GAABoard Fantasy NFL - Superbowl V - Champion Crowned

Started by AZOffaly, July 06, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Hi All,

It's nearly getting to that time of year when we start thinking of quarterbacks, sacks, hail marys and blitz defences. Last year we ran two conferences because of interest, (We had 28 entrants). I'd propose doing the same setup again if we have the numbers. What does everybody think?

Finally, I'd use Yahoo again, because we are all so familiar with the setup there now, but if anyone else has alternatives like NFL.com or CBSSports or whatever, lets have them and we can decide.

Cheers

Rossie11

Good stuff. Yahoo fine with me.
Are you gonna have a look at the scoring structure AZ?
Personally I would be in favour of cutting pts for QBs throwing TDs. Maybe from 6 down to 4.
The draft (and the scoring) was very top heavy with QBs last year 

AZOffaly

I'm willing to hear all suggestions/wishes. Then I'll make the decision. That's something we can tweak right up to the start of the season I think, certainly until the draft.

the onion bag

Good stuff, I thought last year was fairly good - maybe though, rather than having separate sections, you could do a division 1 and division 2 based on last years rankings  ;)

Stick my name down anyway.

declan85

Good to see this back!
Agree with the passing TD points being reduced, it should be seen as more of an assist than the qb getting the same points as the guy that gets into the end zone...

thewobbler

I'd like to be in the same section as fntn.

heganboy

sure let me see how horrendously I can do this year-
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GalwayBayBoy

Count me in. Went 14-1 last season in Montana before choking in the play-offs. >:(

lob her in lad

What does a man have to do to get involved in this??
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

AZOffaly

I'll post instructions when I set up the leagues. Probably 2 sections again.

mc_grens

I'm in, see if I can improve on last years 4th place!

How about Points per reception. Like a hallf point per reception or something?

Make the Wes Welkers of this world worth drafting.

You're a wee bit earlier than last year AZ... Hyped up a bit by AZ's superbowl appearance?

Dinny Breen

The Rams will be in, had a losing season last year so due another winning season  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mc_grens on July 06, 2009, 09:20:36 PM
I'm in, see if I can improve on last years 4th place!

How about Points per reception. Like a hallf point per reception or something?

Wasn't it 0.5 points per reception last season?

Gabriel_Hurl