Buying Electronic gear.( Help Needed)

Started by An Gaeilgoir, October 25, 2009, 12:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

In the market to buy an LCD TV (Wall mounted), a stereo system and a camcorder. i am wondering is there much savings to be made to buying this stuff up north, if so where is the best place to go or  there any good on-line places that people have used? or am i as well to buy local?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 25, 2009, 12:46:31 PM
In the market to buy an LCD TV (Wall mounted), a stereo system and a camcorder. i am wondering is there much savings to be made to buying this stuff up north, if so where is the best place to go or  there any good on-line places that people have used? or am i as well to buy local?
Thanks in advance for the help.
The televisions don't come wall mounted in the north but I know what you mean ;). Where are you based? The likes of Curry's, Laser, Richer Sounds etc always have sales on so I'm sure you'd get reasonable prices. Use the power of the internet to hunt around first for good prices, makes and models.

gerry

Try boardsie and you get treads on there about buying in the north.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

mylestheslasher

pc world in the north can be 10-20% cheaper than pc world in the south. Currys are part of the same group so I assume the same price difference occurs. Same goes for argos north and south.

Gnevin

Richer Sounds in Belfast is your only man. Even ships it down to Mexico for cheap.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

JUst retired

If you go online to Curry`s store and see what you want and order it on line, then arrange online to pick it up in store, you get a good discount, the same applies with PC world.I worked for them in the service part of the Dixons group. :D

JUst retired

I should have added you dont need to pay online,just order and pay when you pick it up ::)