Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Quote from: southdown on October 03, 2007, 04:29:00 PM
What time is the minor game?  I heard on Sunday they are doing an opening ceremony for the new stand, thats probably got something to do with it being at 4.
For God's sake they knew they were having an opening ceremony 6 months ago! It wasn't just decided yesterday. Is there any reason why it has been changed or is some fecker just feckin about for the sake of it.
Having our county football final shown live on National TV was a great opportunity for the county Board and all of us to show the rest of the country what the GAA means to Down people. That opportunity has been lost and I for one would like to know why.
Showing the match deferred is better than nothing but is nowhere near as good a live broadcast.

Townie

Who gives a fcuk! bet it will be a load of shite anyway! ;D

Lecale2

Well what about this football final on Sunday? I'll not be at it due to another match I have to attend but I expect the Bridge to win handy enough. Probably a 5 point win at the end in a ppor game.
Good luck to Liatoim hurlers in the Ulster Championship v Eoghan Rua from Derry.

downredblack

I'm hoping for a great game , and am going for the underdogs with a big performance from Ambrose .

downredblack

Down 'Masters' qualify for All-Ireland final against Mayo
04 October 2007

Down have qualified for the All-Ireland 'Masters' over-'forties football final with a convincing 2-12 to 1-9 win over Tyrone at Healy Park. Omagh on Monday evening last, October.

Goals from former Mourne county star Mickey Linden and Robbie Coulter guided the Down veterans safely through to a meeting with Mayo which will be held next Saturday, October 6th in Crowe Park, Lacken, Co. Cavan.
The opening half of this game on Monday evening was close and interesting with the Down side holding the advantage at the break and leading by 2-3 to 0-6, their second goal coming just before the break from Robbie Coulter.

Looks like Ross and Possibly DJ (is he playing with the masters? ) wont make the county final . ::)

All-Ireland 'Masters' Finals this Saturday at Co. Cavan venue
04 October 2007

The Masters Football Finals will take place at Crowe Park, Lacken, Co. Cavan this Saturday, 6th of October. The itinerary for the day is as follows – 1 p.m. Shield Final: Antrim v Roscommon; 2.30 p.m. Masters Trophy Final: Longford v Derry; 4 p.m. Masters Final: Down v Mayo.

Mayo are the current All-Ireland 'Masters champions and will be hoping to take back-to-back titles on this occasion. They are led by former county midfielder, Pat Fallon and have a very strong side on duty in this final.

Their opponents, Down have a number of All-Ireland medal winners in their side including Brendan McKernan, Ross Carr, Gary Mason and Mickey Linden, and in their most recent outing they defeated a strong Tyrone side in Healy Park, Omagh when Robbie Coulter was their top marksmen.
The Mourne side know they have a tough task ahead of them to overcome the reigning champions, but like all Down sides down the years in championship football they will relish the challenge.
Longford may not be reaching the heights of 2005 when they took All-Ireland 'Masters' honours, but they still remain one of the hardest teams to beat in this grade of football. Their Masters Trophy Final game with Derry also on Saturday at the Lacken venue should be interesting to say the least. The Oak Leaf county side will include All-Ireland medal winners in the Downey brothers, Tony Scullion and Enda Gormley, and according to reports the Derry side have improved with every outing this season. With a trophy at stake we can expect a big effort from both sides.
Antrim and Roscommon open the proceedings in the Masters Shield Final and this game has the early start of 1 p.m.
Overall, the fare at the Crowe Park, Lacken venue this Saturday, 6th of October should produce a feast of good open football and will afford GAA enthusiasts the opportunity of seeing once again many of the 'greats' of the game in recent years in action once again on the competitive stage.

Down had the better of the exchanges in the third quarter and added to their half-time total with points from Brendan McKernan and Robbie Coulter. Tyrone staged a late comeback with Paddy McGuigan converting three frees. However, it came too late as the Mourne side held on to their lead, and booked their place in the All-Ireland decider this coming Saturday afternoon.
Down scorers were – Robbie Coulter 1-6, 0-4 from frees; Mickey Linden 1-0, Brendan McKernan 0-3, one free; S. Devlin 0-2 and C. Smyth 0-1.
Tyrone marksmen were – Paddy McGuigan 0-4 from frees; A. McGahan and S. Meyler 0-2 apiece and J. McCaskie 0-1.

up down

Stop having a winge, ur obviously from the mighty ford! i hope u's go down, ure a bunch of posers aswell :-*   i think u might be having a relationship with townie, fight your own battles dont get other 3rd parties involved, if down are to get better they must ban all bryansford players. ne thoughts?
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 02, 2007, 11:32:22 AM
Quote from: up down on October 01, 2007, 11:17:54 PM
i agree with south down for once in that young gibney should get chance. also heard rumors that ciaran rogers from the 'stone was asked to join the county panel, a nippy defender with a good work ethic but can be a bit yella at times.
from the squad that has been announced its lookin like another depressing year from down, the players arent there not the managements fault.
bryansford are the worst team in division 1 apart from attical their performance the other day was terrible. castlewellan should just give up aswell, bunch of posers!

Who to fu~k are you and where did you come in from?

Did you think that any particular squad was going to change things? We all know the problems are out there.

Just because Bryansford had a bad day it doesnt make them the worst team - they had 21 points usually enough to see you safe but with the league being so tight this year it went to the wire with Castlewellan getting a great win against the County Finalists Longstone to finish with 22 points - if Bryansford are as bad as a p***k like you is stating then just give mayobridge the cup today as Longstone wont be a threat at all especially with a 'yella corner back' in their team.
I know we had a bad day on Saturday and stated it here but we arent gone yet - Saturday is the biggest test for Bryansford in a long time and I will be confident of a result.
As for Castlewellan being posers perhaps Townie could reply to that one.

dundrumite

Quote from: up down on October 04, 2007, 04:20:17 PM
Stop having a winge, ur obviously from the mighty ford! i hope u's go down, ure a bunch of posers aswell :-*   i think u might be having a relationship with townie, fight your own battles dont get other 3rd parties involved, if down are to get better they must ban all bryansford players. ne thoughts?
Quote from: spiritof91and94 on October 02, 2007, 11:32:22 AM
Quote from: up down on October 01, 2007, 11:17:54 PM
i agree with south down for once in that young gibney should get chance. also heard rumors that ciaran rogers from the 'stone was asked to join the county panel, a nippy defender with a good work ethic but can be a bit yella at times.
from the squad that has been announced its lookin like another depressing year from down, the players arent there not the managements fault.
bryansford are the worst team in division 1 apart from attical their performance the other day was terrible. castlewellan should just give up aswell, bunch of posers!

Who to fu~k are you and where did you come in from?

Did you think that any particular squad was going to change things? We all know the problems are out there.

Just because Bryansford had a bad day it doesnt make them the worst team - they had 21 points usually enough to see you safe but with the league being so tight this year it went to the wire with Castlewellan getting a great win against the County Finalists Longstone to finish with 22 points - if Bryansford are as bad as a p***k like you is stating then just give mayobridge the cup today as Longstone wont be a threat at all especially with a 'yella corner back' in their team.
I know we had a bad day on Saturday and stated it here but we arent gone yet - Saturday is the biggest test for Bryansford in a long time and I will be confident of a result.
As for Castlewellan being posers perhaps Townie could reply to that one.

My only thought is your a shit stirrring p***k who should piss off to the hogan stand if you insist in posting complete unproductive bollocks.

umpire

Lads, let hear  your guess of who you think will be man of match  between Stone and Bridge on Sunday's Senior final?

Mourne Rover

Drici, as you probably know, the Longstone banner you mention refers to a school in Dundonald. This is of course in Co Down, but Dundonald gaels tend to keep a fairly low profile.

amallon

Umpire - I think the Bridge should be good enough to win it but the Stone are one of the few teams in Down that can really test us.  The Stone will have massive support and every neutral in the crowd almost to a man will be behind them.  If the Stone get a head of steam built up and the crowd start to sense to prospect of the stone taking our scalp we could have a torrid afternoon.   Hopefully its a good game for the TV but I doubt either team will mind if they have to win ugly.  I'm obviously biased in think that the Bridge will win, what do the neutrals think?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

downredblack

Will we get a pint before the match on Sunday ?

DownFanatic

Our county and especially our County Senior team need Longstone to win on Sunday.

amallon

QuoteOur county and especially our County Senior team need Longstone to win on Sunday.

And why would that be??
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 05, 2007, 04:11:20 PM
Our county and especially our County Senior team need Longstone to win on Sunday.

Very strange - why the county senior team?

Anyway, Bryansford head to Castlewellan tomorrow to play leitrim to stay in the top flight - I cant see us turning it around and sadly predict a fall to div 2 and after that I dont want to think about it - we will lose a lot of players if we go down and dont have the replacements coming through.

southdown

Sure Longstone only have one County player, cant see a Longstone victory helping the county.

AMallon, how do you see it going?  I think its quit like the build up to this years Cork v Kerry AIF:  it could be a real close game with the chance of the underdogs claiming a surprise win......or the inevitable could happen and the favourites will win with ease.  Lets the hope the latter doesnt and we can claim a famous win!

On another note, I think the CB have made 2 c**k ups already on this final: Firstly, the delayed kick off which has ruined the live transmisiion.  And secondly, making the seated stand all ticket might be a bad move.  Most people I know will just pay to go to the terraces rather than going through the hassle of finding a ticket.  Dont be surprised if the stand is half empty.

Some buzz around the Stone at the minute, its class.