friday night. Nippy, Peadar & Young mc coy were the pick of the bunch for me. SHould be a good game against granemore....

Funny that, I thought Peadar was way below usual standard and didn't really stand out aside from his goal. He then went off injured at half-time so I must have missed something...