The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 06:48:38 PM
eamon when you were involved in sf gaa you were terrified of Connemara men never mind black men

Ha!  ;D

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 09, 2020, 06:53:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 06:34:52 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 05:43:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 05:30:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 05:19:46 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 05:14:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 09, 2020, 04:58:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 04:53:07 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 09, 2020, 04:46:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 04:33:26 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 04:18:38 PM
Meanwhile in San Francisco we have a city council member who wants to make it a crime if you call 911 on a black person and no crime had taken place , so in his opinion if you feel threatened or are worried about a potential situation you should wait until the person of color commits the crime before you call 911, turkeys voting for Christmas

So, in your opinion, all these people calling the police for no reason because they're personally nervous about black people is ok?

There should be no penalty for someone like the Central Park woman who called the cops on the black guy because he had the nerve to ask her to leash her dog in an area where it was supposed to be leashed?

As I have said on here a million times, most of the limousine liberals I know who lecture us about systemic racism and inequality would $hit themselves if a black person came within half a mile of them.

Wasn't this lady from Central Park a big Hillary supporter? Funny how all her social media postings have been wiped from the internet

MOST?

Even if so, so what?

Makes them hypocrites, not wrong.

So they can lecture all of us and donate heavily to politicians who support laws that impact other people, but not them. And you're okay with that?   Good for you

Why would such laws not impact them?

The Central Park woman was charged. Luckily for her, the man in question, felt that she had suffered enough and is not cooperating with the DA, so she may get off.

And why would you feel like you're being lectured to? Do you not agree with and support politicians who decry racism?
her being charged is probably more to do with pandering, a lunatic mayor and I'm sure a liberal da who's under pressure to release violent rioters and looters with no charge and yet charge a woman with a crime for calling the police because someone was hassling her . Now if that doesn't show the lunacy nothing does .

You'll have to provide a source for violent rioters and looters being released without charge.

And you must be a very sensitive, paranoid type if you think a man asking you to obey park rules for your dog in a birdwatching area is hassle worth calling the cops for.
nypd have pulled their officers out of da offices in lots of boroughs because they won't charge rioters , keep you head in the sand .

Maybe YOU should pay less attention to the right wing fever swamps.

The decision was not to prosecute curfew violations and minor stuff. NOT violent rioting and looting.
release the looters charge the person calling police because she's being hassled, that's all there is to know about society when these lunatics take over .

Once again, please provide evidence that looters aren't going to be charged.

And I'd rather live in a place where its not ok to call the cops on a black person for no reason, thank you. Question is why you apparently wouldn't?

So you see a person of Color "breaking" into a house in a neighborhood where there has been a rash of Burglaries. You call the cops.......what happens next?

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106963782

??

Eamonnca1

Copied from a friend

So if you didn't catch this mornings sh**show, it went basically like this:

The CDC put out its official recommendations and requirements states should meet before reopening schools.

Trump went to twitter, shitted on the CDC recommendations, demanding that k-12 schools fully open up in the fall. He threatened to cut federal funding if they do not.

Then the coronavirus task force held a press conference, minus Fauci, because he's on the President's shit list.

Betsy Devos said she really really really wants kids back in school. She does not know how to do this, offered no suggestions. Just that they need to open, and leaves it up to local officials to figure it out.

Vice President Pence said children are resilient. Basically made out of cartilage with healthy lungs. They probably won't get sick, so we shouldn't worry about them. There is also no disagreement between the CDC and Trump. Trump wants schools to open, and just doesn't want the CDC's guidelines to be the reason for schools not opening?

Yes, he actually said he doesn't want states to keep their schools closed just because their own CDC says it is not safe to open.

So the VP says, don't worry, let's bring up the Director of the CDC to clarify. -And I could've sworn I heard this guy gulp off camera.

But the director of the CDC comes up and says he also wants schools to open safely. He said he likes his job and wants to keep it, therefore, he is also in full agreement with Trump, despite the guidelines they released hours before.

So then Dr. Birx comes on and says half the country has seen a surge of new cases. The country is worse off than it was back at the start of all this. She said they should return to phase 1 and start all over.

Now, an astute reader may wonder how do half the states return to phase 1, and still expect to open by fall? Good question. ..... And while you were thinking about it, Birx tries to leave the podium.

But before she gets away, Pence stops her, suggests she 'talk about that other thing about the children'. She hesitates, then agrees.

She comes back up to the mic, says most children probably won't die. Maybe 0.02%. And usually the ones who die were already sick, so you parents at home may want to keep an eye on them. Oh- and we have virtually no data on how transmissible the virus is in children because we've barely tested any of them, but let me get out of your hair.

Pence comes back and says, see, we're good here.

————————-

So while all that is going Cuomo is holding his own press conference.

He says I don't even give a shit what Trump is saying. It's not worth responding to the clown. States control school openings, and we will do it as safely as possible, end of discussion.

Other states blew off our warnings, and now they are paying the price. You want to fix your states? Pull your heads out of your asses and follow our example.

—————————

And Fauci has gone total rogue. He has been giving interviews across the media spectrum, politely telling anyone who will listen that following trump's orders regarding the Coronavirus will lead to certain doom. Death and economic disaster on a scale never seen before. Please turn back while you still can.

And now you are filled in.

J70

But we need to re-elect him to make NFL players stand for the anthem and to keep those confederate statues in place!

Think that's about it for his pitch, so far.

Eamonnca1

Yup. If you don't stand to attention during the magic song, then the magic piece of cloth fluttering in the breeze won't freedom!

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 09, 2020, 07:47:22 PM
Yup. If you don't stand to attention during the magic song, then the magic piece of cloth fluttering in the breeze won't freedom!
lots of people died in 2 world wars for that flag ,lots of people in the north of Ireland died for their own flag and anthem too.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 07:59:55 PM
lots of people died in 2 world wars for that flag ,lots of people in the north of Ireland died for their own flag and anthem too.

Lots of people were forced to fight for that flag in Vietnam. 58,000 of them didn't come home.

Mr. Bonespurs was not one of them.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 08:19:19 PM

Lots of people were forced to fight for that flag in Vietnam. 58,000 of them didn't come home.

so did Bill Clinton and Lyndon Johnson was the president who sent troops there first , WHATS your point

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 09:00:55 PM

so did Bill Clinton and Lyndon Johnson was the president who sent troops there first , WHATS your point

I don't think either of those were jingoists who based their campaigns on rabble rousing about "respecting" the flag and the anthem.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 09:06:01 PM

I don't think either of those were jingoists who based their campaigns on rabble rousing about "respecting" the flag and the anthem.

I'll tell you what J70, this whole anthem nonsense really aggravates the $hit out of me. Players should do whatever the hell they want. Personally, I think they should Just stay in the locker room if they find the National Anthem objectionable, but that's just me

The NFL with their faux patriotism, all the while taking payments from the military. At the same time injured veterans are denied basic healthcare after having fought in a war that was based on a lie

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/nfl-dod-national-anthem-6f682cebc7cd/

I have an immediate family member (wife's nephew) who served in Afghanistan and ran a high profile advocacy program for injured vets when he finished in the military. His opinion is that he fought for the rights of people to stand or sit or kneel for the National Anthem and that a politician who actively dodged military service should stfu

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 09, 2020, 09:25:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 09:06:01 PM

I'll tell you what J70, this whole anthem nonsense really aggravates the $hit out of me. Players should do whatever the hell they want. Personally, I think they should Just stay in the locker room if they find the National Anthem objectionable, but that's just me

The NFL with their faux patriotism, all the while taking payments from the military. At the same time injured veterans are denied basic healthcare after having fought in a war that was based on a lie

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/nfl-dod-national-anthem-6f682cebc7cd/

I have an immediate family member (wife's nephew) who served in Afghanistan and ran a high profile advocacy program for injured vets when he finished in the military. His opinion is that he fought for the rights of people to stand or sit or kneel for the National Anthem and that a politician who actively dodged military service should stfu

Well said.

The treatment of vets has historically been a disgrace in the US. All sides have blame.

RadioGAAGAA

I believe they died fighting for the freedom to choose - as opposed to the other side who would have sent the gestapo after you if you didn't sieg heil with sufficient enthusiasm to the swastika.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 09, 2020, 09:47:17 PM

I believe they died fighting for the freedom to choose - as opposed to the other side who would have sent the gestapo after you if you didn't sieg heil with sufficient enthusiasm to the swastika.
my point is eamon probably wouldn't make the same disparaging comment about the tricolor or Irish National anthem but will about the country that he emigrated too that gave him more opportunities and a better standard of living than he could have had in  Ireland. I find that attitude all too common these days and strange.

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 10:03:26 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 09, 2020, 09:47:17 PM

my point is eamon probably wouldn't make the same disparaging comment about the tricolor or Irish National anthem but will about the country that he emigrated too that gave him more opportunities and a better standard of living than he could have had in  Ireland. I find that attitude all too common these days and strange.

lol -yes the hypocrisy and double standards are mind blowing as are the chips on the shoulder and extremely thin skin

J70

Why is it a double-standard?

Do Eamon or any of the rest of us have cause to burn the tricolour or kneel during the anthem?

Has anyone condemned such acts while defending the rights of people to do so with the US flag or anthem?

Personally, I'd give up or even burn the Irish flag in a heartbeat if it was warranted. They're just symbols. Obvious issue to come to mind would be reunification.