What TV to Buy

Started by galwayman, September 16, 2008, 05:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 22, 2010, 10:47:37 AM
Got a present of a samsung lcd led tv. There is a   great picture off it untill you watch a football match  then there appears to be shadows as the players run (not doing a good job explianing this) any one any ideas of what could be wrong  ???

I am useless at this but if I had to guess I'd say your refresh rate is too low. Look for something on settings like 60hz and change it around. Or wait until someone in here that knows what they are doing comes in!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 22, 2010, 10:54:17 AM
Got a present of a samsung lcd led tv. There is a   great picture off it untill you watch a football match  then there appears to be shadows as the players run (not doing a good job explianing this) any one any ideas of what could be wrong  ???

I am useless at this but if I had to guess I'd say your refresh rate is too low. Look for something on settings like 60hz and change it around. Or wait until someone in here that knows what they are doing comes in!

:D thanks norf tyrone i'm useless at this stuff as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

David McKeown

If you let me know the model number I might be able to be of more assistance but one of two things comes to mind.  Either you have one of the early model Samsung LED tvs which looks great until something moves or hopefully you have it on some kind of movie preset, my Pannasonic tv is crap for sports until you turn it to the game preset then its one of the best tvs ive ever seen for sport.  As a result you should look for a button (usually one of the colour buttons) on your remote that changes the picture settings.  Youll probably have options such as cinema, game, sport etc
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

the Deel Rover

Quote from: David McKeown on December 22, 2010, 11:40:13 AM

If you let me know the model number I might be able to be of more assistance but one of two things comes to mind.  Either you have one of the early model Samsung LED tvs which looks great until something moves or hopefully you have it on some kind of movie preset, my Pannasonic tv is crap for sports until you turn it to the game preset then its one of the best tvs ive ever seen for sport.  As a result you should look for a button (usually one of the colour buttons) on your remote that changes the picture settings.  Youll probably have options such as cinema, game, sport etc

i just have it a couple of weeks David  so i'm assuming its an up to date model  led tv . i have tried looking at the settings but can't see anything for sport on it but i'll have another look this evening if i can't find anything i 'll probably get back to you with the model number . Thanks
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

David McKeown

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 22, 2010, 11:50:19 AM

i just have it a couple of weeks David  so i'm assuming its an up to date model  led tv . i have tried looking at the settings but can't see anything for sport on it but i'll have another look this evening if i can't find anything i 'll probably get back to you with the model number . Thanks

Excellent sorry didn't see the bit about it being a present, the Samsung LED's are great tv's once properly calibrated. 

the Deel Rover

Quote from: David McKeown on December 22, 2010, 12:03:35 PM

Excellent sorry didn't see the bit about it being a present, the Samsung LED's are great tv's once properly calibrated.

Thats good to know thanks for your help David .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

GalwayBayBoy

I have a Samsung. Did you check the manual? Usually there is recommended settings for different things. One of which would be sport which would have fast moving images. It might be stuck on the wrong setting.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 22, 2010, 12:08:28 PM

I have a Samsung. Did you check the manual? Usually there is recommended settings for different things. One of which would be sport which would have fast moving images. It might be stuck on the wrong setting.

yup GBB i thought i has it set on the sports settings but i'll have look again
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

take_yer_points

Any good deals on TVs about lads? I'm looking to try and pick up around 40" one over the next few days- at the minute it's looking like a Bush one from Argos at £299. Does anyone have one of these?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5369973.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: isourboydownyet on December 18, 2010, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: downredblack on December 17, 2010, 09:14:37 PM
After winning a Walker LCD 32 " , The young one is delighted with it in her room . I have never heard of them , will I get the year out of it ?

not a bad set,most of them are mpeg4 tuner so with the right aerial you will get rte through freeview.

Bought one of these a year ago for the spare room. The price was right and i have to say not a problem with it. Walker used to be Mitsubishi TV in a previous life.

flantheman82

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 26, 2010, 03:12:39 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on December 26, 2010, 11:52:43 AM
Any good deals on TVs about lads? I'm looking to try and pick up around 40" one over the next few days- at the minute it's looking like a Bush one from Argos at £299. Does anyone have one of these?

Run a mile from Bush, Alba, Goodwins.  There are plenty of good TVs for the same money even from Argos.  At the minute there is a clear out of HD ready lcd and plasma tvs in many stores for around £300.

I have a 37 inch bush tv that's nearly 4 years old and I haven't had a single problem with it.
Was talking to a guy who works in tv repairs and he said that's it's great now because most high spec tvs (samsung, lg etc) now have bush innards with their own casing on it. They buy the technology from bush, stick their own cover on and bump the price up a hundred or two.
But that's just what I've been told and experienced. The other brands might look slicker but imo the viewing quality isn't compromised.
Can't comment on alba or the rest though.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: flantheman82 on December 26, 2010, 06:56:53 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on December 26, 2010, 03:12:39 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on December 26, 2010, 11:52:43 AM

Run a mile from Bush, Alba, Goodwins.  There are plenty of good TVs for the same money even from Argos.  At the minute there is a clear out of HD ready lcd and plasma tvs in many stores for around £300.

I have a 37 inch bush tv that's nearly 4 years old and I haven't had a single problem with it.
Was talking to a guy who works in tv repairs and he said that's it's great now because most high spec tvs (samsung, lg etc) now have bush innards with their own casing on it. They buy the technology from bush, stick their own cover on and bump the price up a hundred or two.
But that's just what I've been told and experienced. The other brands might look slicker but imo the viewing quality isn't compromised.
Can't comment on alba or the rest though.

not true,bush, goodmans, technika and even some of the entry models of jvc and tosh all use vestel chassis which are made in turkey

JimStynes

Anybody ever deal with Richer Sounds in Belfast? Some great deals on at the minute, the aul fella got a couple of TVs off them in the past and said they are a great bunch to deal with. Cheapest about apparently.

Muzz

Richer Sounds are spot on...will price match for you also!

That includes warranty - so if its a tv with 5 year warranty for £500 they will give you the exact same price!

David McKeown

Can't speak highly enough of Richer Sounds although I'm in there that often I'm on first name terms with all the staff