SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

i believe a demand for equal snow rights is winging its way via carrier pigeon to downing street.
Its Grim up North

Tubberman

It's been snowing on and off in Dublin all morning. Or, as I heard on Newstalk it was 'snailing' - a mix of snow and hail  :D
Had some craic driving through Citywest at 8 o'clock. There were hardly any cars in the Business Park and roads were lethal, skidded across the road going round a bend.
Promised to get heavy snow in the afternoon
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Longshanks

Wish some snow would hit Belfast, council can't cope with a bit of snow its great craic!!! :D :D

Also bus' are dodgey enough in this weather never mind snow!! :o

Canalman

An inch or two of the stuff here in West Dublin.

D4S

Just started in Newry, very light snow but the sky is about 50% blue so can't see there being too much here!  Anyone further inland Armagh, Ballygawley, Omagh? Have to drive home this evening.  Hope it snows heavy tonight and I get a lazy day tomorrow:)
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

full back

Fcuk all snow in Belfast....mind you it would freeze the balls off a brass monkey

lfdown2

what a god send just had an awful session of a weekend wake up this morn at 9 shit myself looked out and thank god cant get out

D4S

Quote from: lfdown2 on February 02, 2009, 01:32:40 PM
what a god send just had an awful session of a weekend wake up this morn at 9 shit myself looked out and thank god cant get out

I presume you're in England?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

muppet

Watched Boris Johnson on BBC News.

He said, pointing to the sky, " that's quite an impressive performance of snowing you've just put on but that is quite enough thank you".

I wish Brian Cowen would do something like that.
MWWSI 2017

Caid

Aye snowed in in London here meself.  At least 6 inches here now and its still coming down.  Think the office may shut down tomorrow too.  If I had of known I would have stayed up for the end of the Super Bowl!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: D4S on February 02, 2009, 01:11:59 PM
Just started in Newry, very light snow but the sky is about 50% blue so can't see there being too much here!  Anyone further inland Armagh, Ballygawley, Omagh? Have to drive home this evening.  Hope it snows heavy tonight and I get a lazy day tomorrow:)

None in Armagh yet.

Hereiam

Hearing reports of snowfall around Ballygawley & Omagh. Anyone confirm

EC Unique

Quote from: D4S on February 02, 2009, 01:11:59 PM

Ballygawley has had a few showers but clear at present.  :)

longball

O the weather outside is frightful................
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

billy the kid

Quote from: longball on February 02, 2009, 03:05:35 PM
O the weather outside is frightful................

........And a day of work is delightful....
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!