Shootings and slash hook attacks at Smithfield horse fair

Started by Tubberman, March 07, 2011, 09:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Surely this has to lead to the closure of the horse fair.
Gardaí have to deploy 7 times the amount of personnel to cover this event than they normally would for a similar sized event - mounted police, public order unit, air support etc all required.
And they still manage to shoot two people and seriously injure another with a slash-hook

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Capt Pat

Denn Forever

Are there similar faction fights at the Balinasloe Horse fair?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 07, 2011, 11:12:31 AM
That was more of a faction fight than a horse fare.

part of heritage/ culture, ethnic minorities, small number of people bringing down our good name, right to trade here been doing it for 500 years, etc. There were nine times the usual Garda presence for this type of event on duty including the Garda helicoptor, public order unit, mounted Gardai and dog units, all this for a horse fair. GTFO, if Rangers and Celtic were playing a match there to decide the SPL, there wouldn't need to be many more Garda on duty. Time for it to end, horses, guns, slash hooks in a center city location. Madness. Not to mention animal welfare and the cost of the clean up to the tax payer, which none of the profits made at the fair go to, it is farily safe to say.

Banana Man

heard on 2FM earlier that one of the victims was a promising boxer and they went for his good arm with a slash hook, nearly severed it off, apparently his career is over, any ideas who it was?

apparently it's front page of the (mexican edition) sun newspaper

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Banana Man on March 08, 2011, 10:50:15 AM
heard on 2FM earlier that one of the victims was a promising boxer and they went for his good arm with a slash hook, nearly severed it off, apparently his career is over, any ideas who it was?

::)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tubberman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 08, 2011, 01:44:12 PM

They really do a lot to push the agenda for reunification, don't they?  ::)
If I was a conspiracy theorist, I could say they were unionists in disguise, trying to drive a wedge between the nothern nationalists and the citizens of the Republic.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on March 08, 2011, 01:49:34 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 08, 2011, 01:44:12 PM

They really do a lot to push the agenda for reunification, don't they?  ::)
If I was a conspiracy theorist, I could say they were unionists in disguise, trying to drive a wedge between the nothern nationalists and the citizens of the Republic.

In the brave new Sinn Féin-Gerry Adams Nirvana all insults will be directed North to South, it is racist, partitonist, unjust, hypocritial, undemocratic, cruel, unfair etc. for even the most harmless jest to be directed South to North. Its in the Good Friday Agreement ya know.

Banana Man

or a different theory is we have realised how big a bunch of hypocritcal freestate partionists you's are and we want feck all to do with you

interesting how you ignored this thread until you got your holes kicked on the other one then looked for low lying fruit - i tell you what if i ever darken a door in mayo again it will be too soon

Tubberman

Quote from: Banana Man on March 08, 2011, 02:04:13 PM
or a different theory is we have realised how big a bunch of hypocritcal freestate partionists you's are and we want feck all to do with you

interesting how you ignored this thread until you got your holes kicked on the other one then looked for low lying fruit - i tell you what if i ever darken a door in mayo again it will be too soon

:D FFS, relax will you. I only post on these threads as a bit of entertainment when I'm taking a break from work for a few mins.
That's why I don't spend hours posting arguments - I'm not running away from anything.
And you're welcome in Mayo anytime - you should visit the Peace Park while you're there  ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tubberman on March 08, 2011, 02:06:13 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on March 08, 2011, 02:04:13 PM

:D FFS, relax will you. I only post on these threads as a bit of entertainment when I'm taking a break from work for a few mins.
That's why I don't spend hours posting arguments - I'm not running away from anything.
And you're welcome in Mayo anytime - you should visit the Peace Park while you're there  ;)

Jaysus, sure I'm only bored too. Awful partitionist rants out of Bananaman  :D I still haven't got to have my dinner, now for an important debate, lamb chops or bbq ribs  ???

Brilliant Tubberman, brilliant, ROFL

mick999

He is named here:
http://www.thejournal.ie/teenager-has-arm-almost-severed-in-smithfield-horse-fair-fight-2011-03/

Banana Man

Quote from: mick999 on March 08, 2011, 03:02:26 PM

He is named here:
http://www.thejournal.ie/teenager-has-arm-almost-severed-in-smithfield-horse-fair-fight-2011-03/

cheers mick

tyssam5

The loss of either arm would nearly be enough to end a boxing career?

Banana Man

Quote from: tyssam5 on March 08, 2011, 05:59:17 PM

The loss of either arm would nearly be enough to end a boxing career?

:D fair point, it's just they focused on this on the news report